MIUI.us 3.2.8 for AT&T Galaxy S3

Search This thread

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
Will be uploading miui 3.2.8 tonight. Since I upgraded all the components of miui some features do not work in toolbox such as centering the clock and no am/pm. The fix to this is that I added control pannel which will allow you to center the clock and do a few more things. The other feature not working is the color picker and widget re-sizer none of which I ever used anyway. Otherwise everything else works in Toolbox.

I decided to kill the back and menu button lights altogether because it seemed to be draining the battery a bit more on this build then usual. If you want it added back in I can do it fairly easily and as a small update. You will have the option to turn them off in settings, but you may still experience some battery drain(not sure). LET ME KNOW...

I added an additional keyboard from miui.Australia which works great along with landscape SMS.

Don't wait up for the upload...my upload speed sucks so I probably wont link it until tomorrow.

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
Re: MIUI.us 3.1.11 for AT&T Galaxy S3

Downloading in a few minutes, then ill flash it.
Is it noticeabley better than the last release?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

To be honest I never really notice much difference between the old and new Roms. I don't think MIUI has been doing a lot other then bug fixes. My personal take is that they have been focusing on V5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

peecs121

Jan 11, 2011
Re: MIUI.us 3.1.11 for AT&T Galaxy S3

What version is the newest update. 4.1.2? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

DarkFlasher

Oct 18, 2010
New Jersey
The only thing holding me back from this ROM is Google Voice still force closing. I hope it will be fixed at some point because I really enjoy the MIUI look. I used an old version of MIUI for a while, one released around October last year, but there were too many bugs.
Good work so far though, I hope you manage to spend some more time on this!

LuRock

Jan 8, 2010
Are some system apps still not changing when applying a theme on these last releases?

S3

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
This rom is really nice it seems as though the android community as a whole doesn't use miui as much anymore there use to be way more themes and these threads use to be full of people using miui :(

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
Are some system apps still not changing when applying a theme on these last releases?

S3

That's because the theme icon may be calling the camera app something else or a system app by another name. You can always download the theme editor from MIUI and edit the icon names.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: LuRock

chrisj22

Jun 6, 2011
Auburn, WA
The only thing holding me back from this ROM is Google Voice still force closing. I hope it will be fixed at some point because I really enjoy the MIUI look. I used an old version of MIUI for a while, one released around October last year, but there were too many bugs.
Good work so far though, I hope you manage to spend some more time on this!

The required update after flashing for Google voice via Google play has always fixed this for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Bugly Astard

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
This rom is really nice it seems as though the android community as a whole doesn't use miui as much anymore there use to be way more themes and these threads use to be full of people using miui :(

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

Mainly because the ui is so bulky that screen transitions are laggy. After asop or cm10 everything else seems slow and heavy. IMHO

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For AT&T Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vhdncnnc688ko2f

GApps
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...
    Modified Ktoonsez

Here is the modified kernel..
    Make sure you backup before installing it may be a little buggy..

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ay18s261qm0mkf

Thanks to Ktoonsez for making such an awesome kernel.
    Change log

Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.2.8

Nothing exciting to list....
    I'm working on the 2.12.7 update..i should hopefully have it up in a day or two...
    Heads up guys...I do have build 2.12.7 ready for upload. The only thing not working at the moment is the signal bars. They show full strength all the time. Everything else works such as themes, alarm clock, ect....I'm going to try to get a fix for the signal bars before I upload, but will post it up regardless sometime today.

This build was the first one that I really got into the porting process and built it up from ground zero. With that said the 2.12.14 release also comes out today and I will start work on it tonight. The process should be much smoother since I'm getting used to the process and mods that are required so I should be able to turn the rom out quicker.