[Q] Charger for Z1C

Search This thread

dramatictone

Aug 14, 2014
Hi,

I'm the owner of a new Z1C and I'm wondering if it would be harmful for the battery to charge it with a normal usb cable different from the one supplied by Sony. I can imagine it should not be an issue, but I also tried to connect a older headphones to the Z1C and a popup warned me about a "Non-Sony headphones", so... I prefer to ask to be really sure.

Can I charge the phone with a normal usb cable? Thanks in advance,

festizzio

Sep 17, 2012
I've actually been using the cable that came with my Kindle and it works perfectly, no issues at all. It charges quickly and I don't get any errors on my phone. I've also used the cable that came with my Ipega bluetooth controller and it works as well.

I would however recommend staying away from the wall adapters they sell at CVS/Walgreens near the front, and possibly the cables too. I noticed that whenever I plugged in my phone using the wall adapter, the touch screen wouldn't function properly and acted like every time I touched the screen, even if it was to quickly swipe, that I was pressing instead. Horrible.

Reactions: dramatictone

cola286

Jul 9, 2011
I also use a non-Sony charger and it works fine. As long is it is a micro-usb charger it will be fine. Headphones on the other hand are different though like you said. I tried a pair of earphones from my older Sony Ericsson X8 and it tells me it is not a supported so yea...

Iruwen

Dec 14, 2012
Since the USB specification is quite rigorous there should be no problems, except for very cheap adapters which provide an unstable voltage.

D

Deleted member 3493119

Hello @dramatictone;,
It's safe to charge it with another charger as long as the ampere of the charger is not higher than 2A. However, most aftermarket chargers are rated at 1A, which means that it'll charge slower.

It's also important to buy a quality charger with the safety marks; if you don't want to risk burning down your house while charging over night. Don't buy those generic China chargers, they're not safe to use.

I hope my answer cleared any doubts.

Have a great day,
GethPrime

dramatictone

Aug 14, 2014
No problem, but remember to buy a quality charger and you'll be fine. However, any MicroUSB cable will be fine for charging, even cheap China ones :)

Yep. I had planned to use the official Sony charger at home and the oldie Samsung Galaxy S charger (or even a microusb cable) when charging the phone at the office, but I wanted to be really sure first: I've been using the phone for three days now and I have only had to charge it just once, so I don't want to damage the battery now that I have a phone that lasts more than one day :D

D

Deleted member 3493119

Yep. I had planned to use the official Sony charger at home and the oldie Samsung Galaxy S charger (or even a microusb cable) when charging the phone at the office, but I wanted to be really sure first: I've been using the phone for three days now and I have only had to charge it just once, so I don't want to damage the battery now that I have a phone that lasts more than one day :D
Note that the old Samsung chargers are rated at 0,7A, so it'll take some time to charge. Other than that it'll work just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    Hello @dramatictone;,
    It's safe to charge it with another charger as long as the ampere of the charger is not higher than 2A. However, most aftermarket chargers are rated at 1A, which means that it'll charge slower.

It's also important to buy a quality charger with the safety marks; if you don't want to risk burning down your house while charging over night. Don't buy those generic China chargers, they're not safe to use.

I hope my answer cleared any doubts.

Have a great day,
    GethPrime
    I've actually been using the cable that came with my Kindle and it works perfectly, no issues at all. It charges quickly and I don't get any errors on my phone. I've also used the cable that came with my Ipega bluetooth controller and it works as well.

I would however recommend staying away from the wall adapters they sell at CVS/Walgreens near the front, and possibly the cables too. I noticed that whenever I plugged in my phone using the wall adapter, the touch screen wouldn't function properly and acted like every time I touched the screen, even if it was to quickly swipe, that I was pressing instead. Horrible.
    I also use a non-Sony charger and it works fine. As long is it is a micro-usb charger it will be fine. Headphones on the other hand are different though like you said. I tried a pair of earphones from my older Sony Ericsson X8 and it tells me it is not a supported so yea...
    Since the USB specification is quite rigorous there should be no problems, except for very cheap adapters which provide an unstable voltage.