Stuck in boot screen, computer wont recognize phone in fastboot USB..

Search This thread

AceszHigh

Apr 17, 2008
I have a sprint CDMA evo 3d. Somehow I bricked my evo 3d. I had an older version of viperRom and tried to install the newest version and its bricked , just locks up at the HTC start screen. Tried to revert back to the older version and still bricked. At this point I'm just trying to unroot and go back to stock in hopes of that working.

I think its an issue with the drivers and my PC.

I'm on hboot 1.5 and its unlocked. I have windows 8 (but also tried this on my win 7 pc) ..I downloaded HTC sync and uninstalled. I have SDK tools with all the updates.
I go into fastboot on the phone, it shows fastboot USB and then my PC recognizes the phone but tells me there's a problem with the driver. I manually select an android ADB driver I have (I have win 8 in the mode that does accept unsigned drivers), it says everything is ok. But then a few seconds later the phone 'disconnects' and doesnt show 'fastboot usb' any more and says there was a problem.
Anyone have a driver I should try or any other suggestions?

johnnyslt

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Bucharest
Update Windows to 8.1 and the problem should be fixed. There were some problems with Windows 8 USB drivers.

AceszHigh

Apr 17, 2008
Update Windows to 8.1 and the problem should be fixed. There were some problems with Windows 8 USB drivers.

I have windows 8.1 , but also tried this on my windows 7 computer. I had installed the rom a long time ago, if i recall correctly I had to change a setting on the phone to enable adb to recognize the phone... But obviously that is not possible. Any suggestions?

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
You need to make sure dumlok is on or flash boot.IMG through fastboot

Just read you cant connect to PC
....try uninstalling HTC sync and updating drivers, reboot....hopefully that helps

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

AceszHigh

Apr 17, 2008
You need to make sure dumlok is on or flash boot.IMG through fastboot

Just read you cant connect to PC
....try uninstalling HTC sync and updating drivers, reboot....hopefully that helps

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

I tried that, but I had trouble finding drivers. Anyone have a link for up to date drivers for the evo 3d that work on win 8.1?

mhnx

Sep 23, 2010
Thessaloniki
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You must make advanced reboot from settings and disable the signature check on drivers. Open settings from right corner of the screen and choose the last options, I think you will find it easilly. I' m not near a computer to tell you exactly the steps, the f7 key is what needed on advanced boot. After it will get the driver installed. That worked for me om gsm model.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app