Chromecast Mirroring is now possible !!? No 3rd part application (I guess)

Search This thread

lucaurso

Jan 14, 2011
Hi! This morning I noticed a new tile that appears half second later I open the tile menu.
It's chromecast mirroring!!!!
I thought it was because of an Xposed module but when I try to mirror the screen an error Toast Notification appears, and thanks to an Xposed module I can see that the notification is sent by Google Play Services.
So I assume that it is a built in function.
Am I correct?

In the screenshots attached you the browser is open, but the tile is always there..
Unfortunately I didn't managed to letting it working..

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Can't see your screenshots for some reason, and would help to know what device and Android OS version you're using.
EDIT: Now I see your screenshots. :)

Last edited:

extrem0

Feb 7, 2012
What's your chromecast build?

What's your chromecast build? I'm in CM11 and I see Wireless Screen as an option in tile settings, but it doesn't appear to me. My CC has team eureka rom build 15520.

Last edited:

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
What's your chromecast build?

What's your chromecast build? I'm in CM11 and I see Wireless Screen as an option in tile settings, but it doesn't appear to me. My CC has team eureka rom build 15520.

Mirroring support is limited to the later versions of KitKat (Android 4.2 or above).
They are the only devices that support Mirroring for Mirrorcast/CCast and I'm not sure but only the very latest version of KitKat on Google Experience (aka Nexus) devices has it baked into their OS for CCast support.

Manufacturers are probably a version behind anything Google is doing and not even aware that they can enable that feature for their units.

[EDIT] Just to clarify in your case not sure what CM is doing as far as Mirror support. It largely will depend on who is maintaining your Device on CM.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Mirroring support is limited to the later versions of KitKat (Android 4.2 or above).
They are the only devices that support Mirroring for Mirrorcast/CCast and I'm not sure but only the very latest version of KitKat on Google Experience (aka Nexus) devices has it baked into their OS for CCast support.

Manufacturers are probably a version behind anything Google is doing and not even aware that they can enable that feature for their units.

[EDIT] Just to clarify in your case not sure what CM is doing as far as Mirror support. It largely will depend on who is maintaining your Device on CM.

Android 4.2 is jellybean, but yes does support miracast (different than Chromecast mirroring). Many people have reported seeing the cast screen option since KitKat's release on various roms and devices but it hasn't worked for anyone. Koush got it to work with the mirror app but only for Nexus 5.

I believe this is coming sooner than later officially from Google.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app