[ROM][MULTILINGUAL][XPOSED] Lenovo A850 S121 ROW Open Source Edition

Search This thread

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
I have removed bloatware from the original rom. Also wherever possible replaced Lenovo specific applications
with open source ones. LED notifications work thanks to the integrated ButtonLED application.
You can select the SD card as the default storage

Instructions for installation:
First flash Linerty´s rom S116 or S121 (to double the amount of DATA space, ie. for better partitioning)

Then install this ROM via recovery (md5sum: 05ed1d5272ad2c80cf207587d4fc9fff recovery.img)
Alternative Download link

After first boot allow root permissions to ButtonLED and configure it for LED notifications (Except in the Lenovo A850 the led is green/led, the first option in autolocate)

More info on 1st post (Spanish) here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-11-10-21-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-10-21-54.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 13,035
Last edited:

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Thank you but shouldn't you post some more info? You only say how to install...

Please add:
- What is the rom features? (deferences with the original)
- Photos?
- Bugs?
- Referers? (who helped to make it)

The more info in Spanish is not a solution.

Me, as a user i already have a rom and i want to see why should i flash your rom before spending some time doing so...

Take a look in other roms topics to get the idea :)

Thank you in advance ^_^

Sent from my A850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kinurabi

Jun 21, 2008
Great ROM

This ROM is great. In fact it is the smoothest and the one with most options for customizing the phone. I like it

I heard MTK have released the code or smth. Do you guys think a cyanogenmod can be ported to our phone now? Or we lack something else?

Reactions: denis022

aliutak

Aug 20, 2012
Huy guy. My lenovo a850 stok rom S203. I flas using sp flash tool to rom S121 have move app to sd for this rom. After flash complete. I on phone cannot. I plug usb to phone no deteck my phone. Press button on cannot to on. Remove batery plug usb red lamp on. Insert battery lamp off. Help me guy
Sent from my Lenovo A850 using XDA Free mobile app

xysen0

Jan 21, 2009
hello,

After weeks of using and was really happy I have problem with text "insufficient storage..." when trying to install via Google Play.

In sysytem properties I have:
setting Default Write disk:

external storage
and next, spaces:

Internal Storage
Availiable: 9,30/29,71gb
Built-in
Availiable: 255/256mb
External Storage
Availiable: 9,3/29,71gb

cachefolder in root of the device is empty when iam tryingto check it via ESFileExplorer.

What should I do?

xysen0

Jan 21, 2009
Unistall a big app and try again. If your app is installed than you do not have space where your apps are going... the question is "where" are they going....
Thank you for your reply,

Just uninstalled AVG aantiuvirus without proper result, should uninstal next apps? I am also have lot of free space.

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850

Just uninstalled AVG aantiuvirus without proper result, should uninstal next apps? I am also have lot of free space.
If AVG was bigger than the app you are trying to install then something is messed up...

I looked again the spaces you provide and sth is not right...

Internal Storage
Availiable: 9,30/29,71gb
Built-in
Availiable: 255/256mb
External Storage
Availiable: 9,3/29,71gb
Both internal and external are 30 GB? And you have 9.3GB free space on both? Your have twecked sth there...

xysen0

Jan 21, 2009
If AVG was bigger than the app you are trying to install then something is messed up...

I looked again the spaces you provide and sth is not right...

Both internal and external are 30 GB? And you have 9.3GB free space on both? Your have twecked sth there...

I am using mSD mem card of capacity of 32 gb

I dont know, but I am near sure that I have similar situation from the beginning, when I changed the ROM. But that sounds strange from the begging also for me.

And the other sttrange thing - when I am tryiung to connect via MyphoneExplorer I cant get any records from phonebook, cal and SMSes.

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850

I am using mSD mem card of capacity of 32 gb

I dont know, but I am near sure that I have similar situation from the beginning, when I changed the ROM. But that sounds strange from the begging also for me.

And the other sttrange thing - when I am tryiung to connect via MyphoneExplorer I cant get any records from phonebook, cal and SMSes.
I do not know that app... Syncronize your contact with google and backup your SMS with an app from the store.
Flash the phone... and your problems will be lost...

Always make a backup before anything... (a backup from recovery)

xysen0

Jan 21, 2009
I do not know that app... Syncronize your contact with google and backup your SMS with an app from the store.
Flash the phone... and your problems will be lost...

Always make a backup before anything... (a backup from recovery)

Thank you again for reply,

Yes, I have backup. But could you maybe let me know any good and stable rom for that phone? Shoudl I flash the same rom now?

thank you

LupulAlb611

Oct 30, 2013
Bucharest
I believe that the most stable ROM is s121 from Linerty. Look it up on needrom.

I am using s121 from Linerty and it's not that stable as u might think. i got multiple force closed games,and the reknown " using SD card as default memory" is not working quite like that. i still got " low internal storage" errors. is this version more stable and using SD card as default memory correctly ?

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
I am using s121 from Linerty and it's not that stable as u might think. i got multiple force closed games,and the reknown " using SD card as default memory" is not working quite like that. i still got " low internal storage" errors. is this version more stable and using SD card as default memory correctly ?
I have completely no problems using Linerty's rom and if there is a rom with the most stable sd swap feature, that is linery's. I do not know what rom you are using or how you integrated it...

Top Liked Posts