[Recovery] CWM Recovery v6.0.2.8 for XT925 and XT926 (**UPDATED**2013-02-19)

Search This thread
I want to say hello to the Razr HD community. For those who don't know my work, I develop the JellyBean rom for the Atrix. Today I built this recovery for Razr HD. It was tested making two backups, two partial restores, and one full restores at the time of this post.

THIS RECOVERY SHOULD BE USED ONLY ON RAZRHD XT925 WITH A UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER

For now, to keep as safe as possible, this recovery will not backup and will not restore pds or any other internal partition not listed here:
boot
system
cache
data
sdcard

Maybe you want to be sure this recovery will work and will not damage your phone. I suggest all installing this to make some tests with /cache partition: copy some file to /cache, execute a backup from recovery, format it and execute an advanced restore through recovery.

Download link:
http://goo.im/devs/epinter/cwmrecovery6015-xt925_20121104-epinter.img

The recovery should be flashed though fastboot:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery6015-xt925_20121104-epinter.img

Hope this helps everyone with a unlocked XT925.

Olá, vi que você é brasileiro e tem vasta experiência. Poderia, por favor me ajudar neste tópico. Eu sem querer apaguei uns 2 arquivos da minha pasta WIFI com o ROOT EXPLORER. Preciso muito que alguém que tenha o RAZR HD me envie um backup desta pasta. Caso possa me ajudar. Favor responder ao tópico ou no email: douglasbonno @ hotmail.com

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1973979

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon
This recovery backup and restores the boot partition (kernel). The best way to use a recovery with a locked bootloader is the safestrap or 2nd init.

As far as I know, the recovery partition can't be flashed on a motorola with locked bootloader (normally the recovery partition is locked too), I think the RazrHD works this way too.

Thanks but I don't kwon what "safestrap or 2nd init." are and how make it on locked xt925^^

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
I unlocked my XT925 using moto website at November 4th.

I checked on the motorola website and I can unlock it... question is... do I want to loose the warranty... :confused:

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I didnt resist... but if you find a way to restore Motorola logo at booloader... it would be great, this anoying warning fears me...

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon
I checked on the motorola website and I can unlock it... question is... do I want to loose the warranty... :confused:

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I didnt resist... but if you find a way to restore Motorola logo at booloader... it would be great, this anoying warning fears me...

+1 I already changed my phone, warrently isn't useless^^

How did Samsung users for exemple, I guess the bootloader is locked too

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
I tried the following command :

fastboot flash logo logo
(with logo provided from my OTA ROM)

flash was OK, but no change... still the warning.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Ok, here is the explanation :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901444

We just need to make one with the good resolution...
Any way to extract original "logo" file ?

Xadro

Apr 8, 2011
Hey guys,

tried to flash CWM recovery via fastboot, but no luck so far.
Whenever i try, i get the following output:

Code:

sending 'recovery' (6678 KB)...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.031s

I have unlocked the bootloader via Moto website, i'm on the international ed of the xt925.

Somehow, the bootloader seems to refuse to flash the img. Any ideas on that?

Last edited:

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
Hey guys,

Code:

FAILED (remote failure)

I have unlocked the bootloader via Moto website, i'm on the international ed of the xt925.

When you turn on your phone, you see a long warning text instead of the moto logo ? Did you try to download another fastboot tool ?

Xadro

Apr 8, 2011
Yes, i see that Text. And i also tried another fastboot tool. (mfastboot, found it here in the razr hd forum)

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Hi, just a question...
I made a backup this morning, and when I check it : it folder name is 2012.10.20 ... it should be 2012.11.12... (don't remember the real date order...)
The timestamp is really wrong...
Any idea to solve this ?

Also, is it possible to automaticaly move the cursor on "GO back" after a backup ? I always fail when I want to move and I lauch a backup again...

Thank you.

epinter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
Hi, just a question...
I made a backup this morning, and when I check it : it folder name is 2012.10.20 ... it should be 2012.11.12... (don't remember the real date order...)
The timestamp is really wrong...
Any idea to solve this ?

Also, is it possible to automaticaly move the cursor on "GO back" after a backup ? I always fail when I want to move and I lauch a backup again...

Thank you.

There's a problem with the kernel, if you look at the dmesg of a stock firmware, you will see some messages about a fail on RTC while saving time (this recovery uses the stock kernel). The time is never saved. The kernel built from source has the same problem. I'm not working on this yet, I'm working hard trying to make the wifi work with the kernel built from source.

If I missing something and someone has a working solution, please tell me.

I will look the go back menu option...

Last edited:

Xadro

Apr 8, 2011
Hey guys,

Code:

FAILED (remote failure)

Got it working.... it was a faulty usb cable >.<
Thank you guys anyway, especially you epinter for the cwm port :good:

estuardo4

Jul 7, 2009
Epinter, two questions:

How do yo make the Razr HD to use this CWM? I always go to the default recovery when I Press Power and volume + and - at the same time. When I installed using mfastboot, no error message was displayed. I have an unlocked bootloader.

What are your plans for the kernel? Battery life is awesome, so I guess overclocking can be one use of a modified kernel.

Thank you for your help.

gusbeto37

Oct 13, 2010
Monterrey
Currently installing. But somehow when I click your hiperlink to the download it takes me to cwmrecovery6015-xt925_20121104-epinter.img its missing the goo.im part

Reactions: epinter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to say hello to the Razr HD community. For those who don't know my work, I develop the JellyBean rom for the Atrix. Today I built this recovery for Razr HD.

Disclaimer:
    I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this recovery may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

THIS RECOVERY SHOULD BE USED ONLY ON RAZRHD WITH A UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER

Maybe you want to be sure this recovery will work and will not damage your phone. I suggest all installing this to make some tests with /cache partition: copy some file to /cache, execute a backup from recovery, format it and execute an advanced restore through recovery.

Download link:
    hhttp://goo.im/devs/epinter/cwmrecovery6028-xt925_20130219-epinter.img

The recovery should be flashed though fastboot:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery6028-xt925_20130219-epinter.img

Hope this helps everyone with a unlocked XT925.
    Hi,

I built latest CWM Touch 6.0.3.5 for XT925 on Recovery Builder.
    You will find it here : http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.org/job/recovery/34475/

It works well, just a little message at the bottom of CWM screen : warning no file_contexts
    Hello,

I just built latest Touch CWM 6.0.4.4 for XT925.

added in attachement.

Bye
    please is there flashable zip for 6.0.4.4 ? my pc does not work and I want to install from custum recovery

Use recovery tools from playstore to install any recovery from the phone..

Enviado desde mi RAZR HD mediante Tapatalk