[23-10-2009] WM6.1 & WM6.5: HyperDragon IV Mega

Search This thread

denco7

Apr 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Sounds to me like these guys are actually experiencing the UEVD issue rather than any call volume problem: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=352906

Thanks drokkon that was an interesting thread. The Volume of the phone is not a problem. It rings , it announces emails and texts. The alarm works. You never have to touch the volume. It is just on some incoming calls, the phone rings, I answer the screen shows connected, the little connection vibrate happens just no sound on the call. You then call out, still no sound 'til a soft reset solves the problem for now.

yo3gjc

May 14, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Fantastic ROM, is there any way to monitor what is loaded into memory, I constant see after reboot the free memory is around 50%, using different apps free mem is going down to let's say 30% but after I close the used apps I expect to free the memory back, but the free mem stays at 30%. I need to restart to go back to 50%. Is not a cookie or temps, gotta be something else. Any ideea?
Another obs. in the band page if you enable just GSM (no Auto) and 1900/850 with 1.70.19.09 seems to give me more often delay in screen response and even freeze. If I go with Auto/Auto seems to work better. I applied 3.56 and on a top of it 3.29. Anyone experienced this? I tested with 1.65.24.36 and in my case at least gave me more troubles than 1.70.19.09. Seems that if you are running out of coverage and than re-enter into service area phone sometimes freeze, I am almost 100% this is caused by the radio and not ROM

Last edited:

sakajati

May 17, 2007
Jakarta
Anyway, I have the Dec 03 build and I’m trying to iron out a couple of issues. One of them is with the YouTube feature. Sometimes it shows videos and others I get an error that just says “No Videos”. I’ve tried to research this but not having a lot of luck. There was a reference to a you tube fix and a cab called “ravest Youtube fix” but I’m not sure if it applies to me.

This may or may not be caused by the version of opera I’m using. I hear many different references to opera including lite, mini and mobile. I have the Opera_v9.5_Build_2128_QVGA_WWE version which appears to be mobile and then I have the My_Flash3_1 flash plugin installed that does not seem to help either.

You can try to play with the registry setting.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\YouTube]
"HTTPTimeOut"=dword:00015F90
"CreateConnectBySD"=dword:00000001
"BandWidth"=dword:00000000
"GuaranteedBandWidth"=dword:00000000
"MaxBandWidth"=dword:00000000
"ProxyName"=""
"IgnoreProxy"=dword:00000000
"HttpProtocol"=dword:00000001
"TempFileLocation"=dword:00000001
"PacketLength"=dword:00000020
"ThroughputThreshold"=dword:00000028
"InitMinStorage"=dword:00000008
"PurgeMinStorage"=dword:00001400
"MaxTransferDelay"=dword:00000000
"EnableMDP"=dword:00000001
"EnableSW"=dword:00000000
"MaxBufferSize"=dword:00001388
"MaxHistory"=dword:00000032

For example, you can change the GuaranteedBandWidth to 1.
Code:
"GuaranteedBandWidth"=dword:00000001

sakajati

May 17, 2007
Jakarta
I was exploring the settings and features of HD III Blackstone and came upon the utilities folder and the Comm Mgr Style button, so I pressed it to see what other choices I had, It switched to Dutty's 10 Button Black which I used previous to flashing to this rom. New rom , new screens, so I decided to switch back. But when I switched back the 3G on-off was gone , replaced by the MS Direct Push on-off .

I don't use direct push anymore, it eats battery charge by keeping active sync and data connection on all the time to get push e-mail. I want my 3G slide back, Any ideas?

Just open this registry:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\4]
@="AUTD"

and change "AUTD" to "3G". Easy as pie :p

mobi

Nov 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks for the info but being such a noob here, I would not know what to change them to. I have a reg editor but I dont know enough of what they do.

Any chance of some suggestions like you did with the "GuaranteedBandWidth"=dword:00000001?

Thanks in advance.

You can try to play with the registry setting.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\YouTube]
"HTTPTimeOut"=dword:00015F90
"CreateConnectBySD"=dword:00000001
"BandWidth"=dword:00000000
"GuaranteedBandWidth"=dword:00000000
"MaxBandWidth"=dword:00000000
"ProxyName"=""
"IgnoreProxy"=dword:00000000
"HttpProtocol"=dword:00000001
"TempFileLocation"=dword:00000001
"PacketLength"=dword:00000020
"ThroughputThreshold"=dword:00000028
"InitMinStorage"=dword:00000008
"PurgeMinStorage"=dword:00001400
"MaxTransferDelay"=dword:00000000
"EnableMDP"=dword:00000001
"EnableSW"=dword:00000000
"MaxBufferSize"=dword:00001388
"MaxHistory"=dword:00000032

For example, you can change the GuaranteedBandWidth to 1.
Code:
"GuaranteedBandWidth"=dword:00000001

itwasntme187

Aug 23, 2005
London
sakajati,
What radio set would you advise would suit the dec 03 rom? i am having issues with the radio i currently have on it - 1.65.24.36 - intermittant sound and seudden loss of network service until a soft reset is performed.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
sakajati,
What radio set would you advise would suit the dec 03 rom? i am having issues with the radio i currently have on it - 1.65.24.36 - intermittant sound and seudden loss of network service until a soft reset is performed.
It depends where in the world you are as different radios are more suited for different locations. Im in east england and get on well with 1.70.19.09 but you could also try 1.71.09.01 or 1.58.25.17 and see which one works best for you.

itwasntme187

Aug 23, 2005
London
It depends where in the world you are as different radios are more suited for different locations. Im in east england and get on well with 1.70.19.09 but you could also try 1.71.09.01 or 1.58.25.17 and see which one works best for you.

In in London UK on T-Mobile, i am looking into the radio threads and most people have no issues with 1.70.19.09 so im going to try that...

also a noob question but its been a while since i have changed radio... do i need to do a hard reset if i am just upgrading the radio?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
In in London UK on T-Mobile, i am looking into the radio threads and most people have no issues with 1.70.19.09 so im going to try that...

also a noob question but its been a while since i have changed radio... do i need to do a hard reset if i am just upgrading the radio?
Nope you can simply sync and flash the radio without hard reseting afterwards. Hard resetting is only recommended after a Rom flash :)

ogp

Feb 15, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
This is the first time I've flashed my device. I was running the vanilla AT&T WM 6.0 rom. It seems like since flashing, my battery life has become terrible. I've had my device for about a year. Is the battery just worn out, or is it something in the rom? I keep wireless and bluetooth both turned off and mainly use it for a few calls and checking email (exchange and gmail imap). It used to last like 10+ hours, now it barely makes it 8. Before I buy a new battery, are there any tweaks I should try? I did try changing the radio to KAIS_RADIO_ONLY_1.71.09.01_CustomRuu but didn't seem to help. On the battery info screen I don't have any info at all.

I've also noticed while using the rom my phone will randomly reboot on me. Sometimes I'm in a call or checking email or updating RSS feeds, etc. It appears to happen completely randomly. Not sure if this might be related to the battery.

Thanks.

itwasntme187

Aug 23, 2005
London
This is the first time I've flashed my device. I was running the vanilla AT&T WM 6.0 rom. It seems like since flashing, my battery life has become terrible. I've had my device for about a year. Is the battery just worn out, or is it something in the rom? I keep wireless and bluetooth both turned off and mainly use it for a few calls and checking email (exchange and gmail imap). It used to last like 10+ hours, now it barely makes it 8. Before I buy a new battery, are there any tweaks I should try? I did try changing the radio to KAIS_RADIO_ONLY_1.71.09.01_CustomRuu but didn't seem to help. On the battery info screen I don't have any info at all.

I've also noticed while using the rom my phone will randomly reboot on me. Sometimes I'm in a call or checking email or updating RSS feeds, etc. It appears to happen completely randomly. Not sure if this might be related to the battery.

Thanks.

Sound like the radio... try flashing to the KAIS_Radio_Only_1.70.19.09
i just did it and the GPS picks up in seconds, the reception is very good also. battery looks to be ok although its only been a little while i have had it on but then again i have bluetooth and 3G (HSDPA) always on.

ogp

Feb 15, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
i just did it and the GPS picks up in seconds, the reception is very good also. battery looks to be ok although its only been a little while i have had it on but then again i have bluetooth and 3G (HSDPA) always on.

Going back to an older radio version would be better? That seems weird to me. But I'll give it a shot. I also always have 3G (which now shows as an H instead of 3G) on but no wireless or bluetooth.

itwasntme187

Aug 23, 2005
London
Going back to an older radio version would be better? That seems weird to me. But I'll give it a shot. I also always have 3G (which now shows as an H instead of 3G) on but no wireless or bluetooth.

Its not about old or new, its about which radio suits your phone depending on your location and device. after searching on the forum i have seen that alot of people are satisfied with the results of this particular radio but keep in mind that its not always the case so you may need to try other radios.

let me know how it goes as i am interested to know how well this radio works... i am still testing it myself

ogp

Feb 15, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Its not about old or new, its about which radio suits your phone depending on your location and device. after searching on the forum i have seen that alot of people are satisfied with the results of this particular radio but keep in mind that its not always the case so you may need to try other radios.

let me know how it goes as i am interested to know how well this radio works... i am still testing it myself

I've flashed the radio and I'll live with it over the weekend and report back. FYI, I'm in the States with AT&T.

Mikejasjar

Jul 23, 2008
Is there an easy way to send a text message to lots of contacts at once with the hdIII rom? I have now got a new number and want to send it to some of the contacts on my phone, but if i select them in the contacts list, there sms is greyed out and cant send to all of them at once.
I think it might be possible to type each persons name in, but i need to scroll throught the contacts to see which ones i want to give my new number to..
Also i hard reset it when i put the new sim in, and now i cant get the weather working again, but will see if any of the newer remedies works for that..

slawcop`

Jan 17, 2008
Texas
www.4shared.com
Is there an easy way to send a text message to lots of contacts at once with the hdIII rom? I have now got a new number and want to send it to some of the contacts on my phone, but if i select them in the contacts list, there sms is greyed out and cant send to all of them at once.
I think it might be possible to type each persons name in, but i need to scroll throught the contacts to see which ones i want to give my new number to..
Also i hard reset it when i put the new sim in, and now i cant get the weather working again, but will see if any of the newer remedies works for that..

You can use a third party app to do that or you can disable advance fig to select unlimited amount of recipients. I personally bought PowerSMS and love it...really nice and easy to use software try it...http://www.trinketsoftware.com/Products.aspx

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I dont think you can quote on battery performance YET when the New Radio has only been on for 20 minutes mate haha :p

Glad it seems to have fixed your problems I think thats the best all rounder right now :)

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
You can use a third party app to do that or you can disable advance fig to select unlimited amount of recipients. I personally bought PowerSMS and love it...really nice and easy to use software try it...http://www.trinketsoftware.com/Products.aspx
I agree totally PowerSMS ROCKS it gives you soo much info about your txting habits and you can set up group lists to send mass messages to. If you dont want to pay for it you can install the trial but im not sure how limited that is and its well worth the money ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have donated please pm me at forum.sakajati.com to get your star & title:
    Code:
    Title: Donor

WM6.5: [19 October 2009] HyperDragon IV Mega CE OS 5.2.23071 Build 23071.5.3.0

WM6.1: [23 October 2009] HyperDragon IV Mega CE OS 5.2.21055 Build 21055.1.6.8

Received donations: Thanks for your support!
    333iazo.jpg

Special thanks to f1ip & exstatica for providing me with unlimited hosting service for free!

Click here to see the donor list ...
    The earlier WM 6.1 ROMs did not have the Cleartype bug. Is it maybe as simple as grabbing the associated DLLs from an older build to fix the glitch?
    I don't think it's a easy fix as no one seems to able to fix that in WM6.1. This is the only reason why I don't use any other WM6.1 other than Dutty's 4/29 hybride build.
    i know i'm in the minority but i like pocket internet explorer. i wish there was a way to make it the default browser with this ROM.

I haven't loaded the latest ROM yet, but if you rename your browser of choice to OperaL.exe in your \Windows folder, it'll load that.

And I'm with you. Not a big fan of Opera Mobile...

-Mc
    You're welcome mate. I wonder if you can make a killer welcome screen for the next HyperDragon III release :D
    It's the least I could do! PM me if you're looking for something specific...
    Its 1_5_35361_1, not yours. Its latest connection setup in hyperdragon. Its not in sakajatis 4shared cabs.
    Anyone?

http://www.4shared.com/file/75848927/76e36427/SJ_ConnectionSetup_1_5_35353_bs.html