[Q] Bricked One X - Help.

Search This thread

olig1905

Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
Ok, so I was fed up of waiting for T-Mobile to deliver the 1.28 update. Decided to unlock the bootloader and flash a new rom that is based off of 1.28.

SO:
1) I unlocked bootloader
2)flashed CM 5.8.31
3)nandroid backup
4)this is where it went wrong. tried to use insertCoin it said you need to manually flash boot. img so i fastboot flash boot boot.img
5)then i booted into recovery and tried to install the rom, it failed ( i dont think it finished copying oops) do i try to restore from nandroid.
6) just gets stuck on htc quietly brilliant.

Help Please ( ANy Advice would be brilliant..)

im worried my phone is gonna run out of battery aswell

incident

Dec 29, 2007
First, you can charge your device in the HTC brilliant screen.
Second, unlock your phone and put 1.26 recovry and then run the original RUU..

Reactions: olig1905

olig1905

Apr 27, 2012
Bristol

Thanks i just noticed it was charging at the brilliant screen.

Also how?

i have just downloaded to original TMO_UK RUU and was just going to flash the boot.img

EDIT: Downloading (is taking forever)

Last edited:

jfrock25

Jan 4, 2011
Hi -

Im in the exact same situation as you right now.

I am attempting to follow this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599748

It has the directions.

After you download the RUU you need to click on it and wait a minute till its running.

After this (and this is where I am stuck) you need to go to start menu and search

%temp% and some folders should show up. Somewhere in this folder is supposed to be a file called Rom.zip

I cant seem to find a rom.zip though. If you do please let me know where???

Thanks and I hope this helps. Scary 650 dollar phone and I cant get it to boot back up. I only blame myself... But apparently this can be fixed.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

OP -

I dont want it to seem like Im hijacking your thread but I figured I would post in here since we both have the same problems. Hoping we can work through this together.

2 major issues as of now -

1) I could not find the rom.zip file.
2) My phone is now dead and I cant get it back to the HTC brilliant screen. It always boots into fastboot mode.

How can I get my phone to boot into HTC screen to charge it? Has anyone had this issue.

Any help would be soo apreciated...

olig1905

Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
Hope you have luck, my biggest issue is that i dont run windows, im going to have to stick the ruu on a usb stick when it finally finishes downloading. and take it to my girlfriends laptop to fix long

olig1905

Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
Also i wouldnt worry about it booting straight to fastboot.. that happened to me when i relocked to bootloader with:

fastboot oem lock

just fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (or whatever the file is)

and it should just hang at htc again..

jfrock25

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks -

and yes I did relock.

I just unlocked again but it still boots into fastboot. Although I now have clockwork recovery.

I ran the nandroid backup again that I had made. This time when I powered down the phone actually stays off.

If the phone is completely off with the red light on does this mean that its charging again? or does it have to be on the HTC screen? Im scared to touch it again as Im hoping its charging.

Also - does anyone know if the software prompt that pops up when you run the RUU file do the same thing as running the command lines? I ran it earlier to confirm that my battery was indeed under 30 percent.

I just cant find the rom.zip file for some bizzare reason.

Last edited:

olig1905

Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
.... i left mine in fastboot accidently whilst i was waiting for RUU now it is not turning on at all.. what do i do

EDIT: situation has changed plugged it into power rather than pc and it is back on

also jfrock.. how long did the rru take you to download! im anxious to get this working again

Last edited:

jfrock25

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks Buddy! Downloading now.

I took a break to clean my apartment to get my mind off things.

Im back now will let you know how things go.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

The Rom took a long time. It said it was going to be hours so I let it run last night and went to bed. Im not sure how long it was though as I was sleeping.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

so it said that I didnt have enough charge to run it. I ran the restore stock recovery to get it to charge whille off. Now I can turn the phone off even on USB and it stays off with red light on so I think its charging again. I could be wrong. I guess that I will just have to wait a few hours and find out.

jfrock25

Jan 4, 2011
Editing this to say battery is now charging. I tried to let it charge before while in Clockwork Recovery. Fell asleep watching tv. When I woke upit was dead again. Ran battery check with the link you provided it was at 2 percent.

I turned it off again and plugged it into the wall. Let it charge for 30min and then ran battery check. Its now at 19percent!!!! I have never been so excited to see a battery charge.

One step at a time I guess. Its going to be a few hours or more to get this back up enough to do anything with it.

I will report back later.

dam! its dead again. Walked over light was off checked battery and its back to 0. Starting to think Im never going to get my phone working again.

Last edited:

jfrock25

Jan 4, 2011
Back up to 13 percent. I think whats happening is every once in a while the Red Light goes off for some reason while charging and then drains the battery.

Im checking on it every 15min or so by booting into fastboot. Run battery check in CWM then reboot into fastboot. Shutdown and plug back in wall.

Why on earth it wants to discharge the battery after charging for a little while is beyond me.

jfrock25

Jan 4, 2011
It worked!!!!!

It was saying battery to low to flash the 1.28 boot.img.

So I ran the 1.26 and that worked. Then I powered off and entered fastboot again then ran the 1.28.

Success!!! Phone is now fully booted and charging.

Now, do I dare try to continue to flash a new Rom in the morning when Im at 100percent.

Thanks you so much to pointing me in the right direction Its beyoned appreciated.

J

mevorach

Apr 28, 2012
Jerusalem
Hi
I have the same problem as you have , but i cannot unlock it back agin it has not enough battery to do so ,
So now it turn to bootloader "relocked" and cannot flash anything because battery is not enough ,
Is there any way to charge it ??? PLZ HELP :(

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
If your battery is too flat to flash a new recovery via fastboot, and you're stuck with the old reovery what doesn't charge when the power is off or in bootloader/recovery, you're in a bit of a pickle.

The battery should still charge for the few seconds between when you power on and when it enters the bootloader, so you will just need to keep rebooting it over and over while plugged in until your battery is back up to over 30%.

A few people ahve reported this method to work. Personally, I haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot.

mevorach

Apr 28, 2012
Jerusalem
I have put a rubber band on the power button and pluged it to the charger for
3 hours , it turn on and off constantly but of course it stiil empty , do not think it will work
even if i will live it like this for 48 houers , but i will try , dose someone try this ?

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
you need to do it quickly and manually. Holding down the button doesn't tuen it off for 10 seconds each time and that uses more power than what it's getting in the few seconds of charge each cycle.

If it wasn't working, it would be completely flat by now.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I wonder has anyone tried charging via the dock pins in this state?

mevorach

Apr 28, 2012
Jerusalem
I understand you , it have stay on bootloader for 3 second until it turn off and on the briliant screen for 3 second also , now i have put another rubber band on the + volume ,so it stay on the briliant screen for 3 second and turn off after 0.5 second on the boot screen , I hope ...:confused::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.