Task killers needed?

Search This thread

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
I am wondering if a task killer is needed for my s4. Current try I only use greenify but u feel like with myself ope I got so many different apps it would be beneficial to.kill the ones I'm not currently try using to give more battery and speed. Does android do this by itself and therefore I do not need one or? I did try advanced task killer but when I kill the apps the come right back. Since then I have restored and did not install ATK.

Let me know your opinions
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
That's up to you. Android is pretty good at dumping old apps to free up ram. What a lot of people over look is that the android system keeps apps in memory to make them load quicker when you open them again. The only thing I really do is just clear my apps from the recent screen every once in a while.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

tech_head

I am wondering if a task killer is needed for my s4. Current try I only use greenify but u feel like with myself ope I got so many different apps it would be beneficial to.kill the ones I'm not currently try using to give more battery and speed. Does android do this by itself and therefore I do not need one or? I did try advanced task killer but when I kill the apps the come right back. Since then I have restored and did not install ATK.

Let me know your opinions
Thanks

No.

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
Is there one you recommend? Other then holding home button down and swiping away the ones I'm done with ?

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Is there one you recommend? Other then holding home button down and swiping away the ones I'm done with ?

Let Android manage things, it's a lot smarter about it than we are.

The only caveat I have in this area is an app called Greenify. I'm using it to make it easier to stop a few apps from running in the background when I'm not using them - in particular an app called "Viki" (provides access to TV/movies from Asia) that is endlessly active in the background for no good reason and keeps my phone from getting into deep sleep. So I tell the Greenify app to hibernate it when I'm not using it, and deep sleep is back and battery life is good again.

But I agree strongly that using "active" task managers that try to manage your apps for you are not necessary, and can be detrimental on Android.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Let Android manage things, it's a lot smarter about it than we are.

The only caveat I have in this area is an app called Greenify. I'm using it to make it easier to stop a few apps from running in the background when I'm not using them - in particular an app called "Viki" (provides access to TV/movies from Asia) that is endlessly active in the background for no good reason and keeps my phone from getting into deep sleep. So I tell the Greenify app to hibernate it when I'm not using it, and deep sleep is back and battery life is good again.

But I agree strongly that using "active" task managers that try to manage your apps for you are not necessary, and can be detrimental on Android.

As he stated in the OP, he already users greenify.

I agree, task killers are stupid. The only other thing I would recommend besides that is android firewall and an automation app like tasker