Battery Life TERRIBLY sucks

Search This thread

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
A lot of these problems can be solved in settings, turning off all animations, turn brightness down, turn off gps/blue tooth when not in use, screen timeout set to 15 seconds etc. If your rooted you should be seeing just as good battery life with apps like greenify, fauxclock, trickstermod, titanium backup, with the right setup and a little bit of time (good custom rom & kernel helps too) anyone should be able to achieve results like below..

dahu9eza.jpg
meteqa8e.jpg

This was achieved on Tweaked rom by Dwitherel and using Jovys Compulsion V12 kernel, stock 3200 mah battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "... All of this in under one day..." Give it a few cycles over the next few days. It'll change. I've been using HyperDrive with ColonelX with the conservative governor tweaked for performance. Can't really say much about the battery life since I have the 10000mAh battery.

Sent from my HyperDrive SM-N900A/T
    Dude, if it's all under one day. You need to let a ROM and kernel set In. You can't drive a car without wheels. Just give it 2 or 3 days it will begin to get better. That's what I think too but I give it some days to stabilised if you will . Then my battery goes from normal to good to great. It won't right away start getting great battery life. Unless you have a kernel your phone don't like and flash another it does like battery life improvements where almost instant at least in my case. Like now I'm getting Ok battery life. It's not the best. But it holds. I might switch kernels tonight to spice things up.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Maybe you have the dreadful chip with "1". Mines a "3" so it's OK

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    There is an app that can report this value. The premise is that certain cpu's have different values which indicate how the cpu will perform. The problem is, the same cpu can over time end up reporting different values which pretty much means it is not really a set hardware value and most likely means nothing.

You can find the large thread about it if you look, but it was pretty much debunked as a really value at the time.
    first download the new rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2709867

put it on a sd card
    make sure you have a custom recovery

1 go to setting back up and recovery do a reset from there

2 let the reset be done then restart the phone and go to recovery

from recovery do a full wipe factory restet

3 install the zip from the sd card

4 pick the apps you want with aroma installer and install compulsion kernel

4 finish installation and boot up

set up the phone and enjoy it bro.....