[VIDEO GUIDES] How To ROOT, Roms, Recovery, Bootloader Unlock and More!

Search This thread

Galaxynote1234

Jun 22, 2012
Here is the instructions I followed way back when to get the SDK on my mac all set up. User xjedi was the one who helped me. I copied this directly from that thread...

I ended up using the new Stump root method, seemed dummy proof and a lot easier. Worked flawlessly and I'm now backing up all the data with titanium backup. Thanks for your help!

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
I ended up using the new Stump root method, seemed dummy proof and a lot easier. Worked flawlessly and I'm now backing up all the data with titanium backup. Thanks for your help!

Hey no problem. Stump root was just a few days too late for me, but it's definitely worth looking into learning ADB commands on your mac. Try playing with your old phone (if you have it and it's rootable). You'll learn a lot and you never know what root methods will be available in the future. They all start with adb before they get packaged into a nice little app like Stump root.

Galaxynote1234

Jun 22, 2012
Hey no problem. Stump root was just a few days too late for me, but it's definitely worth looking into learning ADB commands on your mac. Try playing with your old phone (if you have it and it's rootable). You'll learn a lot and you never know what root methods will be available in the future. They all start with adb before they get packaged into a nice little app like Stump root.

I have my GS3 that I will experiment on using adb. Doesn't hurt to learn a new method :D

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010
Are the end results from StumpRoot and this IORoot the same?

Any end-of-the-day difference, or pros/cons of doing it one way or the other (besides the task of actually doing it)? (Going back to stock the same, OTA's handled the same, etc)

TIA

owenbeals

Aug 24, 2010
Should be no difference. Stump root is simpler as it's a one click app.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts