[s-off] Moonshine s-off for Droid DNA - UPDATE 6/12 - WINDOWS SUPPORT ADDED

Search This thread

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
update 6/12:

Windows support added. Check moonshine.io for windows download. Important windows notes:

1.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
2.) make sure adb and fastboot drivers are working
3.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
4.) if you are having problems with fastboot, try a usb 2.0 port.
5.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
6.) make sure other programs that interfere with adb and fastboot are uninstalled (PDANet, Kies, etc.)
7.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
8.) if you use a third party firewall, be sure to grant access to distiller.exe as it checks for updates
9.) MAKE SURE HTC SYNC IS UNINSTALLED
10.) YOU MUST UNZIP THE ARCHIVE BEFORE RUNNING DISTILLER. DO NOT JUST TRY TO RUN IT FROM THE ARCHIVE.

Welcome to moonshine s-off for the HTC Droid DNA. Developed by Fuses, beaups, and Hyuh. Enjoy.

Downloads available at: http://moonshine.io

You MUST upgrade to 2.06 fw first. To do this, download 2.06 firmware here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9060692/dna2.06firmware.zip Then:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip dna2.06firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

IMPORTANT! Then, choose "power off" in fastboot menu

Last edited:

Nov 21, 2012
Welcome to moonshine s-off for the HTC Droid DNA. Developed by Fuses, beaups, and Hyuh. Enjoy.

http://moonshine.io

You MUST upgrade to 2.06 fw first. To do this, download 2.06 firmware here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9060692/dna2.06firmware.zip Then:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU

You are the best! Can you comment on revone and it's suspicious release?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using xda app-developers app

shobon

Sep 9, 2010
Connecticut
This is probably the easiest s-off/unlock/root method I've ever used. You literally plus your device in, run the executable, and it does everything for you. Great job on this!

Reactions: 2ra9me1sh7
Sep 2, 2010

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Your are the MAN!!!! All bow to lord beaups!

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU

FYI, a few typos on the instructions page.

e.g. "USB 3.0 ports are know to casue connectivity problems"

ghettomuffin

Jan 15, 2011
Rochester, MN
I'm a bit new to using a Live CD. The instructions say don't download Moonshine to the Windows drive. Will it install there by default or how should I go about this? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

chadster1976

Nov 18, 2008
Anaheim
S-OFF achieved!!! Thank you so much guys!

Just a little heads up - may be good to let people know that this will install SuperSU so they don't try and flash another Superuser/SuperSU JIK.

Backing up with CWM right now... sooooo pretty! :D

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville
Has anyone tried on 64-bit? I'm about to and was wondering if anyone hit any problems

I'm running it now with 32-bit libraries installed using Ubuntu 12.10 distribution.

EDIT: Just finished. It worked:

2e2asaby.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And what I can't figure out is why this thread hasn't been swamped with comments... Kind of eerie given the pre-release buzz. Definitely donating now. Go, team!

Last edited:
Reactions: swimminsurfer256
Mar 5, 2010
gave me a failed notice after trying to gain temp root....any ideas?Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (9/60)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (18/60)
Device detected.....................
[************************************************************]
Rebooting into bootloader (again)
Waiting for fastboot (9/60)
Waiting for ADB (16/60)
Waiting for device
Waiting for device
Launching temproot
Sleeping 10 sec
ERROR: temproot failed

not excellent with linux by any means....

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
I'm clueless when it comes to Linux how do I execute the distiller? I've double clicked and nothing...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
bring up terminal
cd ~/Downloads
sudo ./distiller
this will ask password enter it now
and blam s-off

an beaups you guys are amazing i will be needing this monday my new dna will be here.
my og dna broke in half sadness 2 weeks no phone...

Last edited:
Reactions: krazya

jaysinsalot

Dec 30, 2012
Warren
Just wanted to say thanks again to beaups(facepalm s-offer) for doing what he does. Surely hope most didn't jump ship to the other method (loved the post over there too lol) since hes been so loyal to us, and waded through all the bs posts from people that only listen to their inner child. Everyone join us in truly owning your phone, and please donate to this man, esp if you posted you would. Don't know him personally, but definitely a man I would hug.(notgay)

Droid DNA S-off Viper 1.3 TT2

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
I'm clueless when it comes to Linux how do I execute the distiller? I've double clicked and nothing...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Do I need something else installed? Running Ubuntu 32 bit.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

bring up terminal
cd ~/Downloads
sudo ./distiller
this will ask password enter it now
and blam s-off

an beaups you guys are amazing i will be needing this monday my new dna will be here.
my og dna broke in half sadness 2 weeks no phone...

I'm sorry in advance but this is the first time I've used linux... lowering my head now... Where is terminal?

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Tip here. If your unsure of what your doing wait until someone makes a tutorial for you to follow or a video. Be patient it will happen. It's better than having a bricked device because you don't know what your doing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update 6/12:

Windows support added. Check moonshine.io for windows download. Important windows notes:

1.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    2.) make sure adb and fastboot drivers are working
    3.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    4.) if you are having problems with fastboot, try a usb 2.0 port.
    5.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    6.) make sure other programs that interfere with adb and fastboot are uninstalled (PDANet, Kies, etc.)
    7.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    8.) if you use a third party firewall, be sure to grant access to distiller.exe as it checks for updates
    9.) MAKE SURE HTC SYNC IS UNINSTALLED
    10.) YOU MUST UNZIP THE ARCHIVE BEFORE RUNNING DISTILLER. DO NOT JUST TRY TO RUN IT FROM THE ARCHIVE.

Downloads available at: http://moonshine.io

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

I first want to say thanks for the moonshine.

Second I want to say your initial instructions (on the website) are a bit ambiguous.
    I was able to get it to work just fine on the first try, but if I was a total noob I would of been screwed.

It would be nice if you informed your users that along with a working linux install a working adb connection is also
    required.

The instructions make it feel as if everything is included in the download and its only pointed out that adb isn't included when you are asked to type "YES" into the terminal.

Third, I was also shocked to find that a recovery wasn't included with the install.
    I found this out the hard way when I immediately try to go into recovery and got a nice red triangle. once again not a big deal It was easy enough to install a recovery it just kind of freaked me out when I saw the triangle.

I have to admit that it was my fault for assuming that a recovery would be installed. there isn't any mention that one would be.
    just a simple heads up would be nice

So these aren't really complaints, just suggestions to make things a bit more clear for future users.

So my hats off to you for making this wonderful program. I am extremely grateful for your work.

We don't inform user to get working adb installed because it's unecessary. Also, red triangle is stock recovery.

Show me one s-off process that includes custom recovery? Geez, we root your device for you and install custom hboot and kernel. Who has ever done that? Now we need to do recovery for you too?
    I finally got it. The supercid.apk was the roadblock. Uninstalled it and moonshine went straight through.
    Not sure what im typing wrong in ubuntu terminal, but can't get the commands right for the life of me...someone help please. I extracted the files into the downloads folder.

I type in

~/Downloads
    Downloads: is a directory
    sudo ./distiller
    then it tells me sudo ./distiller command not found

cd ~/Downloads
    tar -zxf [filename]
    sudo ./distiller
    Do a full powerdown. Full! And try again.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta