XT9 input - A BIG REQUEST FOR INTERNATIONALIZATION!

Search This thread
The new ROMs of both Tom and Meschle contain the new Touch Keyboard / Keypad with xT9 predictive input. It's a good input panel which can be operated by fingers. But only for those writing in English or a few other languages (German, French, etc.) Those belonging to other, smaller nations (like me: Hungarian) usually also have WWE rom, but in case of xT9 we just envy the users of the most common languages...

I've made an extensive search and found a very similar system, also made by 'Tegic' for HTC Vox smartphone. It's downloadable from the Modaco forum and I did it. Looking inside the cab file I saw that the system it creates, including the reg settings, is like the one we already have in the new ROMs. It's very similar but certainly cannot be identical, because smartphones don't have virtual keyboard.

So, my idea would be to use the proper files and the required additional reg settings from the Vox cab and create cabs for each language it has. The Vox cab supports:

Turkish
Spanish
Slovak
Romanian
Portuguese
Polish
Italian
Hungarian
Greek
German
French
English
Dutch
Czech

All together 14 languages and each is supported by predictive dictionary too!

I think it's worth to try to make use of it! But I'm not a developer... So I make an appeal to our admired forum-mates, mainly Tom and Meschle, who successfuly integrated the Touch keyboard into their roms, to make an effort and create CABs for the additional languages if possible. You would make a lot of people happy - first of all: me :))

I tried but cannot upload the Vox cab file from my computer in my work, sorry. The link:

http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Vox-Vox-MoDaCo-com/254428/Pauls-Vox-eT9-Language-Pack/#entry853734

Disclaimer:

If I thought wrong and the two systems cannot be harmonised -- please, forgive me!

Thanks in advance all efforts - be successful or not.

cheers,

Cobra2

Jul 1, 2007
Odense
Can't see the DANISH Lang. :p

Plz if some 1 have it toooooo

Great post by the way, hope some of our GREAT dev. will follow up on it

Cobra2

Jul 1, 2007
Odense

Hay again, got the danish lang cab. but can.t figure out how to choose the t9 2 be danish, here is a couple of screen shots...

Can u give me a hint :D

Here is the one from the Smart Text
screenshot3xo3.jpg

And this is from HTC Touch Dual
screenshot4ts6.jpg

T9 is not the same as xT9. Languages in the link above can be a good base to create xT9 bases.

That's what I also said. I have and day by day use the HTC's 2 years old PhonePad app with T9HungarianLdb.dll, that is better than have nothing, but xT9 is more advanced since it makes possible the predictive input.

So, my appeal is still valid.

Cheers,

meschle

Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
The new ROMs of both Tom and Meschle contain the new Touch Keyboard / Keypad with xT9 predictive input. It's a good input panel which can be operated by fingers. But only for those writing in English or a few other languages (German, French, etc.) Those belonging to other, smaller nations (like me: Hungarian) usually also have WWE rom, but in case of xT9 we just envy the users of the most common languages...

I've made an extensive search and found a very similar system, also made by 'Tegic' for HTC Vox smartphone. It's downloadable from the Modaco forum and I did it. Looking inside the cab file I saw that the system it creates, including the reg settings, is like the one we already have in the new ROMs. It's very similar but certainly cannot be identical, because smartphones don't have virtual keyboard.

So, my idea would be to use the proper files and the required additional reg settings from the Vox cab and create cabs for each language it has. The Vox cab supports:

Turkish
Spanish
Slovak
Romanian
Portuguese
Polish
Italian
Hungarian
Greek
German
French
English
Dutch
Czech

All together 14 languages and each is supported by predictive dictionary too!

I think it's worth to try to make use of it! But I'm not a developer... So I make an appeal to our admired forum-mates, mainly Tom and Meschle, who successfuly integrated the Touch keyboard into their roms, to make an effort and create CABs for the additional languages if possible. You would make a lot of people happy - first of all: me :))

I tried but cannot upload the Vox cab file from my computer in my work, sorry. The link:

http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Vox-Vox-MoDaCo-com/254428/Pauls-Vox-eT9-Language-Pack/#entry853734

Disclaimer:

If I thought wrong and the two systems cannot be harmonised -- please, forgive me!

Thanks in advance all efforts - be successful or not.

cheers,

Hey ctibor - i am busy releasing roms at the mo

can someone unpack these cabs - xt9 needs kdb and lbd files in the language just for starters and also png files - but those could be made :)

No success so far...

xt9 needs kdb and lbd files in the language just for starters and also png files - but those could be made :)

Yes, the problem is that the Xt9 system of Vox and Excalibur stores the different dictionaries in .dll files, while the PPC WM6 Xt9 uses .ldb files.

I've tried to hack the system, extracting the Hungarian dll from the Vox cab, copying it to Windows, simply renaming it to ldb and adding Hungarian values to the registry but without any success. :-(

Someone with more knowlegde and experience is needed, since I still believe that it's somehow possible!

Last edited:

meschle

Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
Yes, the problem is that the Xt9 system of Vox and Excalibur stores the different dictionaries in .dll files, while the PPC WM6 Xt9 uses .ldb files.

I've tried to hack the system, extracting the Hungarian dll from the Vox cab, copying it to Windows, simply renaming it to ldb and adding Hungarian values to the registry but without any success. :-(

Someone with more knowlegde and experience is needed, since I still believe that it's somehow possible!

hmm that may make it difficult or impossible - shame

I have a good news and a bad one.

The good news is that someone extracted the Touch keyboard's Xt9 files for 14 languages from a new rom!

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/68813010/DualOEMKeyBoard.rar.html

So, sooner or later we will have it in cab file, I'm sure. (The best would be to create different CABs: English + one more language.)

The bad news is that some smaller European languages are NOT SUPPORTED, e.g. Danish, and - unfortunately - Hungarian. :-((

I tried to send an e-mail to Tegic's website but it leads to http://www.nuance.com/t9/xt9/
and it's practically impossible to reach the developer by e-mail... (you can check it if you want)

So my last hope it that the Smartphone system can somehow be 'ported' to our Artemises with the help of a real developer, member of our community.

geezer78

Apr 6, 2007
would love a cab file

The good news is that someone extracted the Touch keyboard's Xt9 files for 14 languages from a new rom!

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/68813010/DualOEMKeyBoard.rar.html

So, sooner or later we will have it in cab file, I'm sure. (The best would be to create different CABs: English + one more language.)

Good Work Ctibor! Unfortunately for you and others who's language is not included... but really nice for the others (i would love to see a dutch cab)

But as far as i understand these are oem files, therefore they can be used in creating a rom?!

Who could help us out and make a cab for standalone instalation?

thanks in advance,

Gijs

Andre13

Sep 28, 2007
moscow
Can, is simple enough copy all files from archive in a folder windows? meschle, prompt, please - all to you will be grateful!!!:)) whether it is possible to add or expand languages of the keyboard??!!! In advance many thanks!

Cobra2

Jul 1, 2007
Odense

The bad news is that some smaller European languages are NOT SUPPORTED, e.g. Danish, and - unfortunately - Hungarian. :-((

Thanx for trien, found this thread with the HTC keyboard_Dual with some different lang. inc. the Danish but still not the Hungarian :( , Patr!k is just awaitin the .cab file....

Here is the lang. inc. :
czech, danish, dutch, english, finnish, french, german, italian, norwegian, polish, portuguese, russian, spanish, swedish

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=344533

Last edited: