Screen fading in and out at random??

Search This thread

davesters81

Jun 8, 2010
San Antonio
Hey, I am new to this forum, but just go the EVO (first Android phone) and loving it maybe too much. I'm also working on a couple of games which I hope to share soon.

Anways, I got mine on the 4th since I pre-ordered it a couple weeks in advance from Best Buy. I have been lucky to not have any of the problems others have been having, but something I just noticed recently, and only in the Market, but this could be because it is a mainly white screen that you stay on for long periods while browing apps so it is easier to notice.

The screen seems to randomly fade slightly darker and then back to normal, but slowly. I don't mean the regular screen idle fade because I have mine set to 10 minutes. I will be scrolling, and then the screen will just fade slightly and then in like 5-10 seconds will go back to normal, and then fade again in a couple minutes.

Not a big deal as sometimes it's hard to notice, but just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if there is anything that can be done about it.

Thanks!

SolsticeZero

Jun 2, 2010
Houston
It sounds like you have Auto Brightness turned on. In your setting, go to sound & display, click on Screen Brightness. Uncheck the "auto brightness" box.

ewells38

Nov 14, 2008
Screen fading in and out/Flickering

Hello fellow XDA'ers

I am experiencing a similar problem. My screen fades in and out and flickers.
I unchecked the Auto Brightness option. The screen did become a bit brighter. But this did not resolve the issue. The fading in and out and flickering continues.

If any of you fellow XDA'ers have experienced this and know of a solution, would you be so kind as to share your solution.

Thanks so much