Group SMS / Group Text Message Issue

Search This thread

SNsPhone

Sep 20, 2011
Hello all,

I recently switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and ported over my old number. I now have an unusual issue where I am included in the group text as a clone. IE -- when I reply back to the group, I reply back to all group members which also includes myself so I will send/receive a text message from myself.

When looking at the people in the group, I show up in there as my own phone number.

Any help on how to remedy this would be appreciated!

TIA

Edit to give more phone information:

I had a Galaxy S4 with Sprint and received a brand new S5 with T-Mobile

Model SM-G900T

Android v 4.4.2

Last edited:
Reactions: yvonneerik

yvonneerik

May 28, 2014
Hello all,

I recently switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and ported over my old number. I now have an unusual issue where I am included in the group text as a clone. IE -- when I reply back to the group, I reply back to all group members which also includes myself so I will send/receive a text message from myself.

When looking at the people in the group, I show up in there as my own phone number.

TIA

Thank you.

Tangodown78

Mar 8, 2014
Concord
First Don't bumb your threads so much.. Bad way to get a response, One you will likely not like

Secondly If you need help post AS MUCH INFO as you can

Phone Model, OS Version, Carrier, App Your Using (if applicable)

Also did you Keep the same phone from sprint to use on T-Mobile ?

I have T-Mobile and I've yet to have this problem and I use group text'ing occasional.

Start By Giving that info and we can go from there.

Last edited:

SNsPhone

Sep 20, 2011
First Don't bumb your threads so much.. Bad way to get a response, One you will likely not like

Secondly If you need help post AS MUCH INFO as you can

Phone Model, OS Version, Carrier, App Your Using (if applicable)

Also did you Keep the same phone from sprint to use on T-Mobile ?

I have T-Mobile and I've yet to have this problem and I use group text'ing occasional.

Start By Giving that info and we can go from there.

I don't agree about the bumping part, especially on a site with heavy traffic like this in such a general forum. This thread was made one week ago, not yesterday. Anyway, updated my OP with more information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

TIA

Edit to give more phone information:

I had a Galaxy S4 with Sprint and received a brand new S5 with T-Mobile

Model SM-G900T

Android v 4.4.2