[RECOVERY][GSM] Clockwork Recovery Touch Enabled 5.8.0.2

Search This thread

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
EDIT 01/31:
New version posted, dated 01/31

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-maguro.img

daed57e87f9c62de5fba96dbd3844013 /Volumes/Data/ics/out/target/product/maguro/recovery.img

-- Or get it from ROM Manager for $1.99 --

Requirements: Knowledge with flashing images in fastboot.
Instructions:
1. Boot into bootloader mode.
2. Using command prompt, fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-maguro.img

Taken from the official Clockwork Recovery Google+ page. I am not the developer, all credits go to Clockwork Mod & Koush. I'm simply posting this as an awareness thread.

Source: https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/N9FpGn2Rq7a

Last edited by a moderator:

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Works like a charm, Thank you :)

You're welcome :) the only feature I'd want more from this is the go back button from the other touch-enabled recovery because I thought it was pretty useful or at least a "swipe" gesture. For example, if you flicker your fingers to the left, it'd go back to the previous menu.

Love the scrolling on the menus though :)

Edit: koush never added a md5 hash to his post so I included mines instead, 1AAEE1915FADDDDCE68437B734241ADB to help out.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY

The difference is that,
1. It's a official release by Koush, the original developer of Clockwork Recovery.
2. No navigation buttons at the button compared to that version.
3. The recovery itself is FULLY touch-enabled (refer to the youtube video I included) so that means you can actually PRESS on "install zip" rather than using the up/down keys to navigate.
4. Volume Keys + Power ability to navigate is still present.
5. You can scroll through the menus.

Although I do like the navigation buttons included in the version you linked. I miss the "go back" one.

watso4183

Mar 10, 2009
Installed this and am now in a boot loop. Anyone one else experience this? AOKP build 20/GSM.

alain57

Jul 15, 2010
The difference is that,
1. It's a official release by Koush, the original developer of Clockwork Recovery.
2. No navigation buttons at the button compared to that version.
3. The recovery itself is FULLY touch-enabled (refer to the youtube video I included) so that means you can actually PRESS on "install zip" rather than using the up/down keys to navigate.
4. Volume Keys + Power ability to navigate is still present.
5. You can scroll through the menus.

Although I do like the navigation buttons included in the version you linked. I miss the "go back" one.

2: this is really a problem :( i like the navigation buttons, the back button is really a must have....
the 3 other are no more usefull if you have full touch
4: on the other recovery with the navigation button, vol+power buttons still works

treperio

Jul 7, 2009
It's a official release by Koush, then there is a possibility to flash it with "rom manager" app?

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
Wow, gotta say i love it! Larger text/menus and no ugly theming :) Thanks for everyone who's working on this.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
It's a official release by Koush, then there is a possibility to flash it with "rom manager" app?

When the recovery is out of beta stages, yes it will most likely be flashable via ROM Manager. Until then, don't count on it.
@alain: Navigation buttons are kind of still there, you just have to scroll to the bottom with your fingers and go to "go back" but yeah I liked the navigation buttons at the bottom. Maybe we'll see this included in the final version.

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
Actually i'm happy that there's no more navigation buttons at the bottom, looks much cleaner. Swipe gestures (left/right) would be nice to have, but isn't a must either. Really love what we have right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Actually i'm happy that there's no more navigation buttons at the bottom, looks much cleaner. Swipe gestures (left/right) would be nice to have, but isn't a must either. Really love what we have right now.

Agreed with swipe gestures to swipe back with that it would be perfect. Navigating with up and down arrows seems so 90s, enjoying the responsiveness of the scrolling.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
What's the build number of this recovery? I flashed it but not had a chance to actually try it yet...:D

EDIT: 5.5.0.4

Last edited:

Thracks

May 9, 2010
Austin
I've been running this for about 12 hours now, and it works like a champ. Working in recovery is much faster, and it appears completely stable. What more can you say?

Top Liked Posts