[APP][4.1+][SOURCE] PulseCompass - Pure Vanilla Compass!

Search This thread

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
RrA8jdA.png

7neRljb.png

Hi XDA! You might have seen my previous app, PulseFlash which was made in the process of learning Android app development. This is once again made for the same reason.

This tiny Compass app was made Graphics Designer new to the app development scene, thus it is very clean. I've utilized most of Android's framework, making this app fit right in!

fPmaBjR.png

This app doesn't need any permissions from Android. The hardware used is sensors already available.

vjXle4E.png

jfeinstein10 for his amazing SlidingMenu library.
A lot of folks over at Stackoverflow.
@SpaceCaker who is my personal Android Wikipedia, didn't help me in this case, but awesome guy anyway.

KbjKYxL.png

The main source code is available at my Github, I did not share the graphics, nor styling files. Feel free to use the code, but please do not recreate my app, or something very similar and then share it publicly.

odbVyfF.png

Please do not mirror - I'd like to track my downloads :)

Last edited:

pckhib

Jun 3, 2014
I'm having a question. You're using TYPE_ORIENTATION for the sensor. Isn't this deprecated since API Level 6?

Reactions: PulseDroid

J-Co

May 31, 2018
Good job, great and simple all, I read in the details that you're 14, if I were you I'd be beyond proud to do something like this at such a young age

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RrA8jdA.png

7neRljb.png

Hi XDA! You might have seen my previous app, PulseFlash which was made in the process of learning Android app development. This is once again made for the same reason.

This tiny Compass app was made Graphics Designer new to the app development scene, thus it is very clean. I've utilized most of Android's framework, making this app fit right in!

fPmaBjR.png

This app doesn't need any permissions from Android. The hardware used is sensors already available.

vjXle4E.png

jfeinstein10 for his amazing SlidingMenu library.
    A lot of folks over at Stackoverflow.
    @SpaceCaker who is my personal Android Wikipedia, didn't help me in this case, but awesome guy anyway.

KbjKYxL.png

The main source code is available at my Github, I did not share the graphics, nor styling files. Feel free to use the code, but please do not recreate my app, or something very similar and then share it publicly.

odbVyfF.png

Please do not mirror - I'd like to track my downloads :)

I'm having a question. You're using TYPE_ORIENTATION for the sensor. Isn't this deprecated since API Level 6?