B506 Results

Search This thread

Thot95

Mar 1, 2014
I'd installed and tested the build B506 (Unicom) with Android KK 4.4.2 for Huawei Ascend P6-U06 Int. Ver. Everything went smooth and Smartphone worked perfectly. For Google Apps (Contact Sync, Maps, Play Store..) this can be downloaded from the Chinese market (Huawei App Center), just type Google and install the requested apps from the first package that appears. Only the latest CN version of the Vroot is working for Root. IN CASE THAT YOU'LL INSTALL THE "ROOT BROWSER", DO NOT INSTALL THE TOOLS AND REQUESTED FEATURES (BUSYBOX, SQL DRIVER...) THIS WILL MAKE YOU LOOSE THE ROOT ACCESS FOR THE APPS, and the only that I'd found to get it again was to reinstall the firmware, and apply the Root again. Be careful in case of installing apps that needs to install extra features to work through root. BusyBox Free worked with no problem.

The rollback to B132 and B125 failed through the hard reset (using the stock recovery)*.

Only users from South Africa reported problems with Internet Access, Costa Rica networks should no have this problem (I didn't had it with Claro). HSPA+ not available.

Battery life is more stable than B125 and B132.

Secure & tested root apps:
-Android Tweaker 2
-BusyBox
-Go task Manager
-GPS Essentials
-SetCPU
-Faster GPS
-Avast Anti-Theft
-ES File Explorer (Replace Root Browser): For root file exploring and editing New!
-BusyBox Installer By JRummy Apps Inc. (Replace Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) because of better perfomance and do not affect root access) New!
-CPU tuner (Rooted phones): Better performance than Set CPU New!

*Report if is possible to rollback to B125 or B132

Last edited:
Reactions: ChampMEon and warea

SorynZ

Jan 30, 2010
As I remember reading, there is a way to revert to JB. It's in a thread about the b506 firmware. I'm on my phone now and can't search for it. Will post the link when I have some PC access.

Speed isn't what kills you.. the sudden stop does! Oh, and stupidity..

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I don't have any issues with network access on Vodacom, South Africa. I think it might be network specific then? I've reinstalled the firmware so many times, and I've never had issues with my data.

Just so everyone knows that it's not the whole of South Africa with issues [emoji4]

Sent from my Huawei P6

Reactions: ChampMEon

flintzen_123

Jul 29, 2012
I don't have any issues with network access on Vodacom, South Africa. I think it might be network specific then? I've reinstalled the firmware so many times, and I've never had issues with my data.

Just so everyone knows that it's not the whole of South Africa with issues [emoji4]

Sent from my Huawei P6
I have a problem with my reception. If invoking the handset from Standby the first thing it does is releasing the network connection. After a few seconds it comes back. Had this behavior also with the B132, only B125 was working normally for me. By the way I am located in Germany and using T-Mobile/MobilcomDebitel.

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have a problem with my reception. If invoking the handset from Standby the first thing it does is releasing the network connection. After a few seconds it comes back. Had this behavior also with the B132, only B125 was working normally for me. By the way I am located in Germany and using T-Mobile/MobilcomDebitel.

I see. I haven't noticed that happening with my device, but I'll check if it happens when I'm out, because I have really bad signal at home.

Sent from my Huawei P6

SorynZ

Jan 30, 2010

The rollback to B132 and B125 failed through the hard reset (using the stock recovery)*.

As I remember reading, there is a way to revert to JB. It's in a thread about the b506 firmware. I'm on my phone now and can't search for it. Will post the link when I have some PC access.

Here's what I was talking about.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51577711&postcount=178
Good luck downgrading.

lion6808

Mar 25, 2010
B506 Network

Hello,

Synce i've update to B506 i can only connected to 3G network and no more to HSDPA !!
Have someone the same problem ? ANd how can i activate my H+

Thank's

neodante

Apr 12, 2011
Lepe
twitter.com
Hello,

Synce i've update to B506 i can only connected to 3G network and no more to HSDPA !!

Thank's

I'm on 506 and can use 3G and 2G

uma2esu9.jpg

Thot95

Mar 1, 2014
Unlocking HSDPA+ and HSDPA

Hello,

Thank's

Try adding "ro.config.hspap_hsdpa_open=1" (without quotes) on the build.prop file, it worked for me. Need root access. The file is located on "/system". This build use GSM only if there's no 3g or + networks. (only 2G/GSM configuration available on configuration menu).

amir_loh66

Apr 13, 2014

Sent from my Huawei P6

I faced mobile data problem after upgrading to B506 :( , I am from Middle east!! then I tried to downgrade to B125 but it failed, so I used TWRP to use a root rom and then tried B125 again

remejuan

Jul 19, 2011
I see. I haven't noticed that happening with my device, but I'll check if it happens when I'm out, because I have really bad signal at home.

Sent from my Huawei P6

How is yours working, I cannot get it working on Telkom, Vodacom or CellC. I have no apn settings, even after getting the provisioning message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd installed and tested the build B506 (Unicom) with Android KK 4.4.2 for Huawei Ascend P6-U06 Int. Ver. Everything went smooth and Smartphone worked perfectly. For Google Apps (Contact Sync, Maps, Play Store..) this can be downloaded from the Chinese market (Huawei App Center), just type Google and install the requested apps from the first package that appears. Only the latest CN version of the Vroot is working for Root. IN CASE THAT YOU'LL INSTALL THE "ROOT BROWSER", DO NOT INSTALL THE TOOLS AND REQUESTED FEATURES (BUSYBOX, SQL DRIVER...) THIS WILL MAKE YOU LOOSE THE ROOT ACCESS FOR THE APPS, and the only that I'd found to get it again was to reinstall the firmware, and apply the Root again. Be careful in case of installing apps that needs to install extra features to work through root. BusyBox Free worked with no problem.

Only users from South Africa reported problems with Internet Access, Costa Rica networks should no have this problem (I didn't had it with Claro). HSPA+ not available.

Battery life is more stable than B125 and B132.

Secure & tested root apps:
    -Android Tweaker 2
    -BusyBox
    -Go task Manager
    -GPS Essentials
    -SetCPU
    -Faster GPS
    -Avast Anti-Theft
    -ES File Explorer (Replace Root Browser): For root file exploring and editing New!
    -BusyBox Installer By JRummy Apps Inc. (Replace Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) because of better perfomance and do not affect root access) New!
    -CPU tuner (Rooted phones): Better performance than Set CPU New!

Here's what I was talking about.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51577711&postcount=178
    Good luck downgrading.

Sent from my Huawei P6