[DEBRICK TOOL] Backup Sys Dump in case of hard brick - A life saver

Search This thread

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys,

A lot of people have been hard bricking their device, a lot more than usual, probably because Kit Kat touches the bootloader, so i'm simply asking to you prevent and keep and image of your system dump on your SD card using this tool.

In case of a hard brick, this will allow you to restore your system image and potentially save you big $$$.

This only works if you are already on 4.4

Simply flash this in recovery, save it on internal SD then copy to external SD and keep a copy on your PC

Dropbox link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4937149/XDA/N9005_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip

Thanks to ValenteL for modifying this tool to work on our Note 3

Reactions: HappyBirthday

jnrandall

Mar 5, 2010
Hi!

I'm not sure I understand something. I flashed the file in Recovery, now what? Is there an output file? What is it's name?

Thanks

jnrandall

Mar 5, 2010
Hi, i ran it again and the process said it created this file but i cant find it . i assumed it would be in the same folder as the zip file.

Thanks for the assist

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

A lot of people have been hard bricking their device, a lot more than usual, probably because Kit Kat touches the bootloader, so i'm simply asking to you prevent and keep and image of your system dump on your SD card using this tool.

In case of a hard brick, this will allow you to restore your system image and potentially save you big $$$.

This only works if you are already on 4.4

Simply flash this in recovery, save it on internal SD then copy to external SD and keep a copy on your PC

Dropbox link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4937149/XDA/N9005_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip

Thanks to ValenteL for modifying this tool to work on our Note 3
    This tool just saved a guy that bricked while trying to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3

Sent from Note 3 on Rogers