[Q] How to replace build.prop

Search This thread

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
Hi everybody,

Recently I have bought an I-mobile IQ 9.2A in Thailand. Based on the MTK6589, I rooted it. But yesterday, I modified some values in the build.prop file:

ro.product.model=Galaxy S4
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

I rebooted my phone and now it can't start anymore. Could you please help me? I can access recovery mode (NOT CWM) and 'factory mode' that allows me to do some test. Also, I have the original build.prop file i saved before.

I can't access so I can't access USB-debugging OPTION.
I can't install ADB...

Any option?

Last edited:

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
Hi everybody,

Recently I have bought an I-mobile IQ 9.2A in Thailand. Based on the MTK6589, I rooted it. But yesterday, I modified some values in the build.prop file:

ro.product.model=Galaxy S4
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

I rebooted my phone and now it can't start anymore. Could you please help me? I can access recovery mode and 'factory mode' that allows me to do some test. Also, I have the original build.prop file i saved before.
First Connect your phone to pc.....

Put it in recovery mode....

You need all adb and android device drivers installed....

Download Android Commander....

Select your phone model and now you can access root folders on your pc...

Do the rest of task....

Press thnx if it works....

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
First Connect your phone to pc.....

Put it in recovery mode....

You need all adb and android device drivers installed....

Download Android Commander....

Select your phone model and now you can access root folders on your pc...

Do the rest of task....

Press thnx if it works....

I try to install adb but i can't..

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
I only have in recovery:
reboot system now
apply udpate from ADB
apply udpate from sdcard
apply udpate from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
use mtk droid tools to install cwm on phone .....

I try this method but the problem is about adb... I can't install them and so I can't use this software... I tried 20 times to install theses drivers but it's not working and i followed step by step all the guides.

Can I install the drivers without being able to boot my phone to android menu?

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
I try this method but the problem is about adb... I can't install them and so I can't use this software... I tried 20 times to install theses drivers but it's not working and i followed step by step all the guides.

Can I install the drivers without being able to boot my phone to android menu?
You don't need to install it in phone you need to install it in your pc....

Go to this link
Code:
http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

Install it in your pc as you do other apps....

now you can connect your phone with pc but make sure your phone is connected to pc with genuine usb cable and the phone is in recovery mode....

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
You don't need to install it in phone you need to install it in your pc....

Go to this link
Code:
http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

Install it in your pc as you do other apps....

now you can connect your phone with pc but make sure your phone is connected to pc with genuine usb cable and the phone is in recovery mode....

Please...

I can't install ADB
In all tutorials they ask me to enable USB-debugging before installing ADB.. But I CAN T access to the phone to enable USB-debugging... SO how to install ADB

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
Please...

I can't install ADB
In all tutorials they ask me to enable USB-debugging before installing ADB.. But I CAN T access to the phone to enable USB-debugging... SO how to install ADB
don't listen to anyone just download the software from the link i gave you and install it on your pc .... if you can't do this just download mtk usb driver and install it in your pc then connect your phone to pc in recovery mode as in this mode usb debugging is already on as default... then you would be able to see your device in mtkdt.... if you can't do this aol just give your phone for repairing....

this is the last solution i have and dont ask me about another tutorials....

i just give solutions or i just close the thread..

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
don't listen to anyone just download the software from the link i gave you and install it on your pc .... if you can't do this just download mtk usb driver and install it in your pc then connect your phone to pc in recovery mode as in this mode usb debugging is already on as default... then you would be able to see your device in mtkdt.... if you can't do this aol just give your phone for repairing....

this is the last solution i have and dont ask me about another tutorials....

i just give solutions or i just close the thread..

The program say 'device not found'

Myself-

Jan 10, 2009
I managed to flash my phone with the original firmware from the recovery option.

You can delete this post