Weird in call behavior

Search This thread

ChaosXIII

Feb 3, 2010
While im in a call on my G2 randomly the call will end or it will get muted or it will go on speaker phone. It seems like there is a proximity sensor or a light sensor in the upper left of the phone and randomly it freaks out mid call and turns on the screen and my cheek hits some of the touch buttons. It is very annoying. Randomly ill be in a conversation with my girlfriend and it will hang up -_-. maybe when we get root access or more api access to that sensor we can turn it down or something like that. Anyone else having a similar problem?

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
While im in a call on my G2 randomly the call will end or it will get muted or it will go on speaker phone. It seems like there is a proximity sensor or a light sensor in the upper left of the phone and randomly it freaks out mid call and turns on the screen and my cheek hits some of the touch buttons. It is very annoying. Randomly ill be in a conversation with my girlfriend and it will hang up -_-. maybe when we get root access or more api access to that sensor we can turn it down or something like that. Anyone else having a similar problem?
This is a common problem with smartphones that use proximity sensors. Whether or not you get this problem depends on how you hold your phone to your head and possibly whether you have long hair (there is some argument about that). Some phones also do have more problems than others, suggesting it might be related to programming of the proximity sensitivity/hysteresis.

ChaosXIII

Feb 3, 2010
I see. I actually do have long hair... that could be a factor. My hair could be moving across it or moving and it could be triggering the sensor. Maybe once we get root access we can see if there is a way to disable the sensor altogether for calls. I like the auto back light feature but so far in calls it is very annoying. Shouldn't be too hard i think.

Snuggl3s

Jun 8, 2009
LA
One thing I like to do is cover the top part where the sensor is first with my ear / side of my head then place the rest of the phone on the side if my face. So angling it basically, whole process takes about 2 secs. Hope this helps.

fRom Snugs G2 ^.^

funkadesi

Jun 23, 2006
I have the same problem too, its annoying. What I do is that I try to keep the sensor area (top left of the phone) as close as possible to my case, also as covered as possible. Kepp the bottom half of the face a little bit away from the face (cheek). - this way you wont set off any on screen buttons if light does get through the sensor.