bootanimation.zip from "L" developer image preview

Search This thread

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Exactly the same thing here. Running purity and elemental x 1.0.

Posted from my nexus 5 using the XDA premium 4 app that force closes every two minutes.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Found the reason. The desc.txt is set to 625 380. Don't know how to change it though. When I try, it doesn't work.

Posted from my nexus 5 using the XDA premium 4 app that force closes every two minutes.

It's 625 380 in desc.txt because the bootanimation images are 625x380, not 1080x1920. If you change it to 1080 1920 in desc.txt it'll stretch it across the whole screen.

See here:
9NkoK.png

It seems to have worked fine for everyone else, including me.

Last edited:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
@jawz101 @rhamej

No one else seems to have the issue, try the attached bootanimation.zip, it's the exact same thing except in .jpg format

And @rhamej it doesn't work when you change desc.txt it because you have to store it as a non-compressed .zip rather than a compressed one.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

jawz101

Looks like it's Purity ROM causing me problems. Tried a fresh install of the ROM and tried both the png and jpg versions and both had the slanted resolution issue.
A fresh install of cyanogenmod and the png one works properly.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

I'm not going to worry about it. I may stay on cm for a while. I do appreciate what you've done!

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Looks like it's Purity ROM causing me problems. Tried a fresh install of the ROM and tried both the png and jpg versions and both had the slanted resolution issue.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

I'm not going to worry about it. I may stay on cm for a while. I do appreciate what you've done!

I honestly don't know why it would display differently. I never heard of such an issue. Oh well I guess.

jumpers

Nov 11, 2010
Charleroi
seems great, but, i have a problem, reported on all the same treads by a lot of users, i only have the colors dots, but, not the android logo.
i think that my rom or kernel dont support more than a certain "part x" number.

anyone any idea ? running CM11 on my GS4 with Ktoonsez kernel.

edit : same on my S3 with Agni Kernel running CM11.

edit : edit before shaming me : bootanimations aren't device specific, only in resolutions, i know that my devices aren't a Nexus5. :D

Last edited:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
seems great, but, i have a problem, reported on all the same treads by a lot of users, i only have the colors dots, but, not the android logo.
i think that my rom or kernel dont support more than a certain "part x" number.

anyone any idea ? running CM11 on my GS4 with Ktoonsez kernel.

edit : same on my S3 with Agni Kernel running CM11.

edit : edit before shaming me : bootanimations aren't device specific, only in resolutions, i know that my devices aren't a Nexus5. :D
How long do your devices take to boot? What android version? Boot time should be irrelevant because it uses "c" rather than "p" in desc.txt so it waits for your device to boot and prevents boot from interrupting the animation.

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
I would love a white/black/grey version! id make it if i knew how!

On a PC, unzip the bootanimation. Use a photo editor of your choice, Photoshop, GIMP, or even MS Paint. Edit the color of the circles of all the images how you'd like. Then use a program like 7zip to compress it back into a .zip file. Make sure when you're compressing it, you set the compression level from "Normal" to "Store" or the bootanimation won't work. It's actually pretty simple, just time consuming is all. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fergdizzle9090

fergdizzle9090

Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
On a PC, unzip the bootanimation. Use a photo editor of your choice, Photoshop, GIMP, or even MS Paint. Edit the color the circles of all the images how you'd like. Then use a program like 7zip to compress it back into a .zip file. Make sure when you're compressing it, you set the compression level from "Normal" to "Store" or the bootanimation won't work. It's actually pretty simple, just time consuming is all. :)

never knew it was that simple! thanks a ton! gunna find my fav boot and try it out! now i just need to figure out how to make my own icon set/theme and ill be golden

rhamej

Aug 4, 2010

Found one that works on Purity. Replace the one in system/media and change permissions.

Attachments

• AndroidL_Bootanimation.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 102

Top Liked Posts