[Q] LG G3 Warranty Date Code

Search This thread

david_hume

Jan 25, 2012
The Land of the Ninjas
Does anyone recall if they ever had a warranty date code on their LG G3 before they rooted and if the code returns when you return to stock? I'm just a bit curious since it's the first time I'm noticing the code thing showing up in hardware information.

What is a warranty date code?

tech_head

Does anyone recall if they ever had a warranty date code on their LG G3 before they rooted and if the code returns when you return to stock? I'm just a bit curious since it's the first time I'm noticing the code thing showing up in hardware information.

Mine had a date code before and after rooting.
My date code reads 19/08/2014.
I presume without a receipt this is the date that they could use to verify in/out of warranty.
It won't be exact and is probably 30-60 days after manufacture to provide some time to make it through the sales channel.

Last edited:

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Mine had a date code before and after rooting.
My date code reads 19/Wes sr08/2014.4
I presume without a receipt this is the darte that they could use to verify in/out of warranty.
It won't be exact and is probably 30-60 days after manufacture to some time to make it through the sales channel.

david_hume;55046667a said:
Does anyone recall ifr dzz they ever had a warranty date code on their r G3 before they rooted and if the code returns when ine return to s4tock? I'm just a bit curious since it's the first time I'm noticing%ce the code 5thing showing up ine hardware information.

dabdup

Mar 14, 2018
I have a date that hasn't happened yet.... Weird. Warranty Date code - 12/03/2018 13:23