[Bug Report]Camera crashes

Search This thread

Pavononer23

Feb 7, 2014
Madrid
When I change to videocamera option, the app closes and after that every time I try to open it, it gets crashed all the time. After rebooting it works, but after changing to videocamera again this happens another time. This happens after release from 12th February.
I'm using a Xperia Z running 4.4.2.
Continue all the work you are doing, it's fantastic!

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
When I change to videocamera option, the app closes and after that every time I try to open it, it gets crashed all the time. After rebooting it works, but after changing to videocamera again this happens another time. This happens after release from 12th February.
I'm using a Xperia Z running 4.4.2.
Continue all the work you are doing, it's fantastic!

Known issue being worked on

As a temporary workaround, third party camera apps seem to work fine.

shashank238

Feb 19, 2014
camera zoom not working

Hello, everyone
Im new to xda..just registered today...could anyone tell me how to fix video camera zoom problem on my n7000 running omni 4.2.2....the zoom does not work on video camera and is problematic on the still camera as well....i also tried a clean install but doesnt seem to work..is it a common problem for all n7000 users or its just with me??
Please help me out with your useful replies
Running latest official omni 4.2.2 nightly
Also, please let me know if installing a photosphere camera would solve the problem? Will i be able to install ota update after that or the new camera will create a problem during updates??

XxPixX

Dec 19, 2012
Warsaw
Hello, everyone
Im new to xda..just registered today...could anyone tell me how to fix video camera zoom problem on my n7000 running omni 4.2.2....the zoom does not work on video camera and is problematic on the still camera as well....i also tried a clean install but doesnt seem to work..is it a common problem for all n7000 users or its just with me??
Also, please let me know if installing a photosphere camera would solve the problem? Will i be able to install ota update after that or the new camera will create a problem during updates??

You posted this in the wrong thread but I'll answer here anyway:

If you want to zoom in (or out) on something whilst you are recording then you can only do it in 720p or lower, it is not supported on 1080p. I believe that the same happens on stock TouchWiz. If you want to keep the photosphere camera then you could just rename the apk file that is responsible for it (it should be in /system/app).

Also, it's 4.4.2 and not 4.2.2

Reactions: shashank238

shashank238

Feb 19, 2014

If you want to zoom in (or out) on something whilst you are recording then you can only do it in 720p or lower, it is not supported on 1080p. I believe that the same happens on stock TouchWiz. If you want to keep the photosphere camera then you could just rename the apk file that is responsible for it (it should be in /system/app).

Just renaming the camera apk would bring the photosphere function?? If so what should i rename it as?? Could you please elaborate?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

That's correct. You can't zoom in 1080p, even on stock.

Just renaming the camera apk would bring the photosphere function?? If so what should i rename it as?? Could you please elaborate?
No, you can't have a working camera with photosphere on n7000. If you install the Google camera APK from certain gapps packages, you will have photosphere but will be missing many resolutions and the camera will barely work since it's specifically designed for Nexus devices and is missing all sorts of hacks needed for Samsungs. Also, this is getting offtopic for this thread which was discussing Xperia Z issues.

Reactions: shashank238

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, everyone

That's correct. You can't zoom in 1080p, even on stock.

No, you can't have a working camera with photosphere on n7000. If you install the Google camera APK from certain gapps packages, you will have photosphere but will be missing many resolutions and the camera will barely work since it's specifically designed for Nexus devices and is missing all sorts of hacks needed for Samsungs. Also, this is getting offtopic for this thread which was discussing Xperia Z issues.