[dlx][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
Philz v 6.12.8

Am I understanding correctly that this version still disables adb in recovery? No sideloading capability?

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
Thank you so much for replying. I'm not sure what has happened. Since I first flashed Philz Recovery via fastboot (I have since flashed the update two days ago) I have not been able to see my device with ADB in recovery. I try adb devices and get nothing.

If anyone has any suggestions or guidance I welcome it, otherwise I guess I got ot dig into why I only see my device via adb when booted.

Guess I had to go back to basics/beginning I think there is a driver conflict on this PC. Lost a HDD and haven't tried to use adb in recovery with it since. So looks like it's likely coincidence on the adb issues and the flashing tried a different device and have a different results. Google drivers weren't being recognized.

thanks all

Last edited:

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
6.15.4 (13.02.2014)
- update supersu to 1.93
- sync sources
- fix recovery reboot command (adb and shell) by adding the init sys.powerctl property control
- merge "fix mkfs.f2fs calling in roots"
- merge "fix mass storage in recovery"
- fix display current path when navigating backward in folders
- nandroid simple logging: Toggle logging of file names during nandroid to keep screen progress while speed up nandroid operations for some devices
- increase nice_interval to 300 msec (faster backup/restore on some devices)
- hide unused settings in nandroid settings menu (if we disable all progress on screen, hide non valid options)
- re-order nandroid settings menu
- add a toggle for fall back to pre-built update-binary to permit use of older update-binary in zip packages (doesn't persist on reboot).
This will fix the assert errors due to outdate update-binary. It could still be affected by assert error on device name getprop. However, that one is easier to fix by end users by editing updater-script. This is a workaround. The best is to hammer your rom cooker to update his scripts and binaries
- setting for signature check toggle on zip updates will be now saved on reboot
- aroma file manager: Mount vold managed volumes on launch from recovery
- free browse mode: Make it possible to install from any custom path even ramdisk
- free browse mode: Fix exceptions when setting up custom path
- free browse mode: Mount known volumes during setup
- free browse mode: Better handling of /data/media devices
- free browse mode: Mount vold managed volumes when navigating in
- htc one variants (m7): Fix charger
- htc evo 4g lte (jewel): Fix charger
- htc evo 4g lte (jewel): Update to new sense 5 partition layout (/data/media)
- htc evo 4g lte (jewel): Use exfat modules for much faster backup speed to exfat cards
- new: Moto g variants (falcon): Xt1028 xt1031 xt1032 xt1033 xt1034
- new: Moto g google play edition (falcon_gpe)
- new: Galaxy note 8.0 lte (n5120) support
- new: Hp touch (tenderloin), no touch
- fix potential logging issues
- fix compiler warnings
- clean up code and misc fixes

DaPitt84

Jan 8, 2008
I'm trying to run the image and it tells me md5 mismatch. What am I missing?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    Can you restore twrp backups or do you need to create new ones?

I was able to restore a TWRP backup when I switched the settings to TWRP mode.
    6.15.4 (13.02.2014)
    - update supersu to 1.93
    - sync sources
    - fix recovery reboot command (adb and shell) by adding the init sys.powerctl property control
    - merge "fix mkfs.f2fs calling in roots"
    - merge "fix mass storage in recovery"
    - fix display current path when navigating backward in folders
    - nandroid simple logging: Toggle logging of file names during nandroid to keep screen progress while speed up nandroid operations for some devices
    - increase nice_interval to 300 msec (faster backup/restore on some devices)
    - hide unused settings in nandroid settings menu (if we disable all progress on screen, hide non valid options)
    - re-order nandroid settings menu
    - add a toggle for fall back to pre-built update-binary to permit use of older update-binary in zip packages (doesn't persist on reboot).
    This will fix the assert errors due to outdate update-binary. It could still be affected by assert error on device name getprop. However, that one is easier to fix by end users by editing updater-script. This is a workaround. The best is to hammer your rom cooker to update his scripts and binaries
    - setting for signature check toggle on zip updates will be now saved on reboot
    - aroma file manager: Mount vold managed volumes on launch from recovery
    - free browse mode: Make it possible to install from any custom path even ramdisk
    - free browse mode: Fix exceptions when setting up custom path
    - free browse mode: Mount known volumes during setup
    - free browse mode: Better handling of /data/media devices
    - free browse mode: Mount vold managed volumes when navigating in
    - htc one variants (m7): Fix charger
    - htc evo 4g lte (jewel): Fix charger
    - htc evo 4g lte (jewel): Update to new sense 5 partition layout (/data/media)
    - htc evo 4g lte (jewel): Use exfat modules for much faster backup speed to exfat cards
    - new: Moto g variants (falcon): Xt1028 xt1031 xt1032 xt1033 xt1034
    - new: Moto g google play edition (falcon_gpe)
    - new: Galaxy note 8.0 lte (n5120) support
    - new: Hp touch (tenderloin), no touch
    - fix potential logging issues
    - fix compiler warnings
    - clean up code and misc fixes
    I sideloaded the gpe.. No problem

Æaa\../
    CM Updater

For those of you that get hasty and install things without reading the FAQ.

CMUpdater cannot flash downloaded files
    If you get a /sdcard/0 error, it means you have /sdcard set as /data/media/0 in recovery
    The reason is that CM app doesn't support /data/media/0 and is faking recovery with a /sdcard/0 implementation

You still can alter the setting and force it to /data/media in Advanced menu. This will give full compatibility with cwm, CM roms and CM Updater

Learn from my mistakes. Also the rude response I got in the 3 minutes before I edited my post in the Philz Recovery thread was the reason people hate this website.