[Q] ctrl calibration problem

Search This thread

vwtazzman

Jun 28, 2014
Is there another way to calibrate this thing or do I just have a $50 paper weight ?

The left stick on my C.T.R.L. recently went out of whack, it is always moving the pointer down unless I hold a bit of "up" on it.
I tried the calibration steps from the Mad Catz site and it will not work. ie: no flashing purple light. I tried it on my M.O.J.O. and my PC, same problem.

Thank You for any help.

vwtazzman

Jun 28, 2014
Did you put in a support ticket with MadCatz? May be a defunct unit.

Yup and it looks like the unit went bad. They will warranty it but why bother.:eek:
The sad thing is that this whole console has failed in one way or another.:(
I tried to pair my NYKO to it which pairs with every other android device I own and....will not pair, WTF?:confused:
And I am SO tired of seeing "not compatible with M.O.J.O." in the google store! :rolleyes:
I have a MK908 and MK802 that will work with everything.
What't the hell MadCatz?
I should have bought a Shield.

By by MOJO:(

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
Yup and it looks like the unit went bad. They will warranty it but why bother.:eek:
The sad thing is that this whole console has failed in one way or another.:(
I tried to pair my NYKO to it which pairs with every other android device I own and....will not pair, WTF?:confused:
And I am SO tired of seeing "not compatible with M.O.J.O." in the google store! :rolleyes:
I have a MK908 and MK802 that will work with everything.
What't the hell MadCatz?
I should have bought a Shield.

By by MOJO:(

Did you update to the latest firmware? Check the MOJO icon on your homescreen, go to the fifth step and get the 205-TS firmware as that will make a huge difference to the "not compatible" incidence rate.

We've had no issues pairing the Nyko or OUYA controller with MOJO though - are you correctly placing the Nyko pad into pairing mode?

Ash180287

Jun 22, 2010
Dunno if this is resolved but for future users having an issue

The re-calibrate process for the C.T.R.L.R is as follows

Make sure the C.T.R.L.R is paired and connected to a host
Press and hold A, B, X, Y, L1 and R1 for 3 seconds – the status LED will turn purple
Press the Back button once – the status LED will begin to flash
Move each stick and trigger through their full range of movement 4 times
Press the Start button once – the status LED will return to blue to show the pad is in normal operation

According to madcatz

Edit: Dunno if I even read the first post Jesus,
also stated this before in the correct thread but the update dramatically increased the incompatible message for me, hardly saw it before now its every other app and loads that used to be compatible ain't. Controller is much much better. Just now I've got the choise of laggy controller and loads of apps or brilliant controller and no apps. Lose lose

Last edited:

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
Dunno if this is resolved but for future users having an issue

The re-calibrate process for the C.T.R.L.R is as follows

Make sure the C.T.R.L.R is paired and connected to a host
Press and hold A, B, X, Y, L1 and R1 for 3 seconds – the status LED will turn purple
Press the Back button once – the status LED will begin to flash
Move each stick and trigger through their full range of movement 4 times
Press the Start button once – the status LED will return to blue to show the pad is in normal operation

According to madcatz

Edit: Dunno if I even read the first post Jesus,
also stated this before in the correct thread but the update dramatically increased the incompatible message for me, hardly saw it before now its every other app and loads that used to be compatible ain't. Controller is much much better. Just now I've got the choise of laggy controller and loads of apps or brilliant controller and no apps. Lose lose

interesting instructions.. read more like a finishing move lol
Yeah, sucks google play is stuffed.. I tried going back to the previous firmware update but the rooting doesn't fix it :/

chazsmash

Jan 11, 2016
I am having the same issue with my Mac. Tried to recalibrate but its stuck at the bottom left of the screen.

basketor

Jun 3, 2011
I haven't used this gamepad in years, and wanted to use it, and realised I have that left stick issue too.
I tried the calibration stuff and that didn't help.
I upgraded the firmware, and it didn't help, plus the button mappings are broken now.
Also I tried to run mad catz software for that gamepad but it's not picking it up by blutooth, despite windows detecting the gamepad right.
So it's a paper weight that will end in some box or in the trash.

{Mod edit: Inappropriate language edited. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}

Last edited by a moderator: