iMito MX1 Dual Core TV BOX RK3066 1.6GHz Cortex A9 1GB RAM 8G ROM HDMI

Search This thread

jastonas

Jul 1, 2010
Patra
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I got mine few days ago. Seems like this stick is getting more and more popular. Everything on this stick is very smooth. HD streaming from my server via WLAN works perfect (1080p mkv files too). Was hoping for more 3D performance but it´s still OK. GTA Vice city runs perfect.
But I am having trouble with gamepads, pretty hard to get them to work correctly. GTA is the only program where the XBox controllers work like they should after I used xpad.ko from the arctools app. USB/BT Joystick center doesn´t recognize any sticks I plug in. Still testing though...

1080p stream perfect? I couldn't even get 720p to stream!

I used samba and ES file explorer.

Any better way to suggest?

brontetab

Jul 13, 2012
guys please help. geekbuying.com has abandoned its customers. there is ZERO tech support. all they tell you is "hello friend, sorry you are having problems. do you want to buy another unit?"

so i will NEVER buy another item from them. very poor quality and non existent post sale service.

my problem is i upgraded to the latest version of firmware and all of a sudden my bluetooth audio output is not working. i can not hear anything on any of my bluetooth headphones. wanted to make phone calls from the unit and listen to music via bluetooth headphones. please help!!! :cowboy:

Spheeler

Feb 19, 2013
What firmware was it? How did you upgrade to it, SD card?
There is a custom ROM out that might fix your problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

marcedli

Sep 23, 2010
Budapest
guys please help. geekbuying.com has abandoned its customers. there is ZERO tech support. all they tell you is "hello friend, sorry you are having problems. do you want to buy another unit?"

so i will NEVER buy another item from them. very poor quality and non existent post sale service.

my problem is i upgraded to the latest version of firmware and all of a sudden my bluetooth audio output is not working. i can not hear anything on any of my bluetooth headphones. wanted to make phone calls from the unit and listen to music via bluetooth headphones. please help!!! :cowboy:

I don't think that you can expect tech support from an online store....contacting manufacturers and providing newer roms from mx1 we can only thank to geekbuying

these cheap gadgets are not the best quality and there's almost no support for them...that's why they are that cheap...

Sent from SGS III GT-I9300 ??????

inquisitor

Jul 14, 2004
I have recently bought a cheap USB 2.0 hub with integrated LAN adaptor (depicted below), which is based on the RD9700/QF9700 LAN chipset and which according to the item description should "support 100BaseT performance". Luckily the iMito MX1 detects it properly (currently running iMito_MX1_V411_130204).
However, while the USB hub actually delivers appropriate data rates the LAN adaptor does in fact only support USB 1.1 (USBview.exe shows "bcdUSB: 0x0110" indicating USB1.1) which limits its LAN performance to 6.7 MBit/s (net data rate) despite my switch indicates a 100MBit/s full duplex link.

What bothers me even more is that it causes my iMito MX1 to freeze once I transfer larger amounts of data. In contrast to that it works flawlessly on my PC, so I can rule out a hardware issue.
I wonder if this is a general problem of the driver for the RD9700/QF9700 chipset or its implementation on the iMito and if other LAN adaptors based on this chipset (like the blue one depicted in the attachment) are also affected or if it is somehow caused by the specific hardware design of this combined device.

Attachments

• usb-20-zu-lan-adapter-rj45-10100-mb-netzwerk-ethernet-5566040.jpg
    usb-20-zu-lan-adapter-rj45-10100-mb-netzwerk-ethernet-5566040.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Spheeler

Feb 19, 2013
If you take it apart you should be able to tell. What does the boot logo say also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

inquisitor

Jul 14, 2004
geekbuying.com is a serious seller who obviously has close ties to iMito as they are always the first to release new ROMs, so you shoudn't be worried.

drunknbass

Nov 12, 2009
Los Angeles
how do i find it out if i have a genuine mx2 imito? i ordered from geekbuying
mine was an imito mx1 from VALI
http://www.amazon.com/s?me=A3L21YNSYLFCL8&rh=p_4:iMito

If you open it the reset switch is missing. It is actually located under the plastic on the other side (luckily)
but other roms for imito mx1 don't seem to have the right wifi/BT support for this board. The wifi was horrible anyway so I don't really care.

This is what my board looks like.
http://d.pr/i/vITp

You can see a switch on the side. I think some are missing it but you can bridge the pads and get it to reboot to bootloader (or figure out how to get ADB to work w/ it).

I might put together a suite of tools for mac to root/upgrade these.

Reactions: pioo

jcdac

May 29, 2009
MHL

Latest PC sticks from Roku and Dell supports HDMI MHL which doesn't require a USB power source. If iMito is limiting processing to 1.2 Ghz, does it really need 2 Amp power adapter? I have Samsung smart TV which have 1 Amp USB power source. I'm thinking at which point it will complain that power is not enough when using only 1 Amp.

DamageSource

Oct 19, 2012
Naperville
Hello fellow stick users. I have a small question I didn't see in the comments. I run out of room very quickly. How can I get the apps to install to the SD partition instead of the regular memory? I tried going to applications manager and moving to SD card but from what i remember being on the gs3, that feature is no longer supported.. I'm confused why it splits the memory up but installs everything to the smaller partition. I don't want to buy an SD card for this thing because all I use it for is streaming and light gaming when I'm bored so help a guy out please. I'm on 4.1.1 stock unrooted mx1

agazza

Nov 21, 2011
Sv: iMito MX1 Dual Core TV BOX RK3066 1.6GHz Cortex A9 1GB RAM 8G ROM HDMI

Latest PC sticks from Roku and Dell supports HDMI MHL which doesn't require a USB power source. If iMito is limiting processing to 1.2 Ghz, does it really need 2 Amp power adapter? I have Samsung smart TV which have 1 Amp USB power source. I'm thinking at which point it will complain that power is not enough when using only 1 Amp.

If you have several usb ports can't you use two male to one female adapter, the ones that comes with 3g usb modems?

Skickat från min HTC Vision via Tapatalk 2

madmikedynamite

Mar 18, 2013
Hi there,

I'm considering getting ones of these soon. I wondering if it is possible to get a separate audio out (preferably RCA) from the device so I can run an audio signal to my stereo? Is it as easy as getting a hdmi 1 to 2 splitter and a hdmi to RCA cable?

cheers
mike

nikev215

Mar 25, 2013
London
Heads up, My imito mx1 fromAmazon was fake. It was a UG007 in an aluminum imito shell. the reset button on the board was missing (if you try to put a paperclip through the hole youd probably short a chip), used different drivers, etc. Whn it boots it says R-BOX

Sorry to hear that you have been sold a fake. I did see that Amazon thread about fakes before ordering my own MX1 from Geekbuying, they had a notice on their site saying that the MX1's they were shipping out were all genuine from the factory, so I ordered a black version around the first week of March, and that's what arrived 7 days later. When you boot-up the Imito you should see the IMITO logo, any thing else is probably fake. If your considering an MX1 Geekbuying are OK, free delivery to the UK took 7 days, and was trackable.

pioo

Aug 1, 2011
Budapest
i have the same fake imito stick. unfortunately for some reason it isn't able to boot now, don't know why. i want to back it up but can't find a tool which can extract the content from the stick while it is in rescue mode.
is it rescue mode when i connect it to my pc while holding reset button?

is there a tool for that?

thanks

nikev215

Mar 25, 2013
London
i have the same fake imito stick. unfortunately for some reason it isn't able to boot now, don't know why. i want to back it up but can't find a tool which can extract the content from the stick while it is in rescue mode.
is it rescue mode when i connect it to my pc while holding reset button?

is there a tool for that?

thanks

Even if it's fake, I think it still uses RK3066, and if it does you can recover it. Why not post in this thread ... I can't post direct links

CWM-based Recovery for RK3066/RK2918/RK2906 devices

h**p://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102679

Last edited:
Reactions: pioo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    imito-mx1%5B1%5D.jpg

• Android 4.1.1 OS, Google Play Store pre-installed;
    • Build in Bluetooth
    • Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
    • Rockchip RK3066 Dual core, up to 1.6Ghz, Quad core Mali400 GPU
    • Support XBMC
    • Aluminum Case
    • Dimensions: 3.82 in x 1.54 in x 0.39 in (9.7 cm x 3.9 cm x 1.0 cm)
    • Weight: 1.41 oz (40 g)
    ejgh1353927466613%5B1%5D.jpg

• Operating Language: South Africa Dutch, Amharic, Indonesian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Dona-Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Greek, Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
    • Support OTG
    • Supports external 3G network card
    • Support UBS HDD, up to 2TB
    • Support some USB camera, video (eg. with Skype)
    • Support Wireless Keyboard/Mouse 2.4GHz
    • Audio Formats: MP3 / OGG / WMA / WMAPRO
    • Video Formats: MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM / RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc. full formats
    • Video Codecs: Mpeg 1 / 2 / 4.H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM 8 / 9 / 10, VP6
    • Picture Formats: JPEG
    • Subtitle Formats: SubRip [.srt]
    • Output Resolution: 1080P
    • HDMI: 1.3 and 1.4
    • USB: USB 2.0 + Mini USB
    • Video Output: HDMI
    • Audio Output: HDMI
    • Other Interface: 1 x HDMI interface / 1x USB interface / 1x OTG interface / 1x Expansion card interface / 1x Mini USB interface
    • Power Input: 5V 2A
    • Android Market Download: Yes
    • Compatible Application: Youtube / Facebook / Google play
    • Packing List:
      • 1 x Google TV player
      • 1 x 5V 2A EU plug adapter
      • 1 x HDMI cable (20cm)
      • 1 x OTG cable (10cm)
      • 1 x USB cable (60cm)
      • 1 x English user manual
    ROM

How to install firmware?
    (source)

The most important: After you flash this firmware, and next time, when we release new firmware, you don't need to flash in this hard way, you can just copy the firmware *.img file, and rename it to "update.img" and paste it to your Micro SD Card, insert the micro SD card to iMito MX1 and then connect MX1 with TV, the system will inform you "there is a new firmware update detected, and if you want to update", just click "yes", and the flash will go by itself.

So enjoy your new firmware, any questions,please feel free to report to us. :good:;)
    I´m asking the same question. This seems to be the best one so far?

doesn't matter which you buy, the moment it arrives there are more and more better on the market.

At the moment there are quadcore processor ones too, and next week on the CES you'll see more of these...

However about imito mx1/2

the wifi and BT driver are not open source, so until Mediatek doesn't release source for these drivers, you'll not have many custom roms.

BUT

1. no need for it, stock rom is fast and snappy
    2. if you not willing to use wifi or BT (internet can come through USB-LAN adapter from router), you can use any custom rom made for MK808 devices.

Here is a Google+ community where we discuss some tricks and tips, apps and games, feel free to join!

http://goo.gl/Oliw7

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

For more info post:

MX1 review
    http://goo.gl/42ddZ

MX1 latest Stock ROM (29.11.2012)
    http://goo.gl/RTu9j
    Peripherals

Android Control App for MX1/MX2
    You can control the iMito with an Android phone.
    attachment.php