I can't "unroot" my phone! (I tried all variations)

Search This thread

Lienot

Oct 13, 2011
Hi!

You read the topic, I will tell you what happened.
I rooted my phone (Galaxy W - original DBT sales code with I8150XXLA2_I8150DBTKJ1_I8150XXKL3), it was a little tricky.
Originaly it had the LA2 Stock Firmware on it and I had to flash a lower firmware (I8150XXKL3_OXXKL2_XEU) on it. After this I could root my phone.
OK. I played a little bit around and the biggest mistake (i think) - for me - was to test the [ROM] GingerICE 1.0 (Android 2.3.6, Custom .35 Kernell).
After I did my phones language was malaysian I think. I could turn it to English but I didn't like the FW and I only wanted to test it.

The next thing I did was to flash a stock Firmware (again the I8150XXKL3_OXXKL2_XEU), a strange thing was that in the telefon infos the phone was not mentioned as root, but it wasn't really unrooted.

When I connect to KIES it says my phone is incompatible and can't be updated.
If I try to select the sales code via the *#272*IMEI# combination there is only XEU, the original DBT (for germany) is gone. There are 10 or more others to choose, but not DBT.

So I really wanted to unroot and put a stock firmware on it to give it a rebirth and get it as it was as I got it. (or 99% percent as I got it)

First I used the DooMLoRD_v1_UNROOTING tool, it went through everything fine (I read everythng in the DOS Box) and suceeded, but the phone was NOT unrooted! There was no superuser, but it is STILL ROOTED.

Then I tried the unroot.zip file.

I first rooted it again, to have the CWM recovery and after that I turned the Samsung into recovery mode and choose the unroot.zip from the recovery menu and - surprise - it is STILL ROOTED!

I can't believe it. People have problems to get their device rooted, I have problems to unroot mine.

The best thing would be a reset to sales code DBT and any stock firmware - don't matter how old.

Are there any ideas what I can do?
I wanted to post it in the development section but I have to write 10 posts first.

If someone could help me you would make me really happy!!

CU
lienot

Last edited:
Reactions: minatovladoski

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
Hi!

I rooted my phone (Galaxy W - original DBT sales code with I8150XXLA2_I8150DBTKJ1_I8150XXKL3), it was a little tricky.
Originaly it had the LA2 Stock Firmware on it and I had to flash a lower firmware (I8150XXKL3_OXXKL2_XEU) on it. After this I could root my phone.
OK. I played a little bit around and the biggest mistake (i think) - for me - was to test the [ROM] GingerICE 1.0 (Android 2.3.6, Custom .35 Kernell).
After I did my phones language was malaysian I think. I could turn it to English but I didn't like the FW and I only wanted to test it.

Hi,

my solution would be:

1. Backup everything manually what you can!

2. Flash via ODIN ClockWorkMod Recovery on your device(english). Scroll down to other and select ClockWorkMod.
If you prefer a german instruction. Runterscrollen zu Sonstiges ;-)

3. Once ClockWorkMod is flashed, go to the recovery:
a) backup and restore -> backup to external sdcard
b) backup and restore -> restore from external sdcard
This is to make sure the files aren't corrupted, if this is successful you can be sure everything is backupped. If you get a MD5 mismatch something went wrong. Try again!
c) wipe data/factory reset -> confirm
d) wipe cache partition -> confirm
e) mounts and storage -> format system -> confirm
f) mounts and storage -> format cache -> confirm
g) mounts and storage -> format data -> confirm

4. You restart your phone in Download Mode and flash the german DBT firmware using this instruction, which is provided in the thread under Firmwares.
If you prefer a german instruction.

5. Now you will have to flash again the ClockWorkMod recovery to restore your data.
Than open ClockWorkMod Recovery and:

backup and restore-> advanced restore from external sdcard -> select the backup -> Restore data -> confirm.

Now if you want the stock recovery back(needed for OTA updates) instood of ClockWorkMod, than go to the Others or Sonstiges and select the stock recovery, and flash it on your device.

6. Now you should have a fresh and unrooted device like you have never rooted/flashed!!!

Oh yeah, the reason why you have to make these complicated steps: Because you were flashing all different kinds of firmwares, you system will be a mess. To make sure your device is not a overwritten old firmware these steps are necessary.
Flashing via ODIN does not delete all old data !!!

greets

THE-E

Last edited:
Reactions: Lienot

Lienot

Oct 13, 2011
Hi!

I just read your answer. Thanks A LOT for this step by step answer.
I will try this, but I can't do it this evening, but as soon I did it I will post if it was sucessfull.

I am from Germany - you seem to be from germany too?
I think there a lot of smartphone/computer "freaks" from germany in boards all around the globe!

Anyway, my english isn't perfect but good enough to read instructions and follow these.

Again thanks a lot,

CU
lienot

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
Yes once you have flashed the stock ROM do a factory reset to ur phone n best to format ur SD to be sure

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

But it is important to make a backup on your physical sd card. ClockWorkMod does not backup the SD card.

But if you ask me, it is not necessary to format the sd card(internal). External sd is anyway not required to format.

And yes I am from Deutschland :-D If you have problems with my explainations, just PM me, I will answer you in german.

greets

THE-E

P.S.: You are welcome. A click on the thanks-button is fair enough ;-)

Reactions: Lienot

Lienot

Oct 13, 2011
Hi!

1st - Sorry for the late answer. I am a little lazy in writing. :(

Everything is fine now! My Samsung W is absolutely unrooted.
When I use the *272... combination it gives me no choice, there is only DBT and this is - at the moment - exactly what I wanted to have.

I had wiped the handy and the cache before and it didn't worked well, but after I did the things you wrote "format/mounts and storage..." it finally worked!

Thanks again, I will 100% percent keep on flashing, but it is a little different with the galaxy W. I had the SGS2 before and there were dozens of ROMS and it was no problem to change anything in the phone, there was a solution for everything.

I'll give the Galaxy W a little time, until then I love my Phone as it is.

I didn't want such a big phone anymore, it is just tooo big, so I stepped down to the W.

Have a nice evening, :cool:
CU
lienot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

The next thing I did was to flash a stock Firmware (again the I8150XXKL3_OXXKL2_XEU), a strange thing was that in the telefon infos the phone was not mentioned as root, but it wasn't really unrooted.

When I connect to KIES it says my phone is incompatible and can't be updated.
    If I try to select the sales code via the *#272*IMEI# combination there is only XEU, the original DBT (for germany) is gone. There are 10 or more others to choose, but not DBT.

So I really wanted to unroot and put a stock firmware on it to give it a rebirth and get it as it was as I got it. (or 99% percent as I got it)

First I used the DooMLoRD_v1_UNROOTING tool, it went through everything fine (I read everythng in the DOS Box) and suceeded, but the phone was NOT unrooted! There was no superuser, but it is STILL ROOTED.

Then I tried the unroot.zip file.

I first rooted it again, to have the CWM recovery and after that I turned the Samsung into recovery mode and choose the unroot.zip from the recovery menu and - surprise - it is STILL ROOTED!

I can't believe it. People have problems to get their device rooted, I have problems to unroot mine.

The best thing would be a reset to sales code DBT and any stock firmware - don't matter how old.

Are there any ideas what I can do?
    I wanted to post it in the development section but I have to write 10 posts first.

If someone could help me you would make me really happy!!

CU
    lienot
    Hi!

Hi,

my solution would be:

1. Backup everything manually what you can!

2. Flash via ODIN ClockWorkMod Recovery on your device(english). Scroll down to other and select ClockWorkMod.
    If you prefer a german instruction. Runterscrollen zu Sonstiges ;-)

3. Once ClockWorkMod is flashed, go to the recovery:
    a) backup and restore -> backup to external sdcard
    b) backup and restore -> restore from external sdcard
    This is to make sure the files aren't corrupted, if this is successful you can be sure everything is backupped. If you get a MD5 mismatch something went wrong. Try again!
    c) wipe data/factory reset -> confirm
    d) wipe cache partition -> confirm
    e) mounts and storage -> format system -> confirm
    f) mounts and storage -> format cache -> confirm
    g) mounts and storage -> format data -> confirm

4. You restart your phone in Download Mode and flash the german DBT firmware using this instruction, which is provided in the thread under Firmwares.
    If you prefer a german instruction.

5. Now you will have to flash again the ClockWorkMod recovery to restore your data.
    Than open ClockWorkMod Recovery and:

backup and restore-> advanced restore from external sdcard -> select the backup -> Restore data -> confirm.

Now if you want the stock recovery back(needed for OTA updates) instood of ClockWorkMod, than go to the Others or Sonstiges and select the stock recovery, and flash it on your device.

6. Now you should have a fresh and unrooted device like you have never rooted/flashed!!!

Oh yeah, the reason why you have to make these complicated steps: Because you were flashing all different kinds of firmwares, you system will be a mess. To make sure your device is not a overwritten old firmware these steps are necessary.
    Flashing via ODIN does not delete all old data !!!

greets

THE-E
    Yes once you have flashed the stock ROM do a factory reset to ur phone n best to format ur SD to be sure

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

But it is important to make a backup on your physical sd card. ClockWorkMod does not backup the SD card.

But if you ask me, it is not necessary to format the sd card(internal). External sd is anyway not required to format.

And yes I am from Deutschland :-D If you have problems with my explainations, just PM me, I will answer you in german.

greets

THE-E

P.S.: You are welcome. A click on the thanks-button is fair enough ;-)