URDU Reading/Writing Patch for HTC Sensation (Paki users)

Search This thread

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Long time I searched to find a Solution to Writing and Reading Urdu Messages for HTC Sensation.. HTC mobiles dont include Urdu :mad: although Samsung does..

I almost made it possible with Thanks from baadnewz Arabic patch. Thus this Patch includes Arabic Fonts too.

I know most of you will say we can Write URDU but when u r actually writing it, its infact Arabic form.. Many letters dont work correctly..

(Tested on Sense 3.5; Not yet on 3.0.. If Someone with 3.0 can test and let me know if it works for him)

Here is a Simple Guide on how to do it:

A) Download URDU_Patch_HTC_Pyramid.zip and flash via Recovery and Reboot. (First Boot may take Long)

B) Download MultiLing from Market

C) Then Download Urdu Plugin Pakistani

D) Open MultiLing . Follow Steps in Main screen

1. Enable Multiling > Check Mark Multiling
4. Enable Languages > Leave Tick on Only English and Urdu. remove ticks from All others

When writing message, Long press Editing Area to Select Input method. Choose MultiLing. Swipe Spacebar in Keyboard to change Language..

Now you can Type Urdu in Correct fonts...:D

Will Hopefully Port for Other HTC Devices...

Hit THANKS if it Helped...

Screen Shots BEFORE and AFTER the Patch

(Mods Please Move to correct Section. Dont know where it should Belong...)

Last edited:

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
i will check this on my bro's phone :) can i test it safely on DHD too?

I am sure it will work with DHD if its on Sense 3.5

Need to change the script as it wont flash on any other mobile except Sensation...

will ask baadnewz if he can help in changing the script and make it universally for all HTC sets with sense 3.5...:)

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Nobody else LOL hard when they saw (Paki users) ?

lets keep this thread clean of any Trolls...

If it was a personal hit, I could tolerate.. but when it comes to targeting my country's name, I wont... This is not ur racist forum..

I m happy u didnt mention ur Country in ur Profile, u literally saved her from spoiling her image...

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Jjdoctor: i just saw asian version of app swype, it has urdu support as well, if you want it, then pm me, i'll send you a link.

yes please PM me...

Can u type correct URDU with it? I mean whenever I used to type or when I got messages, it would read only Arabic words and where URDU words come, it just shows Blocks..

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
yes please PM me...

Can u type correct URDU with it? I mean whenever I used to type or when I got messages, it would read only Arabic words and where URDU words come, it just shows Blocks..

Well you may know swype is a keyboard, a well known, as far as reading is concerned, you have posted proper patch for it, and yeah this arabic swype has pure urdu alphabets, you have to disable word suggesstions, auto-correct etc...and thats it, check your pm...good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjdoctor

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Well you may know swype is a keyboard, a well known, as far as reading is concerned, you have posted proper patch for it, and yeah this arabic swype has pure urdu alphabets, you have to disable word suggesstions, auto-correct etc...and thats it, check your pm...good luck.

I got what u mean now.. Maybe RCMIX has include URDU Fonts by default otherwise you won't see exactly how URDU is written.. it will be in Arabic Form..

Below is a ScreenShot of InsertCoin WITH RTL Arabic Patch Installed and Asian Swype Keyboard.. I think ASAIN Swype keyboard is not meant for qHD Screen of Sensation ;)... We want bigger one..:) In screenshot u can see "Kaf" is typed as "Gaf" and fonts are also not very good in joining... its more Arabic Like
"Yar Pakistan main tamatar kay kya rate hain"

Now See Below after you install my URDU Patch in OP, the Fonts make Sense and is more URDU like.. and the "Kaf" is correctly written..

Now Check Below, the MultiLing Keyboard which I like for its size and comfortability... It supports Urdu Dictionary too...

Hope that clears some part of it... :)

Last edited:

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
I got what u mean now.. Maybe RCMIX has include URDU Fonts by default otherwise you won't see exactly how URDU is written.. it will be in Arabic Form..

Below is a ScreenShot of InsertCoin WITH RTL Arabic Patch Installed and Asian Swype Keyboard.. I think ASAIN Swype keyboard is not meant for qHD Screen of Sensation ;)... We want bigger one..:) In screenshot u can see "Kaf" is typed as "Gaf" and fonts are also not very good in joining... its more Arabic Like
"Yar Pakistan main tamatar kay kya rate hain"

Now See Below after you install my URDU Patch in OP, the Fonts make Sense and is more URDU like.. and the "Kaf" is correctly written..

Now Check Below, the MultiLing Keyboard which I like for its size and comfortability... It supports Urdu Dictionary too...

Hope that clears some part of it... :)

It means with your patch it makes no difference between the accuracy of Swype with rcmix, and using multiling with insertcoin, but in my opinion the conclusion is for great urdu writing experience we need insertcoin+your patch+arabic swype...i hope you'll agree wiyh me, in your rom with multiling, the wordd "hay" and "bari yay" are seperated and same happening with swype in rcmix, but you can see the difference on your screenshot where youare using your patch + swype, it'll look more accurate...hope i have clearify.you properly :)

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
I ported those fonts and library files from Samsung mobile... luckily worked here.. Didn't know RCMix has it already... But most Roms here don't have Urdu fonts even after applying RTL patch...

Reactions: Shery4life

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
I ported those fonts and library files from Samsung mobile... luckily worked here.. Didn't know RCMix has it already... But most Roms here don't have Urdu fonts even after applying RTL patch...

Dost, can u share the files u took from Samsung? i tried few fonts still some characters dont seem to join..

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
I took fonts from here..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1086632

And merged with RTL Arabic patch from here
www.mediafire.com/?le00tcvd7mabaob

And Simply copied all fonts from Samsung patch and overwrite the one in Arabic patch...

Main font file was DroidSansArabic.ttf...
I suggest you overwrite this font file only if you already have RTL and Arabic patch installed in your ROM...

If that doesn't help then download my patch and delete the phone Model ID detection line from updater script and flash in your mobile with same GB version...;)

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK

If it was a personal hit, I could tolerate.. but when it comes to targeting my country's name, I wont... This is not ur racist forum..

I m happy u didnt mention ur Country in ur Profile, u literally saved her from spoiling her image...

JJ, don't think he meant it in a bad way. I loled tbh, i find it funny how pakistani people see it as a short word (which i completely agree with), when the rest of the world goes :"oooooooh, you can't say that"
:D

Reactions: Sunny88

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
I took fonts from here..

And Simply copied all fonts from Samsung patch and overwrite the one in Arabic patch...

I suggest you overwrite this font file only if you already have RTL and Arabic patch installed in your ROM...

If that doesn't help then download my patch and delete the phone Model ID detection line from updater script and flash in your mobile with same GB version...;)

Please share the fonts as multiupload & such sites are dead now :D

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
For your information. All RTL patches are based on Madmack's Android Arabic shaping patch. You can apply it to any device (deodexed).

That's some nice info... But problem is not getting Arabic patch... It's actually getting Urdu fonts to work on it ..

Arabic is not Urdu although it matches 80% characters with Urdu... The remaining 20% are spelled wrong as it's missing Urdu fonts...

My patch just fixes those fonts making it compatible for both Urdu and Arabic at the same time...;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Long time I searched to find a Solution to Writing and Reading Urdu Messages for HTC Sensation.. HTC mobiles dont include Urdu :mad: although Samsung does..

I almost made it possible with Thanks from baadnewz Arabic patch. Thus this Patch includes Arabic Fonts too.

I know most of you will say we can Write URDU but when u r actually writing it, its infact Arabic form.. Many letters dont work correctly..

(Tested on Sense 3.5; Not yet on 3.0.. If Someone with 3.0 can test and let me know if it works for him)

Here is a Simple Guide on how to do it:

A) Download URDU_Patch_HTC_Pyramid.zip and flash via Recovery and Reboot. (First Boot may take Long)

B) Download MultiLing from Market

C) Then Download Urdu Plugin Pakistani

D) Open MultiLing . Follow Steps in Main screen

1. Enable Multiling > Check Mark Multiling
    4. Enable Languages > Leave Tick on Only English and Urdu. remove ticks from All others

When writing message, Long press Editing Area to Select Input method. Choose MultiLing. Swipe Spacebar in Keyboard to change Language..

Now you can Type Urdu in Correct fonts...:D

Will Hopefully Port for Other HTC Devices...

Hit THANKS if it Helped...

Screen Shots BEFORE and AFTER the Patch

(Mods Please Move to correct Section. Dont know where it should Belong...)
    Nobody else LOL hard when they saw (Paki users) ?

I took fonts from here..

yes please PM me...