[ROM] VEGAn-Tab for Adam 5.1.1 040411

Search This thread

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
This is a port of the work that Gojimi, Roebeet, and I did for the Gtablet. I will try to keep it current with any VEGAn changes.

VEGAn-TAB for Adam BETA 5.1.1 040411: http://www.multiupload.com/J7DA70PDNR

Features:
VEGAn-TAB 5.1.1 base
NI Browser, Calendar, Sniffer, Calculator, Canvas, Mail'd, Quickoffice
gps.conf
(040411) Flash 10.2 auto install
(040411) Latest NI kernel with sleep/wake fix + CIFS/NTFS support
(040411) 3G toggle in build.prop
(040411) Performance mode toggle in build.prop

Build.Prop Toggles:
0(3G disabled), 1(3G enabled)
persist.3G.toggle=0

WARNING, Can Cause Instability, MUST WIPE DATA TO DISABLE
Very Fast (3000+ quadrant)
0(data2loop+SQL hack off), 1(data2loop+SQL hack on)
persist.perfmode.toggle=0

Instructions:
Flash from recovery like any other ROM
Wipe Data/Cache
Reboot

NIH Thread: http://notioninkhacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=2072
Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=884103

beta4cyan.png

Last edited:

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
ISSUES:
Currently working out a flash causing browser crash issue
Going to add a new kernel with next release with sleep/wake fix AND Cifs support

Last edited:

Pikabob

Jul 18, 2010
Glad to see this! Looks like a very good rom, I will try it out soon.

pete338

Apr 30, 2006
Hi,
Unable to download...anybody kind enough to post another link..?:)
Best Regards..

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
Last edited:

isolated_epidemic

Sep 15, 2007
Spokane, WA
Got everything installed fine, but ended up finding two bugs. First was the mouse pointer not oriented correctly and not able to hit the right side of the screen. And second is when I reboot my Adam it just sits at a black screen and cant get back into recovery. I have to run the official Notion Ink fix to revert to stock and start fresh.

Any ideas?

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
Got everything installed fine, but ended up finding two bugs. First was the mouse pointer not oriented correctly and not able to hit the right side of the screen. And second is when I reboot my Adam it just sits at a black screen and cant get back into recovery. I have to run the official Notion Ink fix to revert to stock and start fresh.

Any ideas?

The first issue is related to an accelerometer fix. Check the gtablet VEGAn-Tab post I link to for more information. There is a patch to fix the mouse issue, but then you use support for the games with x-y swap for the accelerometer.

The second issue isn't related to the ROM, but with the Adam's partition layout and clockworkmod or the stock recovery. It gives random issues like that to me every so often. If you keep having it, change to a different recovery then try again.

EDA-One

Dec 3, 2007
Hi Rothnic,

is there something I have to keep in mind if I currently have installed the EdenX rom and want to install yours?

thx

André

somesayinice

Mar 29, 2008
I had the same problem and its because CWM doesn't flash the bootloader. Or maybe CWM incorrectly flashes the bootloader but either way it always hangs eventually. Stick with the stock recovery. I haven't had any problems since I did so.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

somesayinice

Mar 29, 2008
Do you have cwm installed? I've noticed this issue only with cwm installed.

I had the same problem and its because CWM doesn't flash the bootloader. Or maybe CWM incorrectly flashes the bootloader but either way it always hangs eventually. Stick with the stock recovery. I haven't had any problems since I did so.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App