Strange signal reading after updating to 4.2.2

Search This thread

BKGiantsFan

Dec 25, 2010
I updated to the latest version of the ROM posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1737849

Now I get one bar for my mobile network, but it seems to be working fine.

Attached is a screenshot of my signal readings. As you can see the number is off the charts crazy.

I need to figure out how to get the system to properly recogzine and display the mobile signal strength again.

Thanks is advance for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-19-01-27-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-01-27-10.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 116

Tagilso

Oct 26, 2010
R: Strange signal reading after updating to 4.2.2

Yeah I have this strange reading too on 4.2.2! One single bar and strange numbers!
But this happens only sometimes when unlocking the screen after standby. One second after unlocking, this strange reading disappears and the normal signal is showed. I dont think the network is down because i can receive calls in standby.

OP try to reflash the modem part with fastboot or try downgrading to 4.2.1 baseband

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

BKGiantsFan

Dec 25, 2010
Yeah I have this strange reading too on 4.2.2! One single bar and strange numbers!
But this happens only sometimes when unlocking the screen after standby. One second after unlocking, this strange reading disappears and the normal signal is showed. I dont think the network is down because i can receive calls in standby.

OP try to reflash the modem part with fastboot or try downgrading to 4.2.1 baseband

I tried downgrading the radio and still have the issue.

I think I just need a setting reset or some sort of data of cache cleared because as far as I can tell I still get a good signal, it's just that the stupid notification is displaying it way out of whack.

A30N

Mar 26, 2011
Florida
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 8
I had the same issue last night after trying out 4.2.2, and I ended up going back to 4.1.2 due to fluctuating 3G, no 4G, slow GPS lock, and 1/4 the battery life. 4.2.x is a huge leap backwards for this device IMHO.

BKGiantsFan

Dec 25, 2010
... 4.2.x is a huge leap backwards for this device IMHO.

I wouldn't say that because 4.2.1 was totally fine for me. Also like I said, the signal seems fine. I can make and receive calls and use data without issue. Just sucks that if I ever did go in an area with poor reception I wouldn't be able to know by looking at the signal meter.

A30N

Mar 26, 2011
Florida
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 8
Not all Galaxy Nexus mainboards can take 4.2.2. Mine can't, or any 4.2.x for that matter. 4.1.2 works flawlessly though.

I had a similar scenario with my desktop and laptop. My desktop has issues upgrading to Windows 8, but runs Windows 7 perfectly. My laptop on the other hand, is twice as fast on Windows 8 than 7, and doesn't have any issues at all. Both are Core i5's with identical 64GB SSD's and 8GB RAM each.

Windows 8 doesn't add any missing features to my desktop, so I had to evaluate exactly why I wanted it so badly. The only things I could think of were prestige in the IT community and bragging rights, neither of which are truly important factors in how personal computing enhances my life. So, I went back to Windows 7 and decided to be happy with what I have.

Tagilso

Oct 26, 2010

Try to wipe all and reflash (via fastboot) 4.2.1 from official image by google server and see if it's ok (this excludes some sort of hw issue).
Then get the OTA update to 4.2.2 and check now.
I'm curious to find the origin of this because like I said, I'm suffering of a similar problem.

BKGiantsFan

Dec 25, 2010
Fixed!

I used GetRIL to update the Radio interface layer to match the update and everything's perfect now.

Tagilso

Oct 26, 2010

I have always had ril and radio matched, but I still get strange readings sometimes on device wakeup.