[ROM] 3-11-12|Sprint Updated 3 Final!! (inspired by sprint lovers!)

What Icon set (batt,notifications) should be in Sprint Updated??

• Stock Stock Stock

Votes: 80 27.4%
  • Sprint Lover's Rom inspired

Votes: 105 36.0%
  • go all out and add some funky ones!

Votes: 107 36.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

SteveGrandRapids

May 13, 2011
West Michigan
. . I just checked my phone and have 164mb internal storage available . . haven't looked at that in quite a while, but it seems ok . . . and I am not using aps2sd, but do move aps to sd that it allows me to . . .

Reactions: brad560

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
Did you take the short cut like I did when first flashing this ROM? By that I mean, did you flash and then let TB re-install all the apps rather than re-download and re-install each one manually?

Have you tried going into manage apps and using "move to Sd card"?
I couldn't get the official Facebook app to install to the card until I un-installed it and re-downloaded it, fyi.

As you can see from my post above, I still only have 130 to 140 megs free on mu internal memory.

Yes, that is the way that I always have done it (let TB reinstall the apps) and havent had an issue before. I didnt move the apps to SD card, because I thought casued issues with using a2sd, is this correct?

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
ok guys got my base down, and i am testing a version of my rom that is pretty bare bones, i have seen all the threads recently about the apps2sd, i am shooting for 200-250mb of free space after the rom install, is this enough free space?

i know alot of you will go in and uninstall some of the bloatware and such, i am just aiming for ease of use, and for the users who use apps2sd i want to still make it as easy as possible to set that up as well.

as far as added apps, i have amazon appstore, dsp manager, es file explorer, google music and wireless tether, i think that should be enough?

SteveGrandRapids

May 13, 2011
West Michigan
ok guys got my base down, and i am testing a version of my rom that is pretty bare bones, i have seen all the threads recently about the apps2sd, i am shooting for 200-250mb of free space after the rom install, is this enough free space?

i know alot of you will go in and uninstall some of the bloatware and such, i am just aiming for ease of use, and for the users who use apps2sd i want to still make it as easy as possible to set that up as well.

as far as added apps, i have amazon appstore, dsp manager, es file explorer, google music and wireless tether, i think that should be enough?

Sounds good . . people can always add/remove what they need/like . . .

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
Vouch

Vouch for this dude, i used to do a similar rom but just couldnt keep up with the updates, so props to you.

I was gonna update my rom but since there inspired by the same rom, then technically would be the same, so im gonna start a new project.

Awesome work bro.

Reactions: brad560

ca1ne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 16, 2011
East Coast
Vouch for this dude, i used to do a similar rom but just couldnt keep up with the updates, so props to you.

I was gonna update my rom but since there inspired by the same rom, then technically would be the same, so im gonna start a new project.

Awesome work bro.

Welcome back bro, how have you been..

davisondan

Mar 6, 2011
have been running earlier rom and update to your latest, everything great smooth, doesnt seem to have any available space problem. only thing is haven't been able to get wifi tether to work. It looks like it is running properly but my tablet doesn't connect up. looked through most of this tread and haven't found a fix any ideas?

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
Welcome back bro, how have you been..

Thanks, yea its been a while.
Been seeing your work popping up all over the place bro tho, nice work bro.

What im most likely gonna do now is decapitate my old rom and start My new Rom, got alot of ideas floating around, havent made a name yet, but ill do that later, im working on the base mods now.:eek:

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
i have only used english, you should be able to change the language in settings?

anyone else can chime in here?

rjd728

Oct 1, 2010
Very Smooth

I flashed this last night and restored all of my apps via Titanium. I must say....I am quite impressed. Not a single glitch thus far. Very smooth, snappy and stable. I'm looking forward to your next release. Thanks again! :D

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
The language files are preinstalled Unless u removed it brad, it should be there when u select it language on first boot, or in settings menu.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

i did not remove any language files, so it should be good to go for spanish :)

sidenote, spending time with my daughter (flew her in from rhode island) on my vacation, but haven't forgotten about you guys!

Reactions: 1range

abs99

Feb 17, 2007
How to enable speech to text?

Hi Brad -

I had been running Sprint Lovers for a while and then upgraded a friend's EVO to your ROM. It looked really good to me and so, when I was ready to upgrade I loaded your newest ROM, version 3 final. It also is working great, as I had expected, no complaints at all. However, my friend mentioned that she was thinking about going back to stock because the speech to text feature (press the mic symbol on the keyboard) was not functioning in her ROM. I never used that feature, but tested on the new version and it also seemed not to function. I am guessing I have to activate it, install something, or change a setting to make it work on your ROM. Can you provide me with some guidance how to get this to function?

Thanks again for all your work pulling together such an awesome ROM.

Regards,

Andrew

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
Hi Brad -

I had been running Sprint Lovers for a while and then upgraded a friend's EVO to your ROM. It looked really good to me and so, when I was ready to upgrade I loaded your newest ROM, version 3 final. It also is working great, as I had expected, no complaints at all. However, my friend mentioned that she was thinking about going back to stock because the speech to text feature (press the mic symbol on the keyboard) was not functioning in her ROM. I never used that feature, but tested on the new version and it also seemed not to function. I am guessing I have to activate it, install something, or change a setting to make it work on your ROM. Can you provide me with some guidance how to get this to function?

Thanks again for all your work pulling together such an awesome ROM.

Regards,

Andrew

i honestly never use the function, i assume you would just have to activate it? i know i didn't take out any of that functionality. and thank you for your kind words.

Reactions: AlvinT

1range

Sep 24, 2011
Just mentioning I use the speak to text feature...no additional steps taken...it seems to work fine providing there's a good signal....

Running on Sprint Updated 3

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

abs99

Feb 17, 2007
I just checked this on my wife's EVO and it works as I would expect. For example, I start an e-mail, select the body of the message, press the microphone button on the keyboard and speak. The phone very quickly translates my voice into text on the screen. I checked the settings on her phone in the section called Voice Input and Output Settings and I can see something called Voice Recognizer Settings which I do not see on the Sprint Updated 3 ROM. I am guessing this is why it isn't working - the function is not installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Andrew

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I just checked this on my wife's EVO and it works as I would expect. For example, I start an e-mail, select the body of the message, press the microphone button on the keyboard and speak. The phone very quickly translates my voice into text on the screen. I checked the settings on her phone in the section called Voice Input and Output Settings and I can see something called Voice Recognizer Settings which I do not see on the Sprint Updated 3 ROM. I am guessing this is why it isn't working - the function is not installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Andrew
Do you have Voice Search and Speech Synthesis installed? I believe those are necessary for Speech-to-Text to work properly (at least Voice Search is, I think).

ROM: MikG v3.11 w/ICS Lite Theme | Kernel: Underworld v0.4 SBC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint Updated version 3 Final for your Evo!!!! (a big thanks to chris1683, as his "Sprint Lovers" rom has always been my inspiration for the sprint updated series.)

this rom would not be possible without the contributions and opinions of the xda community! thanks to all who have downloaded all the betas.

and a big big BIG thank you to all the developers who have supported me, means so much!!!

* 4.67.651.3 base (latest base from HTC)
    * root, busybox, zip-aligned, data/app functionality, run parts support.

* radios/pri/nv/wi-fi single updates are not included, this is not a pc36img.

* native screenshot (edited my own build prop) (thank you to freeza & swagstr!)
    * 4 in 1 Reboot, 3G Unlocked Hotspot, Quick Settings, (thanks to all the dev's for their 4.67 mods!) (Deodex'ed only)

* A2SD built in
    * collection of apps for your daily needs. including amazon app store
    * stock kernel
    * Sprint "Bloatware" (NFL, Nascar, Telenav, Sprint TV, Nova, Blockbuster, etc) can be removed easily. Some up to date, some not due to /app issues.

* capable of different boot animations
    * additional htc widgets
    * I decided to not have any theming for the final version, a themed version is in the works.
    * wi fi tether included (latest beta - experimental)
    * New Play Store included! tried to update as many apps as i could as of today.
    * tweaked, stock feel and performance!

bugs: none that i can see, let me know if you encounter any! I am always trying to make this rom better, as i learn how to cook i love to change features based on user input!

Download Links

Version 3 Final

Deodex'ed: http://dev-host.org/wZy

Odexed: coming soon.

Again, I am new at all this! and I am just someone who loves my evo and xda! and wants to give back!! any questions/problems/concerns let me know!!
    older downloads

Beta 4

Deodex'ed: http://dev-host.org/2gv

Odexed: http://dev-host.org/FuO

Beta 3

Deodex'ed: http://dev-host.org/OwJ

Beta 2

Odexed: ss_su_4.67.651.3.zip - 259.5 MB

Deodex'ed: test build, not complete - hotspot hack enabled? need testers. sstest.zip - 211.2 MB

Beta 1 (based off of 4.54 base)
    Deodex'ed: ss_su_3betA1.zip - 267.4 MB
    beta 4 in odexed is available for consumption.

changes - replaced gtalk w/ video with regular gtalk due to fc issues.

- most apps updated versions as of today, minus the google apps due to not wanting to have any issues with updating.

- icon battry percentage, other theme elements are present. please see updated OP

Odex:

http://dev-host.org/FuO

Deodex'ed:

http://dev-host.org/2gv
    Mods/Hacks/Fun Stuff!

wallpaper in screenshot in OP attached. as Dev's finally get mods for the 4.67 base, i will link to them here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459982
    Happy new years! beta 1 of sprint updated version 3 is ready for download. have Fun!!

ss_su_3betA1.zip - 267.4 MB