Can't get into recovery (Revolutionary)

Search This thread

white43

Jan 26, 2008
Dorset, UK
Hi All.

I'm having a problem with what appears to be Recovery mode in Revolutionary.

The Desire S has been rooted and S-Off. I then flashed Android Revolution 7(Mike1986).

As I'm about to sell the phone, wanted to do a factory reset, but this restarts the phone and gets stuck on the HTC logo. So I figured I'd manually flash a new ROM instead. So I go into bootloader, but when I get to the menu and select Recovery, again, it gets stuck at an HTC logo.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?

Reactions: suku_patel_22

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
Hi All.

The Desire S has been rooted and S-Off. I then flashed Android Revolution 7(Mike1986).

As I'm about to sell the phone, wanted to do a factory reset, but this restarts the phone and gets stuck on the HTC logo. So I figured I'd manually flash a new ROM instead. So I go into bootloader, but when I get to the menu and select Recovery, again, it gets stuck at an HTC logo.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?

You need to flash an eng-hboot first before you can flash an RUU to go back to stock.

All details in my signature and the index thread.

Read the forum and index thread before doing anything

Reactions: white43

white43

Jan 26, 2008
Dorset, UK
Oh, OK - I'm not that bothered about putting it back to stock firmware. I just wondered why Revolutionary doesn't seem to be working.

Presumably I just need to put PG88IMG.zip into the root of the SD card?

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
Hi All.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?

By the way did you install any recovery like cwm or 4ext?

Sent by my fingers to your head.

white43

Jan 26, 2008
Dorset, UK
Um.....I'm fairly sure it was CWM, but don't hold me to that. Whatever it was, it allowed me to install Android Revolution 7.

I can't update HBOOT - Revolutionary keeps bypassing it?????

Um.....I'm fairly sure it was CWM, but don't hold me to that. Whatever it was, it allowed me to install Android Revolution 7.

Android Revolution 7??? On the Desire S...? Where'd you get that from? It's not officially supported by the ARHD team!!:confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: eyahl

white43

Jan 26, 2008
Dorset, UK
Now I'm absolutely confused where the hell I got that from!!!

I think the best course of action is to get the phone back into shape - so I need to flash the HBOOT back and presumably the recovery back if possible. Revolutionary is preventing me from flashing a new Hboot. Any ideas?

EDIT : Right. Using ADB, I've managed to re-flash CWM and now it works. But can someone advise on getting HBoot to flash?

Last edited:

white43

Jan 26, 2008
Dorset, UK
Just wanted to thanks everyone for their replies. At the moment I'm using a custom rom, with CWM still installed. I haven't sold it on yet, as the Sensation XE I bought to replace it, died within 24 hours! D'oh!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-6.98.1002
    RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
    eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?
    Hi All.

SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-6.98.1002
    RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
    eMMC-boot

Any suggestions?

You need to flash an eng-hboot first before you can flash an RUU to go back to stock.

All details in my signature and the index thread.

Read the forum and index thread before doing anything

Android Revolution 7??? On the Desire S...? Where'd you get that from? It's not officially supported by the ARHD team!!:confused::confused::confused:
    Loll fire the dd command to flash hboot.

It is fine from adb.

See in the thread of my signature for the dd commands

Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC