[Q] [Help]All KitKat ROMS failing to install/abort

Search This thread

KoolBurnX8

Apr 11, 2014
riverside, ca
Hi guys! I just had got the Photon Q today and successfully got it rooted and successfully got a custom recovery installed on it. The problem is with EVERY ROM i've tried flash, it fails to install properly and aborts the installation. I've tried on both CWM and TWRP, but the result is the same and wont install. Does this have to do with the fact that the ROMs got unified for the multiple Motorola devices? I'm about to try older nightly builds i've found, just so I can have my phone on KitKat. Anyone have any ideas why every ROM is failing to install??

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Well, CWM might fail if you are using an older version... However, the latest TWRP should work fine.

What's the error message? Are yo using the latest version?

KoolBurnX8

Apr 11, 2014
riverside, ca
Well, CWM might fail if you are using an older version... However, the latest TWRP should work fine.

What's the error message? Are yo using the latest version?

Yup, i'm using the latest version, 2.7. Anyway, I got it figured out and realized it was my SD card, so I just flashed the ROMs from internal storage instead and it worked fine.

But now i'm having a new problem. Now i'm not getting any service and wifi wont come on. I've flashed custom roms on other phones before and i've never had this problem. It's like this on Carbon, Mokee, and now Cyanogen. I'm gonna keep browsing the forum for some ideas, do you have any idea by any chance?

kabaldan

Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Now i'm not getting any service and wifi wont come on. I've flashed custom roms on other phones before and i've never had this problem. It's like this on Carbon, Mokee, and now Cyanogen. I'm gonna keep browsing the forum for some ideas, do you have any idea by any chance?
This sounds like a result of deleted or formatted /persist partition.
Have you done it? Do you have a backup?

KoolBurnX8

Apr 11, 2014
riverside, ca
This sounds like a result of deleted or formatted /persist partition.
Have you done it? Do you have a backup?

Yup, I had a back up, but it failed to restore. I had to go back to stock because I couldn't figure out how to get back my service and wifi for the life of me. I still want to use Carbon, but i'm afraid it'll just go back to no service and no wifi again. Good thing about the stock rom, it seems to update your network profile and PRL for you.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yup, I had a back up, but it failed to restore. I had to go back to stock because I couldn't figure out how to get back my service and wifi for the life of me. I still want to use Carbon, but i'm afraid it'll just go back to no service and no wifi again. Good thing about the stock rom, it seems to update your network profile and PRL for you.

You must be on the stock ROM to update the PRL. Make sure everything works & is updated before flashing a custom ROM.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
pac_moto_msm8960_4.4.Alpha-1_20140409-051845

The ROM is great I don't wanna go back to stock :(
Hopefully you mean my recovery log

Is that from flashing PAC...? I don't see anything there from being flashed.

I assume the ROM boots fine if you say data and service are working. I mean logs from Android, like logcat and dmesg.

KoolBurnX8

Apr 11, 2014
riverside, ca
Is that from flashing PAC...? I don't see anything there from being flashed.

I assume the ROM boots fine if you say data and service are working. I mean logs from Android, like logcat and dmesg.

Yeah that was after flashing PAC ROM. I was finally able to do a good wipe of everything and finally got PAC running smoothly. The newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 wont let me do a good wipe, so I had to use 2.3.3.1 to do the wipe. Those versions wouldnt flash the ROMs properly and would fail, so I installed the newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 (again) and now all the ROMs i've flashed work great.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yeah that was after flashing PAC ROM. I was finally able to do a good wipe of everything and finally got PAC running smoothly. The newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 wont let me do a good wipe, so I had to use 2.3.3.1 to do the wipe. Those versions wouldnt flash the ROMs properly and would fail, so I installed the newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 (again) and now all the ROMs i've flashed work great.

I read your other post, that is odd. Not sure why you would have to revert to an older version of TWRP... Actually I'm a bit behind, I'm still on 2.6.3.1 I think. Not sure upgrading my phone would be a good test, since you proved moving from an older to newer version works...

Hmmm. I might just RSD Lite back to stock to see if I can recreate this.

Reactions: KoolBurnX8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I read your other post, that is odd. Not sure why you would have to revert to an older version of TWRP... Actually I'm a bit behind, I'm still on 2.6.3.1 I think. Not sure upgrading my phone would be a good test, since you proved moving from an older to newer version works...

Hmmm. I might just RSD Lite back to stock to see if I can recreate this.