[REF] Nexus 10 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

DGMayor

Nov 21, 2009
Cary
If all you did was root, meaning you are still running the stock ROM, you will still get the OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

For what it's worth, I'm unlocked/rooted and it came up with the OTA update. It rebooted and then came up with the open android with the red yield and said "error" below it. I told it to reboot and it continued the process of optimizing upgrade, but I'm still at 4.2 / J0P40C.

I'll have to do it manually later, I guess.

Edit: Well, December is there in the people app...

Last edited:

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
OTA manually

Why don't you guys just update manually. The process is very simple....

While you are on wifi, turn airplane mode on. Go to Settings - apps - all and look for google service framework (something like that, im spanish), and press delete data (it is possible that you have to do it twice untill it is fully deleted). Now you just have to put airplane mode off and wait untill the ota appears.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Why don't you guys just update manually. The process is very simple....

While you are on wifi, turn airplane mode on. Go to Settings - apps - all and look for google service framework (something like that, im spanish), and press delete data (it is possible that you have to do it twice untill it is fully deleted). Now you just have to put airplane mode off and wait untill the ota appears.

Clearing the data on Google Services Framework has negative side effects. Namely the fact that it breaks push notifications. If you use Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, GetGlue, IMDB, any anti theft remote wipe app like Android Lost, etc., you will no longer receive any notifications from those alps until you clear their data and set each of those asps up again individually from scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lKBZl

corollagtssrx

Sep 22, 2008
How do you know what OTA's to install and which to wait on?

For example, The last OTA for my DroidX locked the bootloader so it could not be changed.

dcnice

Jun 29, 2010
Just thoughtI would post up a bit of imformation. Tired to update my rooted device and it came up with an error. It also errored when I tried it via adb sideload (but this told me why).
My Fix was as follows:
I had installed the ASOP browser and renamed the BrowserProviderProxy.apk and the BrowserProviderProxy.odex. When I renamed these back to the original name, the update worked. I used adb sideload, but I would guess that the update via OTA would also work.

Reactions: oldblue910

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Just thoughtI would post up a bit of imformation. Tired to update my rooted device and it came up with an error. It also errored when I tried it via adb sideload (but this told me why).
My Fix was as follows:
I had installed the ASOP browser and renamed the BrowserProviderProxy.apk and the BrowserProviderProxy.odex. When I renamed these back to the original name, the update worked. I used adb sideload, but I would guess that the update via OTA would also work.

Yep, that'll do it every time. OTAs will normally fail if any file on the /system partition has been modified. :) When OTAs are installing, they go through and check the hash of every single file before patching it to the newer version. If one of those hashes is off, which can only happen if you have the wrong version of a file, the whole OTA will fail.

bplewis24

Mar 10, 2011
Sacramento
Yep, that'll do it every time. OTAs will normally fail if any file on the /system partition has been modified. :) When OTAs are installing, they go through and check the hash of every single file before patching it to the newer version. If one of those hashes is off, which can only happen if you have the wrong version of a file, the whole OTA will fail.

Can anybody possibly help me here? The OTA that was pushed to my N10 failed 2-3 times, which brought me to a Google search that suggested I manually sideload the OTA. I downloaded the file from the first post here and attempted a sideload, and had the same problem as the poster that you quoted. The difference is I don't recall altering any /system files. I'm NOT rooted, and I typically only alter /system files when rooted. Here is a pic of what happened when I attempted the sideload via ADB:

N10OTASideload.jpg

Any thoughts on how I can manually error-check this myself? Are there any /system files that could have been altered by installing a non-root app? I'm at a loss on this one.

Brandon

risktaker

Jul 16, 2009
Had the same issue but it actually bricked my N10. Google is sending me a new Nexus with the patched system.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I installed a modified zip from the other OTA update thread and it worked. After that I ran the ef2sck which found errors which it fixed. It was suggested to flash the factory JOP40C get the OTA JOP40D update correctly which I did. You might what to read the other thread about the OTA JOP40D update.

Reactions: bplewis24

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Can anybody possibly help me here? The OTA that was pushed to my N10 failed 2-3 times, which brought me to a Google search that suggested I manually sideload the OTA. I downloaded the file from the first post here and attempted a sideload, and had the same problem as the poster that you quoted. The difference is I don't recall altering any /system files. I'm NOT rooted, and I typically only alter /system files when rooted. Here is a pic of what happened when I attempted the sideload via ADB:

N10OTASideload.jpg

Any thoughts on how I can manually error-check this myself? Are there any /system files that could have been altered by installing a non-root app? I'm at a loss on this one.

Brandon

This can happen for a variety of reasons. Honestly, I would go to http://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, download the JOP40C 4.2 images for your N10, flash them in Fastboot, and then try the manual upgrade again.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
This can happen for a variety of reasons. Honestly, I would go to http://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, download the JOP40C 4.2 images for your N10, flash them in Fastboot, and then try the manual upgrade again.
I have done this in the past (got the factory image, flashed it, skipped through setup wizard (no login), rebooted immediatly back to recovery and tried sideloading) and it didn't work. I'll likely try it out in a bit unless auto-update works.

Edit: Auto update failed... trying sideload soon

Last edited:

bplewis24

Mar 10, 2011
Sacramento
I installed a modified zip from the other OTA update thread and it worked. After that I ran the ef2sck which found errors which it fixed. It was suggested to flash the factory JOP40C get the OTA JOP40D update correctly which I did. You might what to read the other thread about the OTA JOP40D update.

Just finished reading through that thread. I'll have to try it when I get home because it sounds like I'm suffering from the same thing some of the folks in that thread were.

In fact, the first thing I do when I get a new device is unlock the bootloader (I only buy Nexus devices). When I unlocked the bootloader on the N10, it wouldn't boot up past the JB "X". So I ended up doing a fresh install of the factory images and then used stock recovery to do a system restore and finally it booted up. I'm thinking something must have been wrong with my factory image, which is what was alluded to in that thread I read.

Brandon

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Just finished reading through that thread. I'll have to try it when I get home because it sounds like I'm suffering from the same thing some of the folks in that thread were.

In fact, the first thing I do when I get a new device is unlock the bootloader (I only buy Nexus devices). When I unlocked the bootloader on the N10, it wouldn't boot up past the JB "X". So I ended up doing a fresh install of the factory images and then used stock recovery to do a system restore and finally it booted up. I'm thinking something must have been wrong with my factory image, which is what was alluded to in that thread I read.

Brandon
That's exactly what happened to me after unlocking the bootloader. Did it come with the JVP15P build too?

bplewis24

Mar 10, 2011
Sacramento
That's exactly what happened to me after unlocking the bootloader. Did it come with the JVP15P build too?

Unfortunately I can't remember, or I never knew because I didn't check. That's good news for me though, hopefully if I run the ADB commands you did I will have the same results. I don't really want to flash back to stock and lose data.

I'm not rooted so I plan on simply ADB pushing a temporary custom recovery (likely TWRP since I use it on my phone) and then unmounting system and pushing the ADB commands.

Brandon

Top Liked Posts