[Q] Dead key on keyboard?

Search This thread

highlandsun

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
I have a remanufactured Droid 4 from Asurion, the slash key on the keyboard isn't working. I didn't notice when I first got it, so I'm wondering if somehow it's because of a bad keyboard mapping in the last OTA upgrade. Anyone else notice keyboard issues with 98.72.188.XT894.Verizon.en.US?

And how come I see some of you have 189? This was the last update I got and checking for other updates says it's all sync'd up.

highlandsun

Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
And Asurion now says they don't have any more Droid 4s in stock so they can't just send me a replacement. They're offering me a Samsung Stratosphere II instead. Anyone done a side-by-side comparison of these, any opinions?

musicmama

Apr 21, 2010
suburban Philly
And Asurion now says they don't have any more Droid 4s in stock so they can't just send me a replacement. They're offering me a Samsung Stratosphere II instead. Anyone done a side-by-side comparison of these, any opinions?

If you're talking about the BACK slash (\), then it's a system issue from the last update. If you're talking about the FRONT slash (/, physical key), then that's a problem with your individual phone.

Do whatever you can to STAY AWAY from the Stratosphere line!!! Its only virtue is the QWERTY keyboard, which is quickly outweighed by the overall cheapness of the build and the lack of further Samsung support. If you can live without the keyboard, you might have better replacement choices from Asurion. Apparently Moto has completely given up on this phone, which stinks because it was otherwise a pretty great phone.

highlandsun

Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
"Slash" always means forward-slash, only DOS/Windows folks ever called backslash slash.

Thanks for the advice about the stratosphere. It now looks like I'm going to keep this particular Droid4 - if I hit the slash key repeatedly, it eventually starts to respond. That will do for now.