[Q] Original screen protection

Search This thread

ZzKrackzZ

Nov 21, 2012
Hello,

I have scratched my screen, i take care and we have Gorilla Glass 3.

So, is there an original screen protection on the Nexus 5?

It was happened to me with a Xperia.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

mystertom101

Aug 6, 2012
the gorilla glass just isn't as good as others for some reason, my galaxy s4 i had for months which i treat worst than my nexus still has no scratches at all on the display not even a hairline, but i got them on my nexus 5 screen in first 2 days some how

XsheldorX

Nov 27, 2012
the gorilla glass just isn't as good as others for some reason, my galaxy s4 i had for months which i treat worst than my nexus still has no scratches at all on the display not even a hairline, but i got them on my nexus 5 screen in first 2 days some how

s4 and n5 are both gorilla glass 3, shouldn't be a difference. probably just bad luck in the first 2 days

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
Hello,

I have scratched my screen, i take care and we have Gorilla Glass 3.

So, is there an original screen protection on the Nexus 5?

It was happened to me with a Xperia.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Hi mate,

There is no such official screen protector available :)
Google provides with nexus 5 cases :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ZzKrackzZ

Nov 21, 2012
Thanks all but it's not my question. If the screen scratchs easily, I think that Google stick a pre-installed screen protection, isn't it?

vaibhav.ravi

Dec 9, 2013
Seattle, WA
Thanks all but it's not my question. If the screen scratchs easily, I think that Google stick a pre-installed screen protection, isn't it?

pre installed screen protector is not really a protector, just a piece of plastic which can't resist scratches much. you're better off with a 3rd party screen protector.

And LG coats the screen with a proprietary layers of oleophobic coating, etc etc during manufacturing so that is what you touch when you use the phone naked. Also this doesn't offer protection.

neugenusis

Mar 9, 2011

I think I know what you are asking about.

Sony Xperia phones come with a "mandatory" Anti-shatter film installed on the screen which Sony expects you to keep on forever. However, this film is prone to scratches which is why they recommend putting a screen protector on top of the film. If you try to remove the film (which is glued onto the screen), what's left is raw glass (no coating). The glass is not gorilla glass. Removing the film also voids warranty. I bet a lot of people didn't know that when they buy Xperia.

As for OP's question, there is no such "screen protection" on the Nexus. Only the Sony brands do this.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I know what you're talking about. It's the film that Sony puts on their devices that can't really be taken off without a knife. Apparently that scratches really easily but the screen underneath doesn't. No, the N5 doesn't have anything like that, and yes, it does scratch very easily.

mystertom101

Aug 6, 2012
i know s4 and n5 both use gorilla glass 3 but my nexus 5 is still getting more and more scratches where my s4 doesn't have one there really is a difference in the quality no one can tell me any different, because if their wasn't there would be no scratch on my n5 as i tram them exactly the same put them in the same places and i have had my s4 for a lot longer