[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (SGS2) - Clean, Simple & Fast (57MB)

Search This thread

thawizard

Oct 27, 2008
vibration intensity can't be changed with slim ics, right?
i know i can use siyah and extweaks app to change the intensity, but i'd like to know if it's possible with original slim via settings?

oh and tv-out/mhl is not working on s2, i think it should be mentioned in 'not working' list.

fzc

Jan 27, 2012
Middle Earth
stock modem of slimics worked just fine, and you could test other modems if you like..
slimics stock kernel is great already, but if you want siyah and doesnt need dualbooting, try siyah v3.0.1
if you want dualbooting, use latest version :)
siyah supports mtp, hell it also support ntfs usb stick :D
for modem you've got to test yourself which work best with your region and operator, i've tested KI4, dxlp7, and now i'm sticking with KG5 :)

thanx.. i have tried flashing siyah v 3.1 rc5 and my home button and back button wouldnt work. on siyah's xda thread i see other version that is siyah v 3.1 rc2. should i flash this or the v 3.0.1 and where can i find this.. sorry im a noob

anonomike

Dec 8, 2010
oh and tv-out/mhl is not working on s2, i think it should be mentioned in 'not working' list.
I believe it's been discussed but you are right, it's not in the original posts or on the website.

dlna apps could get you part way there, but if you don't have a TV that supports it or a PS3 then MHL becomes a little more important.

fzc

Jan 27, 2012
Middle Earth
Maybe you have to change the modem. Try the LPS modem, it works fine for me (you can find it in this page : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419102)
And I have siyah and MTP works fine.

EDIT : Be sure to follow the CM9 installation step if you come from GB : http://www.slimroms.com/installation.htm (I have not tried myself because I directly come from CM9)

thanx. just read it all on slim's webpage. gonna download n flash cm9 first so i can go bugs free. love this rom and ASS tweaks :D

Twiq

thanx.. i have tried flashing siyah v 3.1 rc5 and my home button and back button wouldnt work. on siyah's xda thread i see other version that is siyah v 3.1 rc2. should i flash this or the v 3.0.1 and where can i find this.. sorry im a noob

thats weird, i've never heard of not functioning buttons before :D
for siyah thread go here and for all available siyah downloads go to gokhanmoral's website

as i said earlier, if you want the dualboot feature then you need to flash latest version of siyah, but if you don't need dualboot then you could install v3.0.1 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fzc

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Great ROM but Scrolling is very LAGGY, worse than Sammy ICS ROMS.
I tried to disable/ force disable Scrolling Cache but it always return to default enabled.
Is it a known bug with this Slim ICS or just me? Any help/advise will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Twiq

Great ROM but Scrolling is very LAGGY, worse than Sammy ICS ROMS.
I tried to disable/ force disable Scrolling Cache but it always return to default enabled.
Is it a known bug with this Slim ICS or just me? Any help/advise will be much appreciated.
Thanks

nope, its not working for me either, i have posted this issue with logs a couple of pages back, and i think krarvind has seen it..

and i think that issue only happen on freshly full wiped installed 3.3, others who upgraded from 3.2 doesnt have that issue..

edit: oh right, but i dont get that scrolling lags on my phone

fzc

Jan 27, 2012
Middle Earth
flashed cm9 then base 3.3 n then essentials.. modem xxlps.. kernel siyah 3.1.. everythings workin fine n smooth.. gotta let it settle down to check battery for a couple of days.. thanx kravind.. let the updates rolling.. congratulations.. btw is there anyway to install custom fonts.?? or any good themes compatible with this rom ??

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
nope, its not working for me either, i have posted this issue with logs a couple of pages back, and i think krarvind has seen it..

and i think that issue only happen on freshly full wiped installed 3.3, others who upgraded from 3.2 doesnt have that issue..

The scrolling cache issue is actually in most if not all AOSP and AOKP ROM's. I saw a fix posted by someone in one of the other threads so if I come past it again I'll grab it and try then pass it on to krarvind unless he fixes it before I get there ;)

And definitely no issue with scrolling lag on my phone as standard.

Also I know I should've quoted the original post sorry can't be bothered changing it now lol

Pepski

Sep 6, 2011
Southampton

The issue with the settings is evident on my phone too, and I didn't do a full wipe (data) before the install either. Just standard cache/system/dalvik. Can't say I've noticed any scrolling lag, mind you. :)

Had a massive issue this morning, but was down to me I think. Was scrolling through the Play Store's 'My Apps' and noticed that Superuser wasn't installed. Downloaded and installed it, at which point my phone rebooted. It would then load everything up, give me some 'root access' error messages and reboot again.

Needless to say I restored an old backup of 3.2, re-flashed 3.3 and it's been golden since. :D

tasty_boy

Account currently disabled
Dec 26, 2009
GB
someone could manage to install another language in this rom?
some patch or mod to make it??
it's a shame that this rom doens't support more languages!

JayJ-1974

Jul 31, 2010
Suffolk
I've downloaded the 3.4 base twice now via the OTA app and tried downloading essentials but on all three downloads I get MD5 check failed??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2©

kontinuity

Dec 3, 2005
I'm on 3.4 and during the call I don't get noise suppression. How do I enable it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Twiq

I've downloaded the 3.4 base twice now via the OTA app and tried downloading essentials but on all three downloads I get MD5 check failed?

you can ignore the md5 check fail, last night i tried downloading and get the error, however the archives are fine and it's flashable, but to be sure, try to open it in a pc with an archiver program and test it for errors..

i always have nandroid backup before i flash, so i flashed them anyway and it worked fine :)

Reactions: JayJ-1974

JayJ-1974

Jul 31, 2010
Suffolk
you can ignore the md5 check fail, last night i tried downloading and get the error, however the archives are fine and it's flashable, but to be sure, try to open it in a pc with an archiver program and test it for errors..

i always have nandroid backup before i flash, so i flashed them anyway and it worked fine :)

Thanks Twiq, that's what I thought. I'm at work so no access to PC for 11hrs buy have done a nandroid so well flash now.

Thanks again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100©

duongla

Jun 18, 2009
Hanoi
Backup and restore to/from google account

Just see that backup and restore to/from google account does not work. In settings->Backup & reset -> Backup account menu is gray (it says "Backing up to debug-only private cache ") and not configurable.
This is the same for both 3.3 and 3.4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 57MB
    • Slim Common - 20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    Themes and Mods:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663359

Thanks to
    O_tiger
    _Garry_
    cyberboob
    AvRs and whoever else i missed

SGS2 Slim Features:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26229895&postcount=2487

Big Thanks to AvRs
    Latest Slim Features guide

Hi all, here's a little guide to all the latest new features in Slim ICS for the S2.

System Settings:

When you open System Settings you will notice the options under quick links, these give you access to further customise/control your experience. You have ASS, Device Settings (aka Galaxy S II Settings) and Themes which are explained below in further detail.

Settings.png

Device Settings/Galaxy S II Settings:

On top of your normal Radio, Screen and Sensors tabs you now have a new tab, "Backlights" which is now where you can go to control how your menu and back key backlights work including BLN.

Backlight settings:

Backlight Timeout – This allows you to choose between multiple preset times, always on and always off for when you press either back or menu (see screenshot above).

BLN Light – This just controls whether BLN notifications are on or off.

BLN Timeout – This is the time that the BLN notification will continue to notify you before timing out, again giving a set number of presets for you to choose from (see screenshot above).

BLN Breathe – This is one of 3 combinations of BLN pattern. When selected the breathe effect mimics a pulsing/breathing pattern.

BLN Blink – This is the standard blink BLN pattern with the backlights repeatedly turning on and off.

BLN Fade – This refers to the backlights and how they turn off after the preset backlight timeout period. If ticked, once your backlight timeout period has passed the lights will fade down as opposed to just turning off in the normal way.

BLN Battery Limit - Set a value that BLN will no longer notify you below (default is 20%).

BLN Enabled Charging - Set whether to automatically enable BLN while charging.

NOTE: If BLN Breathe and BLN Blink are unchecked then you will get the lights on fixed with no pattern. You need to make sure only one of the 2 patterns are selected as otherwise you will get one or the other but I’ve not done enough tests to see which takes priority over the other.

Backlights5.png

Themes:

This is the CM9 theme engine that allows you to set a chosen theme that you have downloaded as in CM9. This is an unsupported feature and only included due to popular demand but has been tested with a couple of select themes so does in fact work. Still please use with precaution as not all themes may be compatible with Slim and we can't guarantee 100% usability.

Themessmall.png

Camera:

When you now bring up the camera settings you will see a storage option, this allows you to choose whether you use ‘Internal’, ‘SD Card’ or ‘USB Storage’ to save your pictures. The same option is available when you change to video camera and choose settings. You also now have 'Timer mode' which allows you to set a preset time before the picture is taken.

Camerasmall.png

Desk Clock:

For those (like me ;)) that use the stock desk clock app for your alarms, if you go into alarms and choose settings you will see a new option called ‘Flip action’ as per the 1st of the 2 screenshots below. When selected this gives you the option to turn/flip your phone onto its screen in order to either snooze or dismiss the alarm in progress (see 2nd screenshot below to see options).

Alarmsmall.png

Kernel:

Slim ICS is now using myfluxi’s Fluxi XX Kernel ICS sources, so is a kernel compiled from the latest sources at the time of ROM build with krarvind's modified touch recovery, not myflux's recovery.

As of xxTweaker beta 5 or 6 myfluxi has made it possible for xxTweaker to now be compatible with kernels built from his sources (such as the stock Slim ICS kernel). Always check to see if the location "/customkernel" exists with an explorer and if it does that the file "fluxi_compatible" exists within it. If it doesn't include these then create the folder "customkernel" in root and an empty file called "fluxi_compatible" and xxTweaker will then work.

Alternatively if you wish to use myfluxi's own kernel you can get it from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1644648.

Remember backlight settings are already available within device settings and performance CPU settings can be controlled by ASS – Performance so the choice is yours. For the backlight settings, the app which you set the options in last is the one that takes priority and will be the settings used.

Also we still seem to be having issues with backlight/BLN settings sticking on reboot so you will have to reset them if you reboot. To overcome this you can add my init.d script to /system/etc/init.d and set permissions to rwxr-xr-x (755). Once added you can then open it up using text editor (most file explorers should allow this) and modify the settings as you wish as it's set with what I use currently.

Both MTP and UMS work both in the ROM and recovery for /sdcard and /emmc.

Apollo Music:

Apollo is now the default music player compiled from source. You can read all about it here.

It's really easy to navigate, use and adds the convenience of lockscreen controls which the previous included music player didn't have. When you start playing music you'll realise a notification icon in the status bar and when you exit the player it remains until you press the "X" beside the notification controls for easy resume as shown below. It's still in early release so I'm sure will only improve.

Apollo.png

Quiet Hours:

This is accessed via Settings -> Sound -> Quiet hours

This setting allows you to set a time period that your phone will mute selected sounds. The options available currently are "Mute notification sounds", "Mute phone ringtones" and "Disable vibrations" as can be seen in the screen shots below:

QuietMode.png

Slim Gapps:

Now the ROM is even "slimmer" ;) all you need to do is install this zip along with base and essentials and you'll have all the main Gapps that were previously available. Included apps are as follows:

ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    Gallery.apk
    Gmail.apk
    GoogleBackupTransport.apk
    GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    GoogleLoginService.apk
    GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    PicasaSyncAdapter.apk
    Talk.apk
    Vending.apk
    Email.apk
    Exchange.apk

MMS.apk:

The restriction of 4 SMS's in a single message before automatically being converted to an MMS message has now been removed and raised to the maximum 15 message limit available in the AOSP MMS app. This saves you from being charged for an MMS when you've just got a lot to say ;)

Clock settings:

Accessed via Settings -> ASS -> Clock - this allows you to customise your status bar clock with a selection of options as below:

Clock Style: This allows you to choose the position of your status bar clock, between right or centre aligned or remove it altogether.

AM/PM Style: Select between 2 different sizes of AM/PM or don't show.

Day of the week: Select between 2 different sizes of abbreviated day e.g. Thu.

Clock colour: Using the colour selector you can further customise your clock.

Enable alarm icon: Allows you to show or hide the alarm icon from the status bar.

Clocksettings.png

Statusbar notification count:

Accessed via ASS -> Statusbar subcategory -> General as shown above in first screenshot of clock settings. You then need to scroll right to the last option and tick "Show notification count". When you have 2 or more notifications you will get a blue circle with the count at the corner of the notification icon.

SBNotif.png

Current work in progress and important notes for next version can be found at:

http://www.slimroms.com/apps/blog/
    Fellas, thanks for the appreciation and support. Slim Bean is what is called and have been out for some devices as 1.0 and 2.0 is ready for most devices but i wanted to see if i can get s2/s3 to get to the same state. S2 is giving me some hard time and AvRs some heart ache's. He had to Odin twice to recover his phone. My test S2 phone needs fixing. Will continue to work on it and with AvRs, we will get it working. When, i can't answer that. I was hoping for 2.0 but might have to wait. Let's see. Cheers
    We got slim bean fellas. Coming soon. I had to use modifications in system/vold, recompile.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2