Omnia 4 (B7350) custom ROM's 6.1/6.5 RU/WWE

Search This thread

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
17.02.12 Photoalbum database file fix to Storage Card (save 10th of mb of stolen space in mainstorage by mediaalbum database)
19.05.11 ROM Kitchen based on OSBuilder incl. SYS/OEM WM 6.5 (Build 21895) RU
Kitchen: DOWNLOAD
13.05.11 WM 6.1 Lite (Build 21054) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 8mb)
WWE(ENG): DOWNLOAD
Change log same as for 08.05.11 version.
08.05.11 WM 6.1 Lite (Build 21054) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 8mb)
RU: DOWNLOAD

How to flash at Post 2. Main difference - you dont need to flash langpack and take out battery as for older release (03/04/11).
Change log to older rel.:
-option to turn off autolockscreen;
-more hardware buttons customizable;
-no samsung dialer (video calls not avaliable).

03.04.11 WM 6.5.1 Lite (Build 21895) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 16mb)
attachment.php
attachment.php

"Lite" (RUS/WWE)
-extra lang packages;
-software: GoogleMaps, DIOdict, Samsung Today;
-other garbage from samsung;
-My Phone (can be downloaded via Marketplace);
-Windows Live/Live Search (can be downloaded via Marketplace);
-MS Money, Weather widgets (can be found on internet);
+voice commander (only in WWE)
+HTC Task Manager;
+game Bubble breaker;
+Samsung Task manager;
+Samsung Alarms (only in WWE);
+Samsung FN Launcher;
+Transcriber (WWE);
+Home Screen Customizer incl. widgets -Weather, Progs..etc (for Titanium)
+added hidden wm 65 feature - screen vibration (option in sound settings)
+added hidden samsung sound settings (suxx)
Bugs/mods:
+Modified keyboard driver- assignable button "WIN" Hold;
+New keybacklight settings;
+Option "disconnect" replaced by "restart" in Shutdown menu;
+tweaked touch driver settings and smart touch (from HTC) (only WWE);
-Some menu's missing in Media Browser.(Due incompatibility with wm 651) Can use standard WM media browser instead.
-b7350 dialer doesn't show photo on incoming call ( Due incompatibility with wm 651) can use standard windows dialer or other.
Free file memory ~ 240 MB, Page pool 16 MB.

1. Flasher and instructions at post 2.
2. I'm not responsible for any damage due flasher or custom ROM to your device.
3. Is possible to change hardware keyboard layouts via registry in any ROM (this post)
4. Enjoy!!!
5. If you like my work pls PAYPAL
6. If you need to revert to original ROM or want to see official latest updates go here (need to be registered to view)

Attachments

• orsay3.png
    orsay3.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 13,260
  • orsay4.png
    orsay4.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 12,752
Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
How to flash my custom ROM's to b7350?

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS OF CUSTOM ROMS FOR B7350 V.1
Must have before flashing:

1. You will need only THIS flasher program. (Notice that flasher is patched against cheksum and other samsung protection and do not try to flash PHONE or BOOT files via this loader to avoid unexpected problems).
2. Also this PHONE bin part or another from this device (to enable other fields in flasher)
3. Only this dummy CSC part.
4. Any Langpack.lp0 (if you dont have here is one)
4. PDA image file of custom firmware(post 1)

How to flash:
For first time open loader and choise Model: "Orsay" in "PHONE" section -> choise phone part.bin
1. Choise in "PDA" section custom ROm(nb0). "CSC" field -Dummy CSC. "LangPAck" field -Langpack file lp0.
2. In "download mode" tick on only "PDA", "CSC", "Langpack" (Important "Boot", "Phone boot", "Phone" and other must keep unticked!!!)
4. Switch off device and disconnect from PC. Hold "Volume down"+"Lock"+"Power on" buttons till Downloading mode will appear. Now connect to PC.
If device is connected youl see green bar in flasher.
3. Press Start. Downloader asks you to reformat partitions- press Yes.

After updating phone reboots and shows error during lang customisation -its ok! When screen goes off- reinsert battery and power phone up again.

Last edited:

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
First of all, thank you for your work. I never thought I see a customised ROM for Omnia 4:). Still, before I try it, can you tell me what are the advantages of this ROM besides some removed apps and more free RAM. Is it speedier? Thanks.

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
Any chances to preserve Samsung Home in a future ROM version? I kind of like it, I can put all my shortcuts there.

jmsmartins

Jan 13, 2009
Faro
AWESOME!
Thanks a lot buddy, hope to see more of this coming from u :)
Glad that u cooked using WM6.5!

did u test the rom for a while? any kind of SOD bug?
cheers

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
What file should I put in Eboot image when I flash?
NOTHING!!!!Boot image is bootloader image. Dont touch it, instead you are flashing official rom with non cracked flasher
Choise only "pda" csc" and "lang" images also tick on "pda.csc.lang" rest remain unticked.
If pda/csc/lang is corrupt during flashing or some other reason, you can always reflash. If you corrupt with PHONE/Boot downloading -will be just a bricked device after.

Last edited:

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
Sorry for the noob question, but at first, I didn't have the "start" button active. After i reconnected the phone it worked. Thanks.

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
read 2nd post carefully!
i think u can't flash eboot or u will mess things up
AWESOME!
Thanks a lot buddy, hope to see more of this coming from u :)
Glad that u cooked using WM6.5!

did u test the rom for a while? any kind of SOD bug?
cheers
Im trying to patch flasher to avoid flashing of other sections by assident ;)
Russian version is already 4 days old. There is nothing dangerous in those roms. Friend is running english version for 2 days so far no problems.
Personally, me was using this device only for rom cooking. I dont own omnia 4, i still have old best i780! ;)
BTW from i780 and "brothers" i took some useful software that is applied to new rom.

Last edited:

jmsmartins

Jan 13, 2009
Faro
hi
i'm testing your rom and it looks great!
some programs/settings are not fully compatible but that's ok.

i have one small issue: when i change background image, the lockscreen image doesn't change. who can i overcome that?

cheers

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
Running the rom for a few hours. So far, it works perfect, it seems a little faster than with the stock rom. I use SPB Mobile Shell and this is a little faster too. I like the fact that I can configure windows button (long press action) and also that I can get rid of auto correct features (that work only on english anyway).
The problem with EBoot was my fault, I just couldn't click on "Start" with no eboot image loaded, but after I restarted the phone everything worked as it should.

All in all, great first rom for our Omnia 4 phone, Heineken, keep up the good work ;)

Reactions: heineken78

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
Heineken, no serious bugs so far but I noticed that when I answer a call it takes around a second between the time I press the Answer button and the moment I hear the caller. I don't know if this is because of the ROM or this is just the way this phone behaves. But, I didn't noticed that earlier. Also, after I restart the phone, I receive a message "The file InitHomeDown cannot be opened". It's not a real problem, because after I close this window, everything works as it should.
I'm still happy with this rom, as I said no major problems so far.

Reactions: heineken78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    17.02.12 Photoalbum database file fix to Storage Card (save 10th of mb of stolen space in mainstorage by mediaalbum database)
    19.05.11 ROM Kitchen based on OSBuilder incl. SYS/OEM WM 6.5 (Build 21895) RU
    Kitchen: DOWNLOAD
    13.05.11 WM 6.1 Lite (Build 21054) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 8mb)
    Change log same as for 08.05.11 version.
    08.05.11 WM 6.1 Lite (Build 21054) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 8mb)

How to flash at Post 2. Main difference - you dont need to flash langpack and take out battery as for older release (03/04/11).
    Change log to older rel.:
    -option to turn off autolockscreen;
    -more hardware buttons customizable;
    -no samsung dialer (video calls not avaliable).

03.04.11 WM 6.5.1 Lite (Build 21895) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 16mb)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

"Lite" (RUS/WWE)
    -extra lang packages;
    -software: GoogleMaps, DIOdict, Samsung Today;
    -other garbage from samsung;
    -My Phone (can be downloaded via Marketplace);
    -Windows Live/Live Search (can be downloaded via Marketplace);
    -MS Money, Weather widgets (can be found on internet);
    +voice commander (only in WWE)
    +HTC Task Manager;
    +game Bubble breaker;
    +Samsung Task manager;
    +Samsung Alarms (only in WWE);
    +Samsung FN Launcher;
    +Transcriber (WWE);
    +Home Screen Customizer incl. widgets -Weather, Progs..etc (for Titanium)
    +added hidden wm 65 feature - screen vibration (option in sound settings)
    +added hidden samsung sound settings (suxx)
    Bugs/mods:
    +Modified keyboard driver- assignable button "WIN" Hold;
    +New keybacklight settings;
    +Option "disconnect" replaced by "restart" in Shutdown menu;
    +tweaked touch driver settings and smart touch (from HTC) (only WWE);
    -Some menu's missing in Media Browser.(Due incompatibility with wm 651) Can use standard WM media browser instead.
    -b7350 dialer doesn't show photo on incoming call ( Due incompatibility with wm 651) can use standard windows dialer or other.
    Free file memory ~ 240 MB, Page pool 16 MB.

1. Flasher and instructions at post 2.
    2. I'm not responsible for any damage due flasher or custom ROM to your device.
    3. Is possible to change hardware keyboard layouts via registry in any ROM (this post)
    4. Enjoy!!!
    5. If you like my work pls PAYPAL
    6. If you need to revert to original ROM or want to see official latest updates go here (need to be registered to view)
    First of all, thank you for your work. I never thought I see a customised ROM for Omnia 4:). Still, before I try it, can you tell me what are the advantages of this ROM besides some removed apps and more free RAM. Is it speedier? Thanks.
    yes its far quicklier/ classic windows GUI with Start on top!
    you can use wm titanium - its quicklier, smoother and has wonderful tool HSC (Home screen cutomizer 1.51)incl in this rom that includes shortcuts, weather and other usefull plugins for titanium. Samsung home is a garbage circa 5-6 mb of file space and memory.
    Running the rom for a few hours. So far, it works perfect, it seems a little faster than with the stock rom. I use SPB Mobile Shell and this is a little faster too. I like the fact that I can configure windows button (long press action) and also that I can get rid of auto correct features (that work only on english anyway).
    The problem with EBoot was my fault, I just couldn't click on "Start" with no eboot image loaded, but after I restarted the phone everything worked as it should.

All in all, great first rom for our Omnia 4 phone, Heineken, keep up the good work ;)
    Heineken, no serious bugs so far but I noticed that when I answer a call it takes around a second between the time I press the Answer button and the moment I hear the caller. I don't know if this is because of the ROM or this is just the way this phone behaves. But, I didn't noticed that earlier. Also, after I restart the phone, I receive a message "The file InitHomeDown cannot be opened". It's not a real problem, because after I close this window, everything works as it should.
    I'm still happy with this rom, as I said no major problems so far.