My vibration doesn't work in Cm!

Search This thread

patstar5

Oct 20, 2012
Well I have been using oneplus one for a few days and realized it is not vibrating at all. I thought it was defected but it vibrates on startup and when using TWRP recovery. Really don't want to factory reset. You think this is problem with cyanogen mod? If I install another rom will it fix it? Really like cyanogen though... If I don't wipe data when flashing new rom will I still have all my apps and data or will I still need to use titanium backup?
Any help in fixing this without new rom or reset? I fixed permissions already. Is there a file you can edit to adjust vibration settings? I am rooted, bootloader unlocked, and have TWRP installed.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well I have been using oneplus one for a few days and realized it is not vibrating at all. I thought it was defected but it vibrates on startup and when using TWRP recovery. Really don't want to factory reset. You think this is problem with cyanogen mod? If I install another rom will it fix it? Really like cyanogen though... If I don't wipe data when flashing new rom will I still have all my apps and data or will I still need to use titanium backup?
Any help in fixing this without new rom or reset? I fixed permissions already. Is there a file you can edit to adjust vibration settings? I am rooted, bootloader unlocked, and have TWRP installed.

First thing, always wipe data when switching ROMs, always. Not wiping data is opening the door to a world of problems. Now, when you say it isn't vibrating do you mean for phone calls, notifications, what exactly?

Transmitted via Bacon

patstar5

Oct 20, 2012
It is not vibrating at all in cyanogen mod. At all! For phone, notifications, touch, everything! It only vibrates when you turn it on or within twrp

patstar5

Oct 20, 2012
Yes I do, under settings it is, on quick settings it is, under SwiftKey it is.

patstar5

Oct 20, 2012
I'd try a factory reset. You're not running a custom kernel are you?

Transmitted via Bacon

I flashed Pacman rom and vibration works now, battery life is still so so. People claim to get 2 days, I am on 68 and have 1 1/2 hr screen on time. Better than cm but no where close to 5+ hrs people claim to be getting

Sent from my One A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

swrajjoshi

Oct 14, 2010
Sydney

I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, :silly: I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.

patstar5

Oct 20, 2012
I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, :silly: I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.

I ended up switching to Pacman rom and it worked, then I switched back to cm 11s and it still works. The vibrator is not that intense, especially compared to my HTC one m8

Sent from my Oneplus One using XDA Free mobile app.

swrajjoshi

Oct 14, 2010
Sydney
I ended up switching to Pacman rom and it worked, then I switched back to cm 11s and it still works. The vibrator is not that intense, especially compared to my HTC one m8

Sent from my Oneplus One using XDA Free mobile app.

I believe the factory reset works but I have just moved all of my apps (200+) and data to my new OPO. I am not very enthusiastic about re-doing the whole setup. Fingers crossed and hopefully Cyanogen team will fix it very soon. If you like it fixed too, please register with jira.cyanogen and vote for this issue. It might get more attention. :fingers-crossed:

Daedulus Minion

Jul 15, 2013
Mumbai
I believe the factory reset works but I have just moved all of my apps (200+) and data to my new OPO. I am not very enthusiastic about re-doing the whole setup. Fingers crossed and hopefully Cyanogen team will fix it very soon. If you like it fixed too, please register with jira.cyanogen and vote for this issue. It might get more attention. :fingers-crossed:
I had the same issue. It was just the quiet hours misbehaving. It was showing me enabled in my quick tiles and disabled in the settings and the tile wasn't responding to the clicks.
Here is how I solved it:
1) Reset the tiles and readded quiet hours thinking that it would respond but it didn't (so not a necessary step but no harm in trying).
2) Went in the quiet hours settings and clicked on enforce quiet hours.
3) Now tried clicking on the notification toggle and it responded and turned off but the "enforce quiet hours" in settings hadn't.
4) Unticked it in settings too and my vibration is back.

Loving this so much. For people who got same issue even after factory reset, you may be doing the same mistake again.

Hope this helps.

swrajjoshi

Oct 14, 2010
Sydney
I had the same issue. It was just the quiet hours misbehaving. It was showing me enabled in my quick tiles and disabled in the settings and the tile wasn't responding to the clicks.
Here is how I solved it:
1) Reset the tiles and readded quiet hours thinking that it would respond but it didn't (so not a necessary step but no harm in trying).
3) Now tried clicking on the notification toggle and it responded and turned off but the "enforce quiet hours" in settings hadn't.

Loving this so much. For people who got same issue even after factory reset, you may be doing the same mistake again.

Hope this helps.

You my friend made my day! I tried your steps and vibration is back. I can't tell you how happy this small config makes me :D No more missed calls and text messages in office :thumbup:

-Swraj

old_art

Mar 23, 2013
Malaysia
Ok...so im planning to buy used oneplus one...

someone sold it for cheap since the vibration is not working..

how can i know the hardware is still working?, just need to reconfigure the setting?

turn off the phone and power it up? will the phone vibrate? is the wat to check the vibrator is still working?

please reply ASAP

swrajjoshi

Oct 14, 2010
Sydney
Ok...so im planning to buy used oneplus one...

someone sold it for cheap since the vibration is not working..

how can i know the hardware is still working?, just need to reconfigure the setting?

turn off the phone and power it up? will the phone vibrate? is the wat to check the vibrator is still working?

please reply ASAP

If the phone vibrates on reboot, changing this setting will bring back the vibration.

Good luck!

-Swraj

partisano

Feb 15, 2010
A Coruña
Solved!

Here is how I solved it:

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much!! It has solved the issue for me!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

P.S.: I had to reboot after those steps.

Last edited:

adeeb458

Dec 25, 2012
vibration is back

Here is how I solved it:

Hope this helps.

DUDE !! I absolutely f*****g love you!!!!!!!

Had enabled quiet hours from notification panel by mistake and then no more vibration. After a half a day of research and deciding whether to reflash 33R found this thread on OPO forums. Followed all your steps and it worked like a charm.

You are a life saver. Thank you so much!!!!

frankbab@gmail.com

May 26, 2013
Ernakulam
Thanks

Here is how I solved it:

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. Worked for me:)

aamaro

Nov 29, 2010
jersey city
www.ansesamaro.com
Thank you so much.

Here is how I solved it:

Hope this helps.

You deserve a special spot in heaven

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is how I solved it:

Hope this helps.
    I'd try a factory reset. You're not running a custom kernel are you?

Transmitted via Bacon