Service menu.....

Search This thread

canecbr600

Oct 27, 2008
Open dialer, and type 3845#*800# I always turn off thermal throttling that dims ur display when phone gets over 100 degrees. Do this by going to High temperature property off, and thermal deamon mitigation off, and enable them both...

Verizon folks will need to insert there model between the * and #

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston
My HTC One would sometimes go up to 110 degrees so throttling at 100 degrees seems kinda silly to me. Can we increase the number or do we just turn it off?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

canecbr600

Oct 27, 2008
I don't know if that's the exact temp, but that's when I noticed it happening.... not sure if the temp can be raised or not to be honest...

pathomas01

Sep 19, 2013
Ok am I just doing something wrong when I try and enter the service menu, I type in 3845#*980# and nothing happens? I have the verizon version as well.

bova80

Sep 12, 2013
seems like mine already had it turned off. I also noticed VoLTE is disabled, is this voice over LTE? should it be?

pathomas01

Sep 19, 2013
That's what I did type in and I get nothing as well (either 980 or 800), I want access to the service menu do I can turn off my 4G when I'm places it doesn't come in as well and save myself a little battery.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sprenf

EtherealRemnant

Can someone help me? A friend of mine bought the G2 and he can't figure out how to go GSM/WCDMA... the only options are WCDMA-ONLY and LTE-ONLY. If he selects WCDMA-ONLY is there a sub-menu or what? Because WCDMA-ONLY generally would mean that when UMTS/HSPA aren't available, you have no signal. He is just tired of the battery drain when he's at work because of at&t's fringe LTE signal there. I don't want to guide him on how to change things when he's in Louisiana and I'm here and don't have that phone. I know with older Samsungs you could use a RAT selection menu to force GSM or WCDMA or both... Hoping that's the case here as well.

Thanks!

Reactions: Fuse8499

android404

Jan 19, 2013
Can someone help me? A friend of mine bought the G2 and he can't figure out how to go GSM/WCDMA... the only options are WCDMA-ONLY and LTE-ONLY. If he selects WCDMA-ONLY is there a sub-menu or what? Because WCDMA-ONLY generally would mean that when UMTS/HSPA aren't available, you have no signal. He is just tired of the battery drain when he's at work because of at&t's fringe LTE signal there. I don't want to guide him on how to change things when he's in Louisiana and I'm here and don't have that phone. I know with older Samsungs you could use a RAT selection menu to force GSM or WCDMA or both... Hoping that's the case here as well.

Thanks!

He can try elixir2 from Google play. Open it, go to information > device > telephony > turn 4g on > select preferred network type. Here he can choose every possible combination of "or" or "only" 2g 3g 4g. Not all of the settings stick all the time but it might be worth a try.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

abhinavsg

Jul 5, 2008
Durgapur
Open dialer, and type 3845#*800# I always turn off thermal throttling that dims ur display when phone gets over 100 degrees. Do this by going to High temperature property off, and thermal deamon mitigation off, and enable them both...

Using the Service Menu, how does one check the external speakers of the phone?

I am asking this coz, there are 2 speaker grills, one on each side of the micro usb port at the bottom. Out of these only the Right one is working. The Left one anit. I am assuming here that the phone has 2 Speakers & not just 1 speaker & the other grill being a show piece.

I am using the D802 version.

canecbr600

Oct 27, 2008
Using the Service Menu, how does one check the external speakers of the phone?

I am asking this coz, there are 2 speaker grills, one on each side of the micro usb port at the bottom. Out of these only the Right one is working. The Left one anit. I am assuming here that the phone has 2 Speakers & not just 1 speaker & the other grill being a show piece.

I am using the D802 version.
There's only 1 speaker, the other grill houses the mic....

Reactions: abhinavsg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried with 980 instead of 800. doesn't work..

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4
    3845#*801# for T-Mobile. The code is 3845#*xxx# where xxx is the model number, i.e. 801 for T-Mobile since it is the LG D801.
    To access Verizon's G2 menu use ##PROGRAM980 and enter code 000000

H/T to FAUguy on HowardForums for finding it.

The code is whong, and ppl will fail and ask you again and again. Should type the right code in the first place
    It is 3845#*800#