Broken Screen Connector

Search This thread

spatton1025

Jul 21, 2014
Hello.

I am in need of board-level repair for my XT926. The connector that the FFC ribbon cable from the LCD screen plugs into was damaged and is missing pins. It will probably need to be replaced.

I have called and searched and can find no repair company that will fix it. Even Motorola (as they will just send me a replacement).

I am worried about the data/pictures I have stored on the phone, so I would like to get this up and running.

Does anybody know of a shop that can do this? I know it isn't a "common" repair, but am willing to pay for it being done to save my data.

Thanks in advance...

spatton1025

Jul 21, 2014
Hello.

I am in need of board-level repair for my XT926. The connector that the FFC ribbon cable from the LCD screen plugs into was damaged and is missing pins. It will probably need to be replaced.

I have called and searched and can find no repair company that will fix it. Even Motorola (as they will just send me a replacement).

I am worried about the data/pictures I have stored on the phone, so I would like to get this up and running.

Does anybody know of a shop that can do this? I know it isn't a "common" repair, but am willing to pay for it being done to save my data.

Thanks in advance...

I'm still looking for this, if anybody has the skills or no where I can get this done. Money talks.

Thanks.

nagim

Nov 24, 2010
Budapest
I'm still looking for this, if anybody has the skills or no where I can get this done. Money talks.

Thanks.

It would require serious equipment (hot air soldering station with proper nozzles) and a new part, probably from another motherboard. It's by no means an easy fix.

But why don't you try this:
If the phone boots up, hook it up to a TV or monitor with a HDMI cable.
You should see your phone screen on the TV once it booted.
Connect a mouse with a USB OTG cable to the phone.
You can now either enable bluetooth, connect a bluetooth mouse, so you can free up the microUSB for connecting the phone to the PC to save all your data/pictures/etc.
Or you can leave the mouse connected through the USB and insert a microSD card into the phone to save your data there.

Last edited: