josefcrist

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 5, 2008
Logan, UT
www.acetylated.com
Pantech crossover how to root.

1. install Android sdk and update.
2. enable usb debuging on your phone.
3. Download and install the pc suite to get the adb driver for the crossover.
http://www.pantechusa.com/support/crossover_p8000
4. download and extract superoneclick http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
5. make sure that adb can see your device. From a command prompt change directory to the place that you installed the android sdk android-sdk\platform-tools and run "adb devices" you should see your device connected.
6. run superoneclick.exe make sure that you select GingerBreak from the exploit menu
7. donate me.

I am running kernel version 2.6.32.9

Last edited:

eeter

Apr 5, 2006
usb debuging is on
How to make sure adb can see the phone?
can explain more how to:
....From a command prompt change directory to the place that you installed the android sdk android-sdk\platform-tools and run "adb devices" you should see your device connected.

eeter

Apr 5, 2006
checked the adb devices and device is connected. still it is freezing at step 6

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
ok so i followed the instructions, i selected gingerbreak, my pantech crossover is still at 2.2.1, adb can see my device, my sd card is unmounted and superoneclick, becomes un responsive at step 7: waiting for device... i also get a little thingy that caught my attention that says "mount:you must be root" any suggestions?

Last edited:

llspragulus

Nov 23, 2010
sorry josefchrist i pulled a stupid my fault thanks for the help

Hey what was the stupid? I may be doing the same thing. If not, I can't get this to work. It just dies at step #5, no error code, SOC freezes, and I have to task kill it. I have no AV enabled. Here's my setup:
- running win 7 Pro x64
- pantech drivers installed
- development is enabled
- adb can see device
- SOC set to gingerbreak
- there is no mem card mounted or even in the device (it gets further if there is... step 7 and dies... maybe file system is inaccessible?)

What am I missing?

Attachments

• root1.jpg
    root1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

kamacozzi

Jun 30, 2007
I would love to hear if anyone bricked their crossover..I want to root my wife's crossover, but if I bricked it I would NEVER hear the end of it! ;)

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
Hey what was the stupid? I may be doing the same thing. If not, I can't get this to work. It just dies at step #5, no error code, SOC freezes, and I have to task kill it. I have no AV enabled. Here's my setup:
- running win 7 Pro x64
- pantech drivers installed
- development is enabled
- adb can see device
- SOC set to gingerbreak
- there is no mem card mounted or even in the device (it gets further if there is... step 7 and dies... maybe file system is inaccessible?)

What am I missing?

im in the same boat as you dude........... :( only im using windows 7 ultimate X84 (i think thats the number)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

i have noticed an error message that comes up on the side thingy, it says "mount: are you root?" and ive come to the conclusion that its having a problem gaining root access to the phone... thats all.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting Pantech Crossover - Easiest Way

1. Download & install File Expert from the android market.
    2. Go 2 settings, then applications & Enable unknown sources & usb debugging.
    3. Download & install Terminal Emulator from the android market.
    4. Download & install Gingerbreak.apk using Google.
    5. Pun Gingerbreak on the microSD card & install it using File Expert.
    6. Open Gingerbreak & click "Root Device"

The phone will restart & is now rooted
    Open up the Terminal Emulator, type "su" & hit enter. Choose the allow option to get Superuser Permissions

4 convenience, I uploaded the all apps needed. There is no possible way of this not working & messing up your phone. You don't even need a pc do do this.
    Pantech crossover how to root.

1. install Android sdk and update.
    2. enable usb debuging on your phone.
    3. Download and install the pc suite to get the adb driver for the crossover.
    http://www.pantechusa.com/support/crossover_p8000
    4. download and extract superoneclick http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
    5. make sure that adb can see your device. From a command prompt change directory to the place that you installed the android sdk android-sdk\platform-tools and run "adb devices" you should see your device connected.
    6. run superoneclick.exe make sure that you select GingerBreak from the exploit menu
    7. donate me.

I am running kernel version 2.6.32.9
    Root Your Pantech Crossover [P8000] (GingerBread 2.3.6)

Root Your Pantech Crossover [P8000] (GingerBread 2.3.6)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26635332
    Worked For Me

I followed the instructions to a T and it worked for me. Thanks a lot josefcrist.
    its keeps not responding and freezes after i click root "adb is seeing my device "

Did you make sure and select gingerbreak?