[ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Perfect Android [MANTA]

Search This thread

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
This is a ROM based off of the Android Open Source Project that I'm maintaining for myself that I'm sharing with the community.

This ROM doesn't have any special features found in most ROM's, instead I am more focused on keeping this a "STOCK" open source alternative to the shipped firmware.

If you are looking for something that is more developed I would suggest CyanogenMOD, AOKP, TeamEOS, or ParaniodAndroid, that offers more.

THIS ROM IS NOT ROOTED:
There are 3 different root apps out there in the wild and in the spirit of keeping everything as open as possible I have chosen NOT to include root, also I don't need root for anything that I do.

THIS ROM IS ODEXED:
De-odexing a rom has many pros and cons to it, one of the pros being that any modification to any apk such as theming is easier since all of the parts and info would be in one place, the apk being modified. One of the cons of de-odexing is that apks would take longer to into memory and this takes a hit on performance, not anything that is major but one example is first boot after a flash takes way longer on de-odexed roms vs odexed roms. There are apps and scripts out there to run if you need to de-odex.

If you have an error or something pops up I ask that before you post about it please make sure that you are running the ROM as provided. I cannot troubleshoot anything that is related to using other kernels, mods, or themes.

Google Apps are NOT included:

DOWNLOAD:
http://d-h.st/P0s

This rom is open source.

Source:
https://github.com/jakdillard

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
Like the ROM and want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246 DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.

CREDITS:
AOSP - of course

Last edited:

cuguy

Aug 22, 2009
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Clean and simple, very basic mods to AOSP. Thanks!

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
www.sur-realphotography.com
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.1] Perfect Android [MANTA] [2-3-13]

what were your issues ?

Lots of random reboots. The last one I flashed would reboot while in a game, then wouldn't boot back up.

So far this seems great. :) My only issue is Mint isn't working. At all. I go to log in and it just sits there saying "Downloading data. This can take a couple minutes." Or something along those lines. Then it just sits there. When it does do something, it says "Unable to connect. Please check network connection."

I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, everything. But still won't work. No other apps are having issues with connectivity.

Any ideas on what it could be?

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
Lots of random reboots. The last one I flashed would reboot while in a game, then wouldn't boot back up.

So far this seems great. :) My only issue is Mint isn't working. At all. I go to log in and it just sits there saying "Downloading data. This can take a couple minutes." Or something along those lines. Then it just sits there. When it does do something, it says "Unable to connect. Please check network connection."

I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, everything. But still won't work. No other apps are having issues with connectivity.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Honestly I'd have to try it out.

edit: you're talking about mint.com? if so its working for me

Last edited:

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
www.sur-realphotography.com
I'm getting a lot of reboots now. Several a day. This last one I was saving a video from the Play Store onto my tablet for offline viewing, screen off, and that was the only thing running. Then it just restarted. It also restarted while playing a game, The Simpsons game, and also browsing the web using Chrome.

I'm running yours completely stock, with no mods or anything.

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010
Any plans to bring in aosp browser like you did for the nexus 4? Using this on the N4 and I plan to use it here for the the N10 too.

cuguy

Aug 22, 2009
http://d-h.st/37J

You will need to flash G-Apps.

Hi there,

This update is running great, no reboot yet (fingers crossed).
I just have 2 "complaints" : reboot options on power menu and kill all on recent menu.

Cheers

Edit: one thing to add, my calendar is acting funky. Just one color for events and the events can only be seen on a widget. I used the latest gapps from goo.

Last edited:

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
Hi there,

This update is running great, no reboot yet (fingers crossed).
I just have 2 "complaints" : reboot options on power menu and kill all on recent menu.

Cheers

Edit: one thing to add, my calendar is acting funky. Just one color for events and the events can only be seen on a widget. I used the latest gapps from goo.

Glad that this is running good for you, now about your complaints. I am not gonna add those "features" because to me it would be like google inventing the "notification pull down" then apple adding a "notification shade" and calling it innovative, those are common in almost every rom if I am gonna make something common I'd rather keep it pure but functional and not "keep up with the Jones'".

I do provide my source, if you want to build and cherry-pick whatever feature in that you want.

cuguy

Aug 22, 2009
Cool, I respect that. Baking my own ROM is on my bucket list but grad school is too busy :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a ROM based off of the Android Open Source Project that I'm maintaining for myself that I'm sharing with the community.

This ROM doesn't have any special features found in most ROM's, instead I am more focused on keeping this a "STOCK" open source alternative to the shipped firmware.

If you are looking for something that is more developed I would suggest CyanogenMOD, AOKP, TeamEOS, or ParaniodAndroid, that offers more.

THIS ROM IS NOT ROOTED:
    There are 3 different root apps out there in the wild and in the spirit of keeping everything as open as possible I have chosen NOT to include root, also I don't need root for anything that I do.

THIS ROM IS ODEXED:
    De-odexing a rom has many pros and cons to it, one of the pros being that any modification to any apk such as theming is easier since all of the parts and info would be in one place, the apk being modified. One of the cons of de-odexing is that apks would take longer to into memory and this takes a hit on performance, not anything that is major but one example is first boot after a flash takes way longer on de-odexed roms vs odexed roms. There are apps and scripts out there to run if you need to de-odex.

If you have an error or something pops up I ask that before you post about it please make sure that you are running the ROM as provided. I cannot troubleshoot anything that is related to using other kernels, mods, or themes.

Google Apps are NOT included:

DOWNLOAD:
    http://d-h.st/P0s

This rom is open source.

Source:
    https://github.com/jakdillard

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
    Like the ROM and want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246 DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.

CREDITS:
    AOSP - of course