• Between 7 months to 12 months

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • More than 12 months

Votes: 53 54.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

alphaola

Oct 1, 2010
This is a poll to understand how often people change their phones in the midst of hundreds of phones released each year.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
I always bought the latest iphones and Galaxy S on launch day... So 2 a year...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

tCizler

Sep 1, 2011
After giving Samsung a try for the third time in a few years, i'm going back to Motorola. I usually trade up every 9-12 months. Edge plan here.

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
Between 3 and 6 months for me. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but on average it's right around 3-4 months.

Thin_Bezel

May 30, 2012
Paris
Used my Galaxy S2 for 4 months and I lost it. Bought a new S2 and used it for 4 months again. Then bought the iPhone 4S and used it for only 2 months. Then I bought the Galaxy S3 and used it for 1 year and 6 months :D. Now I am happy using my Galaxy S5 for 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Once a year or once every two years depending on how good the device I owned was.

Replaced the Incredible S because I kept flashing stuff on it and the internal memory eventually died, lasted less than a year.

Bought an Xperia Z and immediately bought a GS5 when I could because honestly the Xperia Z was a pile of crap, lasted about a year.

Planning to keep this GS5 until 2016 when I can buy a new droid flagship or iPhone 6S

pokosik

Dec 1, 2009
1-2 times a year. But S5 planning to keep a bit longer. Maybe even 2 years:).
But note 4 is comming. So don't know if i won't buy it. We will see.

Last edited:

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
it used to be at least once a year, but after the S3 I waited 2 years because phones just aren't advancing that fast any more.

hmmzwtf

Jan 7, 2012
Masterdamned
Used my Galaxy S2 for 4 months and I lost it. Bought a new S2 and used it for 4 months again. Then bought the iPhone 4S and used it for only 2 months. Then I bought the Galaxy S3 and used it for 1 year and 6 months :D. Now I am happy using my Galaxy S5 for 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

I mostly HOPE to use my phones for max 2 years hehe, then the monthly subscription ends, and I can choose a new model.

Ive been doing this from: Samsung Wave -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> Samsung Galaxy S5.

Im very careful with my stuff, hopefully the S5 stays alive, as it's so fast I actually dont need anything else after this :)

G

GuestD0212

Each year. I is a disease. I should really stop.

Same here :eek: started this year with a S3 I was due to a upgrade with my phone carrier so I decided to go for the Nexus 5 great phone but awful battery life so I exchanged after one week for the G2 and that it's a great phone, the best one I had so far! But no sd card option it's a big no for me, sold it after 6 months and bought the S5(went for the safe option) I will try to keep it for one year :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

anubius

Jul 3, 2008
Lviv
Same here :eek: started this year with a S3 I was due to a upgrade with my phone carrier so I decided to go for the Nexus 5 great phone but awful battery life so I exchanged after one week for the G2 and that it's a great phone, the best one I had so far! But no sd card option it's a big no for me, sold it after 6 months and bought the S5(went for the safe option) I will try to keep it for one year :)

I got stuck in Samsung phones. I am slave of AMOLOED screen and SD card slot. So my history is S2-S5. I bought S5 last weeek just because of water resistance. I am fishing a lot and I had situations where S4 was under extreme tests. Once it was under heavy rain and once actually for 5 sec completely under the water, however survived both events. I decided not to risk it anymore and to buy S5. Plus bigger sensor in the camera is also a good excuse to buy it. And as always I promise again to myself that this is the last phone I will buy. How is your S5 like it so far?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    seems like its that time of the year for another change... iphone 6, note 4, xperia z3 even note edge is tempting.