[Q] GPE 4.4.4 Offline Charging behavior

Search This thread

FelipeMalagon

Aug 19, 2013
HI,
I've flashed the last 4.4.4 GPE update, but when I turn off my phone to charge it off, the phone shows the icon, and then the icon start to charge, but after that, ¡the screen does not turn off completely! The screen goes all black! If i press the button the battery icon shows again. but again... ¡The screen does not turn off completely!

I want to know if this behavior is normal :confused:
Who else have this behavior :confused:
If you don't have this behavior, how it should be :confused:

HI,
I've flashed the last 4.4.4 GPE update, but when I turn off my phone to charge it off, the phone shows the icon, and then the icon start to charge, but after that, ¡the screen does not turn off completely! The screen goes all black! If i press the button the battery icon shows again. but again... ¡The screen does not turn off completely!

Same for me, on a converted GPE from XT1032

bookworth

Jan 18, 2013
HI,

same.
possible solution: do not turn off while charging ;)

bookworth

Jan 18, 2013
But that is bad for the battery, isn't is?

No it isn't. Actually, at least in theory, it is a good thing because the charging current is lower and therefore the stress on battery chemistry is lower also.

In real life you should only turn your attention to these things:
- high temperature - NONO
- deep discharge (for example under 10%) - NO;
- never discharge the battery to 0%.

This is good reading:
http://gigaom.com/2011/06/29/why-lithium-ion-batteries-die-so-young/

Reactions: FelipeMalagon

Top Liked Posts