Mar 12, 2012
hi,enable adhoc , ics wpa_supplicant
plz turn off wifi before u start

make back up to your original wpa_supplicant before u start
1. u must have root explorer
2.dowload this wpa_supplicant View attachment wpa_supplicant.rar
3.copy new wpa_supplicant to sd
4.open root explorer
5. go to new wpa_supplicant location and copy it and then go to system (((change mount to r/o)) then bin and paste
a message will appear ,do u want to overwrite it press yes ,then go to wpa_supplicant ,long press on it press permissions set it like image then press ok,Done
Screenshot_2012-07-17-01-33-29.jpg

Screenshot_2012-07-17-01-33-50.jpg for jellybean this rom cm10 with ics Binaries build 5 work fine thanks to legolas93 http://www.mediafire.com/?5m7x1xisbk48k49 if u want to know how to root this rom go to legolas93 orginal post to install superuser and gapps
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1777602

Last edited:

wikid24

Jun 6, 2011

2.dowload this wpa_supplicant View attachment 1202998
4.open root explorer
5. go to new wpa_supplicant location and copy it and then go to system (((change mount to r/o)) then bin and paste
a message will appear ,do u want to overwrite it press yes ,then go to wpa_supplicant ,long press on it press permissions set it like image then press ok,Done
View attachment 1203052

View attachment 1203053

James, thanks for this. I am attempting to find a solution for the Nexus 7 in a thread, also on Jellybean.

Could you kindly let us know what was the code fix to the wpa_supplicant file? We'll have to see if we can reverse engineer it and apply the same fix. (P.S. I've already tried using this file on the Nexus 7 to no avail)

Regards,
WiKID

jenda.69

Nov 23, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
yes jellybean and ics

Just trying on Nexus S (i9023) with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 JRO03E and it DOESN'T work for me. It's just displaying text that wifi is turning on. (BTW I noticed that original JB wpa_supplicant is 578 kB and this one is only 470 kB)
On ICS 4.0.4 this file worked just fine.

Has anyone got wpa_supplicant with adhoc support working on Jelly Bean?

Last edited:

james300

Mar 12, 2012
Just trying on Nexus S (i9023) with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 JRO03E and it DOESN'T work for me. It's just displaying text that wifi is turning on. (BTW I noticed that original JB wpa_supplicant is 578 kB and this one is only 470 kB)
On ICS 4.0.4 this file worked just fine.

Has anyone got wpa_supplicant with adhoc support working on Jelly Bean?

update rom cm10

Last edited:

jenda.69

Nov 23, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
It's pity that this updated wpa_suppl. from CM10 doesn't work on stock ROM either. But I know there aren't many people who want this particular combination (stock ROM + ad hoc).

anuj0sharma

May 14, 2009
Pune
For sure..it didnt worked for me on any JB rom.. except the 83C stock and unrooted. But, the file size was same as of patch. Now all the JB releases have different file sizes than patched wpa_supplicant.
waiting for a working patch...:silly:

DrMud

Jun 20, 2008
West Central Florida

2.dowload this wpa_supplicant View attachment 1202998
4.open root explorer
View attachment 1203052

View attachment 1203053 for jellybean this rom cm10 with ics Binaries build 5 work fine thanks to legolas93 http://www.mediafire.com/?5m7x1xisbk48k49 if u want to know how to root this rom go to legolas93 orginal post to install superuser and gapps
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1777602

I tried this supplicant and had no luck. I have a rooted SAMSUNG Tab 7 Plus WiFi. I use adhoc from my NOKIA phone to my HP laptop and my Polaroid Tablet just fine. I really had hoped that this would work on the TAB as I live rural and have few hotspots. The Tab is better performer than the Polaroid. When I install this and other supplicants I get a flashing WIFI as it turns on and off.

tumich91

Oct 4, 2011
I have the same problem with my samsung galaxy s3. I have android 4.1.2, i copied this wpa_supplicant but still dont see ad-hoc wireless from my Nokia e52, joiku spot premium. Anyone can help??
Thanks

Top Liked Posts