[FIX] Fixing your bricked/black screen DSOD/broken nvflash Tab

Search This thread

wtgserpant

Feb 10, 2012
New York
Odin might work

I don't know why, but this made me feel a little hurt, maybe because i realised that i'm being (a bit) too lasy.Well, i made some research and things are a lot clearer now but i still have some questions (brace yourselves). Which firmware did you guys used? I looked it over the forum and most of them are custom. Did anyone here used the normal ones? I am asking this because none of the threads said something like: " Use this if you bricked you tablet" or "This won't fix bricked tablets, it'll just make it look pink".
Thanks.

Odin flash ur tab with stock honeycomb and then you can root it or do whatever u want.
Get Odin, get stock honeycomb (look through development thread), get into download mode ( in ur tab), flash stock from with Odin ( if ur not sure, just YouTube it) and then leave everything to Odin
I think this should ( no guaranty) fix ur soft bricked tablet as u can still enter download mode

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

dj____boy

Oct 3, 2012
jerusalem
Thanks!

This may or may not work for most but this worked heavily for my 2 units that had the same issue. One with a broken nvflash, the other that faced a bootloop and never booted up again. Took almost a week and I felt almost all hope was gone because the bloody service centre's refused to accept the unit's as they were not purchased from the region, rather online. Scumbag Samsung :mad:.

[!] This is usually a 90% fix for both broken nvflashes/deep sleep of death, considering you haven't drowned your Tab by now with no hope :D. I ask that you kindly attempt this once if you haven't before you QQ to the nearest Samsung center like I did.

- Drain your tablet

And by all mean's do so, The quickest way to get this done in less than 2 days or so (Depending on the battery percent charged) is to get a clear tape and tape around the power button pressed.

- Testing if you have drained it completely/Taped it right.

Connect the tablet via USB to your PC, make sure you have the NV Driver files [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130574]

Just install the driver and proceed to the step where it asks about holding down the [Power button] +[ Volume+] and wait for the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds. It also helps to look at Device Manager to see if it still pops up.

When the battery is completely drained it will stop popping up in the device manager, and your ready to go.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP

You have only 1 and only 1 chance per drain to get this done right. Plug it into the socket charger and see if the charging icon should come up, after being fully drained you should see the charge icon should pop up [100% tested and works, this step is annoying but it's the tablet version of taking out the battery and popping it back in] and what ever you do, DON'T BOOT IT UP NORMALLY, instead press [Power Button] + [Volume -] keys and let go when you see the logo to get into fastboot mode.

Select the android buddy with the [Volume +] key and it will boot into Download Mode.

From here on out everything is easy sailing. Get the right firmware and Odin and flash the firmware you require. It doesn't matter what region you are from, the tablet is made to accept any regional firmware BUT the model number should be the same. Which mean's 7500 for 7500 ONLY.

Edit: Since you have only one chance per drain, I suggest you flash a stock firmware rather than flashing CWM to save it, Because CWM would only fix the recovery, It wouldn't fix the damaged bln. The fastest way to get a stock firmware is grabbing the stock firmware from the Overcome thread :D

This is going in to my library!
great guide for the hopeless devices

steven_oh87

Jan 8, 2009
Im in my 3rd weeks and when i try to connect it to my notebook, it still comes out in the device manager.
Anyone here has tried draining the battery by taping without using additional USB devices to leech the power off?
Would it take months to drain the whole battery out?

Due to no particular/additional information on this, i decided to sent my tab out to the service center after taping it for 1 month
They fixed it within 3-7days time (i was out to another country for a week during the service so cant really tell how long)
  • They fixed the tab
  • The diagnose mention 'hardware issue' from the power IC instead of software issue due to my attempt in flashing custom (probably spoiled the power IC for taping the power button for a month
  • They gave me ICS instead of the original honeycombxD~
  • Free of charge since im still under warranty

So at least for SME, they either do take care of this problem and do not charge you for it or its because they thought that its a hardware failure
*Seeing how my Power IC got spoiled, anyone attempting the 'tape' might want to be careful although i cant confirm its spoiled because of the 'draining attempt' for too long

Last edited:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
My god! what has happened to Tapatalk, I never got notified for this despite being subscribed to this topic! I have alot of reading to do!

@Steven Draining wont spoil the tab, that's for sure. If anything draining just resets what the RAM tends to store temporarily. It's more or less like a Word Document that gets dumped in the RAM so you can recover it in times of sudden let -go. Same way when the tab tends to brick/crash it dumps it all in the RAM as to try and revive what's being dumped. But if the dumped data is bricked/junk, then it bootloops you over a bootimg sector it can't read. Drain just resets the memory to fetch and load.

steven_oh87

Jan 8, 2009
My god! what has happened to Tapatalk, I never got notified for this despite being subscribed to this topic! I have alot of reading to do!

@Steven Draining wont spoil the tab, that's for sure. If anything draining just resets what the RAM tends to store temporarily. It's more or less like a Word Document that gets dumped in the RAM so you can recover it in times of sudden let -go. Same way when the tab tends to brick/crash it dumps it all in the RAM as to try and revive what's being dumped. But if the dumped data is bricked/junk, then it bootloops you over a bootimg sector it can't read. Drain just resets the memory to fetch and load.

Its supposedly as you mention, im confused myself about the diagnostic result of "Hardware Issue: Power IC breakdown' nonetheless, it saved me from some potential hassle since it wouldn't be covered in warranty if they diagnose it due to 'custom rom flash/software blabla' :laugh:

arch.fadi

Nov 30, 2009
any hope for asus tablet in this method ?????
i have a bricked asus transformer tf300t ....any 1 tried IT

karim228731

Jan 5, 2013
i have samsung galaxy s GT I9003 and while i was rooting it i unplugged it by mistake......so when i turn it on the galaxy start up stage freezes.... so i put it on odin and put PIT file but i forgot to uncheck RE-Partition and now all i have is a black screen when i turn it on.... pleasseeeee helppppppp:crying::crying:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
i have samsung galaxy s GT I9003 and while i was rooting it i unplugged it by mistake......so when i turn it on the galaxy start up stage freezes.... so i put it on odin and put PIT file but i forgot to uncheck RE-Partition and now all i have is a black screen when i turn it on.... pleasseeeee helppppppp:crying::crying:

That's all good except you're completely in the wrong section for that. If anything you need to make sure you flash the pit file. Then flash the stock ROM in PDA in Odin. Make sure it's from XXKPH to DDLF2 or whatever you want to flash to. And please in the correct section :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jöbi_1

Apr 7, 2010
Austria
yesterday my p7510 Tab won't boot...
i had tried all the combinations before, to get into download mode, nothing helped :rolleyes:

so i searched and found this thread, thanks!

I tried to put some clear tape on the power button and BAM it began to boot normal. :confused:

i flashed stock ICS and after that i was flashing cm10.1 nightly (the 4.2.1 version) and the A1 Kernel all went pretty flawless i was so happy to have Android 4.2 on my beloved tablet, until a few hours later, black screen and no response on power or other buttons...

so today i sticked again clear tape and wait for the tab to run out of power from about 80% :(

i really hope i can fix it again and will stay on Stock ICS for a while... :(

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
yesterday my p7510 Tab won't boot...
i had tried all the combinations before, to get into download mode, nothing helped :rolleyes:

so i searched and found this thread, thanks!

I tried to put some clear tape on the power button and BAM it began to boot normal. :confused:

i flashed stock ICS and after that i was flashing cm10.1 nightly (the 4.2.1 version) and the A1 Kernel all went pretty flawless i was so happy to have Android 4.2 on my beloved tablet, until a few hours later, black screen and no response on power or other buttons...

so today i sticked again clear tape and wait for the tab to run out of power from about 80% :(

i really hope i can fix it again and will stay on Stock ICS for a while... :(

Hahaha. So it got fixed but then it died again. Owch. Well on the other side I've decided to keep mine on CM10 despite how laggy I feel it is at times. Sure the stock ICS works wonders but they're way back on updates

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jöbi_1

Apr 7, 2010
Austria
yeah you're right!

all i want is a stable android tablet experience... :cyclops:

the really annoying thing is that i cannont tell where this "sleep of death" is coming from and how to avoid it...:eek:

Last edited:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
yeah you're right!

all i want is a stable android tablet experience... :cyclops:

the really annoying thing is that i cannont tell where this "sleep of death" is coming from and how to avoid it...:eek:

Thing is when you turn on the tab it lags so hard. But then when you let it go on it resumes to be speedy. I hate to admit it that despite how fast jellybean is, samsung tucked us over.

Jöbi_1

Apr 7, 2010
Austria
My Tab began to boot, out of nowhere... While I was sitting next to it on my computer... :sly:

tried to get it in download mode, i saw some red error messages, usb write faild was suddenly was the result for tying to flash a stock rom...:(

what can i do? wait for the tab to drain completly and try again flashing with odin?

Last edited:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
My Tab began to boot, out of nowhere... While I was sitting next to it on my computer... :sly:

tried to get it in download mode, i saw some red error messages, usb write faild was suddenly was the result for tying to flash a stock rom...:(

what can i do? wait for the tab to drain completly and try again flashing with odin?

Just as long as you can get it to download mode just flash the rom again. It's a failed attempt

Jöbi_1

Apr 7, 2010
Austria
AW: [FIX] Fixing your bricked/black screen DSOD/broken nvflash Tab

Still not able to boot into download :(

The tab seems not to be fully drained yet. Wonder how long it will take...:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Jöbi_1

Apr 7, 2010
Austria
well, still not able to get into download mode or any other thing, neither the pc is recognizing it... :(

Last edited:

khnfrhn

Mar 4, 2011
Mumbai
colorbones.com
Ok, mine is something weird ANY HELP WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED.

My GT-P7500 won't boot up at all :( It will stay on the boot logo. I can only access download mode. I've tried Flashing various gt-p7500 stock firmwares from 'samfirmware' via ODIN. by various i mean A LOT! like ICS stock, HC Stock, of dif regions..

I am not even able to access recovery, as soon as i select recovery from fastboot the screen goes black till infinity!

Anybody else having this kind of problem?

gl3nng

Oct 7, 2010
MD
I found a fastest way to get to download mode with my soft brick tab. Just today was able to flash stock firmware using the combo. Done it like 4 times and I think i have learned the pattern.

You have to have APX driver installed.

1. When you plug in your tab you will see the APX device connected icon.
2. Pressing POWER button and count to 9 which will reset the APX device connection. Continue pressing the POWER button and press Down volume.
3. When the APX device is not connected count to 2 and instantly release the POWER button.

Hope it works for you, because works every time for me. I tried flashing back to stock ROM but when I turn off my device and boot it up,
it wont boot up. Doing the same combo every time I power up my device.

Hope there is a FIX..

Im back to stock honeycomb.

Reactions: tonisauffa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This may or may not work for most but this worked heavily for my 2 units that had the same issue. One with a broken nvflash, the other that faced a bootloop and never booted up again. Took almost a week and I felt almost all hope was gone because the bloody service centre's refused to accept the unit's as they were not purchased from the region, rather online. Scumbag Samsung :mad:.

[!] This is usually a 90% fix for both broken nvflashes/deep sleep of death, considering you haven't drowned your Tab by now with no hope :D. I ask that you kindly attempt this once if you haven't before you QQ to the nearest Samsung center like I did.

- Drain your tablet

And by all mean's do so, The quickest way to get this done in less than 2 days or so (Depending on the battery percent charged) is to get a clear tape and tape around the power button pressed.

- Testing if you have drained it completely/Taped it right.

Connect the tablet via USB to your PC, make sure you have the NV Driver files [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130574]

Just install the driver and proceed to the step where it asks about holding down the [Power button] +[ Volume+] and wait for the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds. It also helps to look at Device Manager to see if it still pops up.

When the battery is completely drained it will stop popping up in the device manager, and your ready to go.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP

You have only 1 and only 1 chance per drain to get this done right. Plug it into the socket charger and see if the charging icon should come up, after being fully drained you should see the charge icon should pop up [100% tested and works, this step is annoying but it's the tablet version of taking out the battery and popping it back in] and what ever you do, DON'T BOOT IT UP NORMALLY, instead press [Power Button] + [Volume -] keys and let go when you see the logo to get into fastboot mode.

Select the android buddy with the [Volume +] key and it will boot into Download Mode.

From here on out everything is easy sailing. Get the right firmware and Odin and flash the firmware you require. It doesn't matter what region you are from, the tablet is made to accept any regional firmware BUT the model number should be the same. Which mean's 7500 for 7500 ONLY.

Edit: Since you have only one chance per drain, I suggest you flash a stock firmware rather than flashing CWM to save it, Because CWM would only fix the recovery, It wouldn't fix the damaged bln. The fastest way to get a stock firmware is grabbing the stock firmware from the Overcome thread :D
    The method described in the OP doesn't involve flashing using nvflash. It is an attempt to get the device to out of whatever low level mode it might be stuck in by draining the battery and hoping it will power up again and reset.

It's nearly impossible to tell what exactly the problem each person had. People haven't been posting much information about how they "bricked" it or what the events were that led to the tablet being stuck in this state. So it's hard to tell what exactly the conditions are that this method might work under.
    Hi, I had a quick question before I send my P7510 in for RMA:

The tablet froze during a TWRP flash of pershoot's 9/01 CM9 experimental build. I had to power it off and now it won't power back on. I've drained it a few times (as far as I can tell) by attaching various USB devices to the USB dongle add-on and tried to get it to show that it was charging by plugging it into the wall A/C charger but unfortunately I haven't had any luck. Just a blank screen and a tablet that won't turn on.

Any advice?

that TWRP recovery, if using samsung's release kernel 3.1, needs to have MMC_CAP_ERASE removed from it. please contact the person who built this to have it rebuilt without this functionality in it.
    On another note, Updated the OP
    There's no way to remove the battery since it's like hardbound inside. Drain it to turn it on sir.

Yeah you should get it plugged via APX mode. Press it for 15 secs both then connect it via USB, After that you can hold it down via tape, the power button only.