[Q] Omnia 7 x Lumia 800

Search This thread

xpc21

Oct 19, 2011
Belo Horizonte
cargocollective.com
So, I have an Omnia 7 and am really happy with it, I think it's a great phone with a great operating system, even if it is a phone that was launched in 2010, I think it is still modern and up to date.

Now, I bought a Nokia N9 and really liked the display and finishing materials so
I started thinking what could be if WP had it, then imagine what could
be Lumia 800...

Well, comparing both phones i check that:

3G Network Frequencies:

Lumia 800: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
Omnia 7: HSDPA 900 / 2100

Dimensions and Weight:

Lumia 800: 116.5 x 61.2 x 12.1 mm, 76.1 cc 142g
Omnia 7: 122.4 x 64.2 x 11 mm 138g

Display:

Lumia 800: AMOLED 16M colors 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches (~252 ppi pixel density)
Omnia 7: Super AMOLED 16M colors 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density)

Camera:

Lumia 800: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, dual-LED flash
Omnia 7: 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

Chipset, CPU and GPU:

Lumia 800: Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon 1.4 GHz Scorpion Adreno 205
Omnia 7: Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon 1 GHz Scorpion Adreno 200

Battery:

Lumia 800: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1450 mAh (BV-5JW)
Omnia 7: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh

Well, i got this results and what i think that:

Lumia 800 wins in 3G network, camera and Chipset,CPU and GPU
Omnia 7 wins in display and battery

What u thinks guys? Does it worth changing? If anynone could help me with good facts, i really appreciate.

Thanks!

Freypal

Mar 14, 2009
Shropshire
I have had an Omnia 7 since November 2010 - It's been great but I've had terrible network troubles since the Mango update.

I'm now due an upgrade and I think I will be going for the Lumia 800.

I was going to wait for the 900 but I really don't think I'd want anything bigger than the Omnia 7 which is already borderline in terms of size for me. The 800 is gorgeous in person and feels great in the hand. Plus Nokia seem to actually care about their users.

Reactions: xpc21

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
I was going to wait for the 900 but I really don't think I'd want anything bigger than the Omnia 7 which is already borderline in terms of size for me.

That's obviously a matter of personal preference and hand size.

I, for example, find 4.3 the ideal screen size, and some additional bulk does not bother me. Also, 900 does not use pentile, which is a big plus for me, since i read a lot on the phone.

Freypal

Mar 14, 2009
Shropshire
That's obviously a matter of personal preference and hand size.

I, for example, find 4.3 the ideal screen size, and some additional bulk does not bother me. Also, 900 does not use pentile, which is a big plus for me, since i read a lot on the phone.

I've never had an issue with the pentile display and I also read a lot on mine using the kindle app for example.

fadenfisch95

Mar 28, 2012
Freiburg
Nokia Apps

I have omnia 7, too, and its great. I love the amoled display with its great colors, and that is the big difference entering the nokia and the samsung.
But Nokia provides some special apps like maps, drive and (new) public transport.
This might be an advantage if you dont plan to flash or unlock ur device...

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
I have omnia 7, too, and its great. I love the amoled display with its great colors, and that is the big difference entering the nokia and the samsung.
But Nokia provides some special apps like maps, drive and (new) public transport.

Nokia Lumia also uses amoled.

Reactions: jullian_d

fadenfisch95

Mar 28, 2012
Freiburg
Sorry @d.a.v.o.r , i meant to say super amoled, wich is Standing against a amoled Display in the Nokia lumia 800

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

johnny.g

Nov 17, 2009
London
I've just upgraded from Omnia 7 to Lumia 800.. the 3g issue finally got to me & then Samsung said 3 weeks to fix.. so purelygadgets had one at £340 (their service is great BTW & a UK spec as well).

The Lumia is a great upgrade I think..
Improvements:
the call quality is noticeably superior
Performance (90 vs 60 on WPBench);
the battery lasts 50-100% longer;
music (over BT at least)
Build quality
Camera - especially w/flash..
Nokia apps - Nokia Drive & Creative Studio especially.
Disadvantages
No Removable battery - sufficiently worried to go & buy an auxillary battery from Amazon for £20.

The screen is pretty equal - the better black of the Lumia vs the slightly bigger Sammy.

I have none of the reported issues - loose keys , poor battery poor Bass; perhaps that's because it's been out 6 months & they've sorted out the issues.

lastly its' obvious Nokia is much more committed to WP7 & phones in general - so will keep the phone updated with new features as they roll out..

Reactions: sermann

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had an Omnia 7 since November 2010 - It's been great but I've had terrible network troubles since the Mango update.

I'm now due an upgrade and I think I will be going for the Lumia 800.

I was going to wait for the 900 but I really don't think I'd want anything bigger than the Omnia 7 which is already borderline in terms of size for me. The 800 is gorgeous in person and feels great in the hand. Plus Nokia seem to actually care about their users.

Nokia Lumia also uses amoled.
    I've just upgraded from Omnia 7 to Lumia 800.. the 3g issue finally got to me & then Samsung said 3 weeks to fix.. so purelygadgets had one at £340 (their service is great BTW & a UK spec as well).

The Lumia is a great upgrade I think..
    Improvements:
    the call quality is noticeably superior
    Performance (90 vs 60 on WPBench);
    the battery lasts 50-100% longer;
    music (over BT at least)
    Build quality
    Camera - especially w/flash..
    Nokia apps - Nokia Drive & Creative Studio especially.
    Disadvantages
    No Removable battery - sufficiently worried to go & buy an auxillary battery from Amazon for £20.

The screen is pretty equal - the better black of the Lumia vs the slightly bigger Sammy.

I have none of the reported issues - loose keys , poor battery poor Bass; perhaps that's because it's been out 6 months & they've sorted out the issues.

lastly its' obvious Nokia is much more committed to WP7 & phones in general - so will keep the phone updated with new features as they roll out..