[ROM][03.23.13] CyanogenMod 10 on HTC DNA; Audio WIP)

Search This thread

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Re: [ROM] CyanogenMod 10.0 on HTC DNA [Updated: 02.22.13; some radio progress]

Does some radio progress mean wifi work ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CHRISTOPHERg

Mar 18, 2011
Heredia

Some.... I cant wait

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

TGreg104

Nov 25, 2012
I think that everyone should just let drew do whatever he likes. He is doing this for free so learn some patience. Aosp will come when it is done. If you want it faster then help out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Why do people on here feel the need to defend devs so hardcore, they're grown men (most). They know we are thankful. If you look at the OP he asked us for our opinion on what he should tackle first. No need to puff out your chest brah. And I'll be the first to admit, even though I've tried multiple times, as much as I'd love to help out, I just can't, its far above me.

But on topic, thats good to know about the ril being the same. Im down for whatever ever he wants to put out but it just seems to make sense to finish the one thats the closest then start on the 10.1.

The thing I've come to love about android is that ANYTHING is possible on these phones, it just takes time and patients. I'm sure before its all said and done, we'll have everything our little hearts desire, this phone deserves it. Such a beast.:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: atishpatel2012

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
I agree. Everyone isn't a troll. Devs can chose to address the post or ignore it, and the post might help the dev get an idea of what their audience wants.

RIL progress is great news! I can't wait to see CM working on this great device! :) Keep up the great work drew!

aFancyTickler

Dec 5, 2012
why do people on here feel the need to defend devs so hardcore, they're grown men (most). They know we are thankful. If you look at the op he asked us for our opinion on what he should tackle first. No need to puff out your chest brah. And i'll be the first to admit, even though i've tried multiple times, as much as i'd love to help out, i just can't, its far above me.

But on topic, thats good to know about the ril being the same. Im down for whatever ever he wants to put out but it just seems to make sense to finish the one thats the closest then start on the 10.1.

The thing i've come to love about android is that anything is possible on these phones, it just takes time and patients. I'm sure before its all said and done, we'll have everything our little hearts desire, this phone deserves it. Such a beast.:good:

+1000000000000000000000000000000

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010

Why do people on here feel the need to defend devs so hardcore, they're grown men (most). They know we are thankful. If you look at the OP he asked us for our opinion on what he should tackle first. No need to puff out your chest brah. And I'll be the first to admit, even though I've tried multiple times, as much as I'd love to help out, I just can't, its far above me.

The thing I've come to love about android is that ANYTHING is possible on these phones, it just takes time and patients. I'm sure before its all said and done, we'll have everything our little hearts desire, this phone deserves it. Such a beast.:good:

Mainly because most people on these forums are ungrateful. The devs may be grown men/women however you can only take so much. I've watched numerous devs walk away from here due to repeated condescending posts. Hell even some in this phones development. So yeah, I will Always back a dev. Nothing to do with "puffing my chest" but everything to do with common courtesy. These devs don't have to do Anything for us. They could mod their own phones and leave us to dry. Instead they share. That's all it is.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk HD

CovXX

Dec 30, 2011
NJ
Mainly because most people on these forums are ungrateful. The devs may be grown men/women however you can only take so much. I've watched numerous devs walk away from here due to repeated condescending posts. Hell even some in this phones development. So yeah, I will Always back a dev. Nothing to do with "puffing my chest" but everything to do with common courtesy. These devs don't have to do Anything for us. They could mod their own phones and leave us to dry. Instead they share. That's all it is.

i have a question for you...sup with the donate button ?

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
Why do people on here feel the need to defend devs so hardcore, they're grown men (most). They know we are thankful.

When you've got hundreds of people waiting for a near complete ROM, it goes from a good combo of criticism and praise to a large amount of unfair criticism and almost zero praise. Nothing wrong with telling people you like their stuff but that is what the "thanks" button is for.

That being said, I have seen plenty of great developers who were so close to sharing their complete code just up and leave a dev community because the people who are clueless keep hassling them for the release "now". Sometimes it's necessary to point out to the devs that the rest of the community here does in fact appreciate there work but are just patiently waiting. Best thing we can all do though is not bother the dev, tell them you appreciate them, and wait patiently for updates.

tslagle13

Apr 1, 2008

Keep up the good work Drew. Much appreciated!!

Sent from my Droid DNA

Reactions: azndan2

mbwsutherland

Dec 5, 2012

Any help on flashing?
Flash boot img
Flash zip

Is that all
What's the radio log for ?

SENT VIA S_OFF'D CUBED VIPER DNA

germanmafia88

Nov 24, 2012

Thanks drew and anyone else who's working on this.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Any help on flashing?
Flash boot img
Flash zip

Is that all
What's the radio log for ?

SENT VIA S_OFF'D CUBED VIPER DNA

Judging from that post, you shouldn't be messing with this yet, its not really operational and you'll spend 5 minutes and flash back anyways.

You'll need to flash the boot.img, the zip, gapps and the log is for us to help debug on, not relevant to installation itself. You can probably skip the gapps for now, but you will need it for stuff like play store to work properly.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010

Lol I forgot that was there. Helped on the tbolt with some stuff. I can't even see it on the mobile app.

You don't have to apologize - even if you'd never done a line of code in your life, you've been very helpful to users in answering their requests for help.

Reactions: idkwhothatis123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png

[ Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Build on HTC DNA ]
    git @ https://github.com/drewx2/android/ (Updated to download all necessary repos)

..CURRENT BUILD NOTES/HISTORY..

03.24.13: CM10 doesn't include support for csd-client enabled phones (which we need). I have built a work around for it to utilize our csd-client lib; hopefully it brings audio one step closer.

My audio changes can be found at a separate git repo @ https://github.com/drewx2/android_hardware_qcom

03.23.13: Current Audio Status

I have some time to look at things, so here just getting started and thought I would post the first strace for those interested. Looks promising and not too difficult.
    Code:
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioHardwareALSA\0", 18}, {"ucm instance opened: 1082445752\0", 32}], 3) = 51
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"int android::load_audio_interfac"..., 103}], 3) = 117
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"loadHwModule() error -22 loading"..., 49}], 3) = 63
    writev(4, [{"\5", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"could not open HW module primary"..., 33}], 3) = 57
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Not output found for attached de"..., 47}], 3) = 71
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Failed to open primary output\0", 30}], 3) = 54
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {205, 684889413}) = 0
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyService\0", 19}, {"couldn't init_check the audio po"..., 54}], 3) = 74
    ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbe961a28)        = 0

Complete strace available here: http://bit.ly/Xx3M0v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be any builds posted until one of the "not working" items has been fixed. I mostly likely will focus on audio this weekend.

If you have something meaningful to share, please visit http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=CM10DNA

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi *now* really working

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi now working.

Enable 3 dot menu: Settings -> Hardware keys -> Show action overflow [check]

Working:
    Radio/RIL (no sound, so can't hear yet), SMS / MMS, 3G / 4G Data, Display, Orientation, Sensors, Lights, NFC, Torch, GPS (not tested), Wifi

Not working:
    Camera, Audio, Bluetooth

To Do list
    I plan to do bionic/kernel optimizations once all features working.

..INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS..
    If you do not have S-OFF, you need to unzip the file and flash the boot.img inside via fastboot.

Install Instructions:
    1) Download http://bit.ly/W0RAY8
    2) Reboot to recovery of your choosing; wipe system/data/dalvik-cache/cache.
    3) Install downloaded zip
    4) Reboot.
    5) Enjoy.

Google Apps @ http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

.SPECIAL THANKS FOR DONATING.
    RuinedByMTV, drmp3z
    kronikings, danahern, karn101, Majik Mushroomz, Matt P., Matt B., pio_masaki, Droidika, Wheelchairmitch, MrIcky, liquidhaste, jamiethemorris, rainabba

.SPECIAL THANKS.
    Flyhalf205, x3demond3x[debugging]
    dsb9938 [cmdline boot option]
    x3demond3x [egl fix]
    Jarocks [resized bootanimation/debugging], pio_masaki [debugging],

jcase [unlock], dees_troy [twrp], beaups, jcase, Dr_Drache, dsb9938 [S-OFF]
    .... and of course the CyanogenMod team and those who laid the foundation for the DNA....

..WANT TO HELP? HERE ARE SOME DEBUGGING TIPS..
    1) Flash boot.img
    2) On cmdline do "adb logcat"

If you're ever in the mood to donate, don't forget about the others that have helped advance the HTC DNA to new levels (e.g. dsb9938, jcase, Dr_Drache, beaups, CM team, or XDA for bringing us all together!). Although, I may be working on CM and it may seem like a completely different project, in many ways we all rely on each other to help make the DNA better. :)
    4g data working
    Radio is now completely working. I just made my first call to myself :)
    Wifi fixed. Will upload zip shortly after I figure out which one of my builds fixed it...

Do I have to fix pretty much everything? lol...what happened with all the other devs out there?

odKm3ST.jpg
    Zip is up with complete working radio. Test away.